Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #61
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
You have an irrational love for Wally though so I dont count your opinion on him. Wally is a chucker. A high percentage chucker, but a chucker none the less. Never made a team better in his life well at least not his NBA life.
Szczerbiak isn't a chucker at all. Few if any of his shots are ill-advised and he's a legitimate offensive weapon. I don't know if anyone on this board has seen more of him than I have. He's simply NOT a chucker.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #62
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Does that make sense to anyone? I mean, if you're shooting and making nearly 50% of your shots....why not shoot more?

When you are taking shots away from KG. Yes it makes sense. I just dont like Wally I guess. He doesnt defend, he is a poor passer, he basically does nothing but shoot. Jason Richardson is also a high percentage chucker. Chucking is just taking shots that arent good for the team(at least to me it is). You can do it at a high percentage, doesnt make it any better for the team. Kobe was a chucker when he went cancerous also.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #63
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Szczerbiak isn't a chucker at all. Few if any of his shots are ill-advised and he's a legitimate offensive weapon. I don't know if anyone on this board has seen more of him than I have. He's simply NOT a chucker.

The team also lost more and more games as he scored more and more points. The Twolves had an almost perfect correlation between losses and Wally scoring. Its actually kind of ridiculous.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #64
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
The team also lost more and more games as he scored more and more points. The Twolves had an almost perfect correlation between losses and Wally scoring. Its actually kind of ridiculous.
You don't suppose that had anything to do with a crappy coach and horrible, horrible teammates? Szczerbiak was the team's second-best player until he got traded. Jaric was still playing big minutes and sucking. Szczerbiak wasn't NEARLY the only factor in the Wolves sucking then.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #65
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Wally's not a chuck. He averaged 14 shots per game.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #66
craigthomasb
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

he should be averaging 56 ppg then

with his skill he could easily hit 14 3 pointer and ones
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #67
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
When you are taking shots away from KG. Yes it makes sense. I just dont like Wally I guess. He doesnt defend, he is a poor passer, he basically does nothing but shoot. Jason Richardson is also a high percentage chucker. Chucking is just taking shots that arent good for the team(at least to me it is). You can do it at a high percentage, doesnt make it any better for the team.

Well I mean, taking KG shots is one thing if you're shooting low 40s, but not if you're in the upper 40 to 50 percent range. I mean, besides, KG's baskets are not going to be worth more than Wally's. Wally makes a three or a two, is just the same as KG if he were to make a FG or get an and 1. Besides, KG isn't really the type of guy who goes out and scores a lot of points. He always hovers around his 20 point mark and still gets it with Wally's "chucking". And Jason Richardson is shooting 44% while Wally is shooting 48%. That's quite a difference.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #68
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
They do the measurements in front of reporters. You know those dudes are going jump on something like that as soon as it happens.

Thats not true. The list of players who mysteriously grew inches from their college days to the draft combine is massive. It's been going on for a long time. Hakeem is the furthest back I know of for sure. TJ Ford is a massive example recently. Guy apparently grew 2 inches to be a nice 6'. Yep, TJ sure is 6', so is Iverson.

Quote:

It's clear we have differing views of what a chucker is. To you it is apparently just someone who takes a lot of shots. Wally takes bad shots. He is a great shooter, but he destroys the offense. Always has, at least in every game I've seen of his. Just a selfish player. Thats just me, I just dont like him though. Just like sakf has an irrational love for him, I have a hate. He doesnt play defense, that will put you in my bad book, I just dont like the guy, Im honest. But to me he is one of the worse chuckers in the league, the fact he does it at a high percentage is about his only saving grace. But its not really a co-incidence that he always loses imo. The year that Minny did great was the year he missed. He started getting in shape and thus shooting more and the Wolves started losing this year. Last year he jacked away and they lost. Again... Ill only mention that god awful contract in passing.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #69
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Thats not true. The list of players who mysteriously grew inches from their college days to the draft combine is massive. It's been going on for a long time. Hakeem is the furthest back I know of for sure. TJ Ford is a massive example recently. Guy apparently grew 2 inches to be a nice 6'. Yep, TJ sure is 6', so is Iverson.
It most certianly is. There are reporters there every year when they do those measurements. They do it in an open gym if I'm not mistaken.

You're the one who is just estimating how play a player is based on what you see and what you perceive.

The NBA doesn't list exact measurements after that point, but at the camp, they announce a player's exact measurements. After that, they'll list the player rounding up. If you're 6'6 1/2 or 6'6 3/4 in shoes, that gets you 6'7 on your profile on NBA.com and stuff liket hat.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #70
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Szczerbiak doesn't "take shots away" from Garnett. Garnett's not aggressive to the point where Szczerbiak getting involved lessens Garnett's involvement in the offense. Plus, when they played together, Garnett created a great deal of Szczerbiak's shots anyway.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #71
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

I don't mind Wally, but he shouldn't be a main option on offense. He should be what he is.. a spot up shooter.

There is no such thing as a high percentage chucker.

Hyperthetical Scenario:

I come into the NBA, in my rookie season I make 70% of my shots from anywhere. Guarded or unguarded. I am therefore the best option on the team, my shot has a very high percentage of going in. If I take 40 shots a game, am I a chucker?

Basically you want the guy that shoots a high percentage taking more shots than idiots like Sprewell or Olowokandi.

Wogi you are wrong on two counts:

1- You say that Wally is a bad passer. Wrong he is great at ball movement. A very underrated passer.

2- And he does play D, he's just not that good at it. He has slow lateral movement and doesnt antcipate steals well. He does however play decent post defense on wings posting.

I could rip on some Spurs pretty badly.

Tony Parker:

1. No BB IQ
2. Madator defense
3. No jumpshot
4. Average passer
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #72
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default fa

Adam got different facets of the game from different people.

I see him producing slightly higher than Sczerbiak numbers.

He's got the duncan "feel for the glass" the dirk swing the ball over, anda fade, and can spot up pretty much anywhere.

However, the obvious athleticism knocks will limit him the rbdz/stlz/blx department.

I see him being the 5th best rookie of this draft, when all's said and done.. behind Roy, Foye, Simmons, Brewer, and Rudy.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #73
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

I think he will be between Kyle and Wally - He played in the WCC so I'm not going to say he is better than a All-Star or a Legend.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #74
funky2dope
I airball my layups

This bloke shouldn't even be mentioned in the same book as Larry Legend, let alone same sentence. Not even similar, at any point. I think Wally is a decent comparison, Morrison will be better than Kyle Korver.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:21 AM   #75
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
It's clear we have differing views of what a chucker is. To you it is apparently just someone who takes a lot of shots. Wally takes bad shots. He is a great shooter, but he destroys the offense. Always has, at least in every game I've seen of his. Just a selfish player. Thats just me, I just dont like him though. Just like sakf has an irrational love for him, I have a hate. He doesnt play defense, that will put you in my bad book, I just dont like the guy, Im honest. But to me he is one of the worse chuckers in the league, the fact he does it at a high percentage is about his only saving grace. But its not really a co-incidence that he always loses imo. The year that Minny did great was the year he missed. He started getting in shape and thus shooting more and the Wolves started losing this year. Last year he jacked away and they lost. Again... Ill only mention that god awful contract in passing.
Your definition of "chucker" isn't making any sense. How do you take bad shots while shooting nearly 50%? If you can hit at that high of a rate then for you the shots are good shots. Destroys the offense? What are you talking about? saKf isn't the irrational one here. And if he's the reason that Minnie lost, why was Minnie's record better pre-trade than post-trade? Minnie's good year featured a healthy Sam Cassell and Spree's final good season. Your critique of Wally is ridiculous.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: