Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Happy for GP

it was good to see gary contribute the heat's championship with his key shots.

as one of my all time favorite sonics, i am glad he got his ring.

i would love to hear what howard shultz has to say. or is he too busy trying to lobby for the arena's corporate welfare?

gary is a free agent and will probably re-sign with the heat-- he's no fool. but how great would it be if he could finish his career here in seattle. it would be more entertaining than earl watson...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 AM   #2
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

I'm happy he contributed to the team rather then just being a ringchasing freeloader. I remember a while ago he wanted to return to Seattle, doesn't he still have that problem with Wally Walker since Wally is a huge tool?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default reality

youre right HkM

as long as walker is around, gary probably wouldnt return. it was just a fleeting thought shared in haste...

poetic justice would be that someday gary comes back after retirement in some capacity. perhaps his hometown oakland will have more an attraction to him.

also, being away from seattle the past couple of years has created distance between him and the city in general. most nba fans have a very short memory (just check out the thread regarding favorite sonics!!)

many are critical of gary, but you have to admit that his trash talking, up front way of being adds spice to the otherwise cliche driven nba. remember how many wrote off the heat after gary fired up wade with a heated (pardon the pun) exchange in the bulls series.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Jazz fan here... I just wanna give props to GP for finally getting his ring. When he and the Mailman teamed up in LA, most of us here cursed Malone for being a traitor and trying to win a ring with a team not named the Utah Jazz. But I understood how important winning a championship was to him - even if it would've been on the coattails of younger stars. His career was worthy of a ring, regardless of the team. Same goes for Gary. We had some classic battles back in the day with him and Kemp against our duo. And that's when i became a GP fan. Especially when he said how much respect he had for Stockton. ha. I'm glad Payton won't have to go down as "one of the greatest to never..." He got his ring. And the Seattle Sonics had one of the most passionate players in the game. Just remember it as that.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default stockton's the best

hey bricklayer

thanks for the words regarding payton.

even though he is one of my favorite all time sonic, i do beleive that stockton is THE best pure point guard ever. some may say cousey; i wouldn't argue with those who might pick magic johnson (he is my favorite all purpose point). it amazes me that people overlook stockton. i think there is a bit of bias against him because he wasnt flashy, he did not win a ring and that he was from the jazz. but to me, those are not valid arguments to take away the fact he is the all time assist and steals leader and that he was made those great jazz teams click

those were some great battles against the sonics in the 90s; i always looked forward to those games-- especially in the playoffs

bricklayer,-keep dropping knowledge on the poor espn-highlight reel-slam-dunking-neophytes who think they know the nba...
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

so am I.. that bastard.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:03 AM   #7
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

I also am VERY GLAD he won a ring...

My Favorite PLAYER All-Time is Gary Payton

I couldn't believe Miami won seconds after it was over...I am glad, that Payton has "1 Ring" labeled next to him...

A ring he contributed in...Hopefully he can get another one...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default fav moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
I also am VERY GLAD he won a ring...

My Favorite PLAYER All-Time is Gary Payton

I couldn't believe Miami won seconds after it was over...I am glad, that Payton has "1 Ring" labeled next to him...

A ring he contributed in...Hopefully he can get another one...

hey glove 20

what is your favorite payton moment as a sonic?

mine was when he stole the ball from jordan in the 1996 finals and jammed it home while mj looked on
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: