Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #16
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Navarro a griz tomorrow

I was watching espn and there news ticker.They had an officail story on that saying that the grizz and wizards reached an agreement.So I think thats awesome.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #17
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

Just answering a few things asked in the thread:

Yes he is still a rookie. Oberto was a 29 year old rookie two years ago for the Spurs. The thing is players like Navarro arent really rookie as they have played professional ball in Europe for several years. No it is not the NBA, but scouts consider certain Euro leagues more competitive than college ball.

Yes at 6-3 he is short for a 2 gaurd, but in small ball lineups there are plenty of gaurds close to his height. Most are crazy athletic gaurds like AI and DWade, but there several examples of players who can play the 2 spot effectively who are fairly short for the position.

I think this translates well in Ivaroni's run-and-gun system next season. Having 3 PG's, Mike Miller and JCN at the 2, Rudy, TK, and Casey Jacobson at the 3, Pau, and Hakim at the 4, and Darko and Swift at the 5 looks like a very capable lineup in the PHX, Toronto style. All this trade does is add even more depth in the crucial gaurd spots for the new running system.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #18
jailer
MillionDollarException

Sounds good to me.We got a good player,and pau will be happy
Old 08-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hopefully Pau will forget those stupid ideas of being traded now.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I hope so.But last year was bad and frustrating.i understood his complaints.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:28 AM   #21
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well after going to the playoffs 3 straight years then winning the World Championships, coming back to a team that only got 22 wins must be very frustrating.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #22
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I mean when your front office tells you one thing and dosent follow through it really takes a toll on you.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 AM   #23
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

So at the end everyone is happy. Hope Navarro will adapt quickly to the NBA way of playing. I expect about 20 minutes (maybe more) for him during the season, and 10+ ppg. I also think he fits perfectly in the "Phoenix style" Iavaroni will put in place in Memphis.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #24
jailer
MillionDollarException

My one fear is that he will turn out like the guy on the pacers.Jarevickus or whatever.He was like a top guard in europe then the pacers brought him over.He didnt do that well.He was barely good enough to be a backup.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 AM   #25
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

There is always that risk with any player. When ever a player is being drafted from High School, College or from overseas a huge risk is being taken because no one knows how they will be able to cope with the NBA. The NBA is a different game from High School, College and overseas basketball.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 AM   #26
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Yeah, there is always a risk. But I think things will be easier for Navarro due to Gasol and because the team roster is not impressive. That will give JC more minutes and more chances to success.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #27
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Yeah, I agree. Navarro has Gasol, a close friend, already on the team. So that should make him feel more comfortable before he even enters training camp.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

Hope so.Did you guys know that his nickname is le bomba.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #29
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

What does le bomba mean? If I had to take a guess I would something along the lines of, "The Bomber".
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 AM   #30
berraco
Darko The Ripper

La Bomba = The bomb

The nickname is given due to his ability blowing up the ball above bigger deffenders. That's his most characteristic shot. Look for his plays in youtube and you will see.

Last edited by berraco : 08-08-2007 at 06:39 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: