Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Sagat has an OK reputation so far
Default Carson Palmer - Your Thoughts?

I'm a bit biased of Carson Palmer being a huge Bengals fan. I believe he's underrated even though he's already considered an elite QB in the NFL. He's just as much a leader on the field as he is off the field. Not every QB can say that, not even the elite ones.

I'll just leave it at that for now. I'm curious to know the thoughts of others looking at Carson Palmer from a non-Bengals fan perspective.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Carson Palmer - Your Thoughts?

I thought you were talking about this guy:

glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
I'm a bit biased of Carson Palmer being a huge Bengals fan. I believe he's underrated even though he's already considered an elite QB in the NFL. He's just as much a leader on the field as he is off the field. Not every QB can say that, not even the elite ones.

I'll just leave it at that for now. I'm curious to know the thoughts of others looking at Carson Palmer from a non-Bengals fan perspective.

I liked him when he was with the Trojans... great leadership skills...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Palmer ... Daily ... yeah I can see the correlation.

:rollingeyes:
Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carson Palmer successfully came back from a devistating injury that couldve seriously altered the path of his career. With that, he proved his toughness, leadership skills, and pride. He is the quiet leader of the team. He's not a "rah rah" guy. He just goes out there, gets the job done, and leaves the juicy quotes to the other guys (such as Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmendazeh).

He is my favorite player on my favorite team. WHO DEY!
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

If they don't make the playoffs, their coach will certainly get canned. Right now, Carson is overshadowed by Manning and Brady and unless his team can make a legit run at the SB, he'll remain in their shadows.

BTW, that game a couple of years back between the Bengals and Colts was a classic shootout.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

he was gettin his hype til he got derailed by that injury. he hasnt totally put up the numbers that he was puttin up before and the bengals didnt perform like many thought. this year will tell a lot as he should be healed by now and if the bengals make a good run ull hear him among the top few qbs in the league again
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
-primetime-

He is the 3rd best QB in the NFL right now...

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer

McNabb is not 100% so I don't want to hear it
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
He is the 3rd best QB in the NFL right now...

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer

I'd agree this is accurate. Me being a die-hard Bengals fan, makes me want to flip-flop Brady and Palmer, but Palmer needs to prove himself outside the regular season.

Not saying the Bengals are this year's champs, but there's a good chance they'll win the AFC North (I don't care what people think about the Ravens, they're not as good as last year, even with the addition of McGahee, and the Steelers are always overrated).

I believe once they make the playoffs (either by winning one of the toughest divisions in the league or by a Wild-Card in the dominant AFC) they'll really make some noise this year and finally make people believe the Bengals can and will be a potential SuperBowl team if not this year, sometime in the future.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Top 5

Manning
Brady
Mcnabb/Palmer (arguable)
Brees

Palmer needs to smell success in the playoffs to move up. Which is why Mcnabb is generally over him.

Last edited by GOBB : 08-02-2007 at 05:05 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #11
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Top 5

Manning
Brady
Mcnabb/Palmer (arguable)
Brees

Palmer needs to smell success in the playoffs to move up. Which is why Mcnabb is generally over him.
McNabb claimed 2 days ago that he is not 100%

he said he was about 75%

he is going to have a very slow start and might now even start at all

for this reason he should not be considered top 5 this year...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
McNabb claimed 2 days ago that he is not 100%

he said he was about 75%

he is going to have a very slow start and might now even start at all

for this reason he should not be considered top 5 this year...

Thats moronic. Then week 1 when he claims he is 100% you rank him top 5 again?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
-primetime-

Quote:
Thats moronic.
how the hell is he gonna be top 5 if he is sitting on the bench?

there are no fantasy football rankings that rank him top 5

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2007/keepers_qb.cfm

am going to have to school you again in football?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
how the hell is he gonna be top 5 if he is sitting on the bench?

there are no fantasy football rankings that rank him top 5

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2007/keepers_qb.cfm

am going to have to school you again in football?

School me when your argument on the top 10 WR's was based on last years stats?

Fantasy football? If we went by that Carson Palmer and Drew Brees would be ranked ahead of Tom Brady jackass.

You're not on my level talkin football. You really dont wanna do it to yourself. The fact you posted a link to a FF site ranking Qbs just exposes you as a dumbass. I dont even need to reveal the rankings and argue them down because any real football fan would already know what those rankings entail. So step your game up when you step to GOBB. I'll put you on your f*cking ass like Sean Taylor did that punt in the Pro Bowl or Sheldon Brown did Reggie Bush.

If you think Mcnabb will be sitting on the bench then you're a lost cause.

Last edited by GOBB : 08-02-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #15
-primetime-

Quote:
School me when your argument on the top 10 WR's was based on last years stats?

Fantasy football? If we went by that Carson Palmer and Drew Brees would be ranked ahead of Tom Brady jackass.

You're not on my level talkin football. You really dont wanna do it to yourself. The fact you posted a link to a FF site ranking Qbs just exposes you as a dumbass. I dont even need to reveal the rankings and argue them down because any real football fan would already know what those rankings entail. So step your game up when you step to GOBB. I'll put you on your f*cking ass like Sean Taylor did that punt in the Pro Bowl or Sheldon Brown did Reggie Bush.

If you think Mcnabb will be sitting on the bench then you're a lost cause.
he is listed as questionable...

and even if he does start he will not be 100%

McNabb is very injury prone...he has been through this 2 times before this

and I don't know why they have Brady under brees and palmer...that has to be rankings before NE signed Moss...because Brady will produce more than both of them
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: