Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #31
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Navarro a griz tomorrow

So basically a tear drop?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:14 AM   #32
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yeah his tear drop floater is what he is kown for.Think tony parker
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #33
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let's hope he can do it in the NBA.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #34
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

There are more Spanish players playing at NBA than Gasol, like Calderon, Garbajosa, Sergio Rodriguez, etc... playing well for his teams.

Take this, then: In Spain, Navarro is considered the second Spanish best player, following Gasol, and better of all these players mentioned.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #35
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah his tear drop floater is what he is kown for.Think tony parker

Good, I didn't know the term (english is not my first language) :)
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #36
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

So what's the situation with Navarro?

I found in his site a report that Barcelona has given up on him, as they have reached an agreement with the american franchise. Seems the Grizz gave up a first rounder in the 2008 draft. Here's the link, but it's in spanish (though I somehow guess there are a couple of spanish speakers in this forum :) ).

So there's a deal but it isn't official yet? Wasn't there a deadline or something? And I couldn't find anything on ESPN, nor in the Grizz website. Isn't this worth mentioning? Or they are waiting for it to be official?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #37
berraco
Darko The Ripper

As far as I know the 4 parties (Wizards, Grizzlies, Navarro and FCB) have reached an agreement for the buyout, the trade of the rights to the Grizzlies and one year contract for Navarro. The signature is still missing, but (in principle) no problem should arise for the deal.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #38
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

And a few hours after my prior post in this thread, this article appears on nba.com. I swear somebody heard me

Quote:
In the next few days, Navarro expects that his NBA draft rights will be traded by the Washington Wizards, who drafted him with the 40th overall pick in 2002, to the Memphis Grizzlies, which would reunite him with national team teammate Pau Gasol. Together, Gasol and Navarro, born less than a month apart in 1980, helped Spain capture the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship in Japan.

If that deal goes through, Navarro will complete a buyout agreement with Barcelona, a team he has played for ever since he was a teenager.
full article
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #39
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah basicly the hold up is he buyout.They have to figure out a deal fair enough for all sides.Cause the grizz can only pay 500,000 of it.The buy out is at two and a half million.So navarro will have to pay the rest.So they are trying to give hima deal so that he can pay it off and have a nice contract.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:39 AM   #40
berraco
Darko The Ripper

A spanish paper announces that the final deal will be signed tomorrow.
Also points out that Navarro will be the 9th worst paid player in the NBA, $540000. Very cheap!

Last edited by berraco : 08-13-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #41
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah but is that after he pays for his own buyout?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #42
berraco
Darko The Ripper

As far as I understand, it is his full salary, but the news are not very specific. If that is the case, he is losing money (a lot) coming to Memphis, because his buyout was about 4 million$.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #43
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Well, I am gonna explain what I know.

The deal is only for one year. He will earn that crap salary, and all the money will go to his European club, Barcelona. That means he will play first year for Memphis with absolutely no retribution. You can take this as a proof of his value as a professional.

He expects to play as he knows, so he can sign a good contract next year and pay 3M$ more to Barcelona to get free.

Navarro really want to play at NBA, and will do it for free this year. How many players would do that, having a 2.5M$ for year in Europe? I hope you all can appreciate the player you have signed.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #44
jailer
MillionDollarException

Wow if that is true.Then that is awesome.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #45
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
He expects to play as he knows, so he can sign a good contract next year and pay 3M$ more to Barcelona to get free.

At least in Memphis should play more minutes than in other teams, so he can show his potential and get this contract (maybe with the Grizzlies again). The question is how he will adapt to the league, longer games, longer season... Hope everything goes well, because he is a bomb .
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: