Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default NBA Live adds 8 FIBA Teams ...

Quote:
“We’re very excited to count FIBA as a close partner,” said Jordan Edelstein, Director of Product Marketing, EA SPORTS. “Adding the FIBA World Championship license to the NBA LIVE franchise, allows us at EA SPORTS to add a new layer of authenticity to the franchise, giving fans all over the world a deeper virtual basketball experience.”

Quote:
All eight international teams are available in Play Now mode, as well as the all new FIBA World Championship Mode* that allows players to compete in an eight team single elimination tournament. Choose from the authentic rosters, teams, and uniforms of each international team, and prove to the world that they have what it takes to win the title.

Live really is stepping it up..but it wont matter if the gameplay and animations still suck...

[

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 08-03-2007 at 03:10 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Live adds 8 FIBA Teams ...

if used right this could be sick. in franchise mode picking out the team and playing it against other countries.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Live really is stepping it up..but it wont matter if the gameplay and animations still suck...
Yup. You took the words right out of my mouth.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Team Greece will probably lead the game in dunks, crossovers, and go through the backboard layups
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Team Greece will probably lead the game in dunks, crossovers, and go through the backboard layups

NBA Live plays like a 5 on 5 NBA Jam but they add FIBA teams. Madden is missing basic elements of NFL football but you can Hitstick people.

Add "fluff" but ignore the macro problems. EA Sports at its finest.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Good. I've been wanting this to happen for a long while.

I just hope gameplay improves -meaning when I face the rockets Rafer doesn't ends up with 40 points while yao and tmac have 10pts combined-
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Good. I've been wanting this to happen for a long while.

I just hope gameplay improves -meaning when I face the rockets Rafer doesn't ends up with 40 points while yao and tmac have 10pts combined-
Yeah I hate when the computers use only the PG and not the star player. Jason williams had 33 points once and Wade had 15 and Shaq 16.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Yeah I hate when the computers use only the PG and not the star player. Jason williams had 33 points once and Wade had 15 and Shaq 16.
Jason Williams once had 48 points against me. Shaq and Wade combined for less than 20.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

i can't wait to see how they rank all these euros that aren't in the league.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So they couldn't even be bothered to make the FIBA court realistic. Not that it matters though, gameplay will most likely suck again.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder what the signature move of Frederic Weis is going to be.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #12
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Why can't 2kSports try to get any licenses? They're so cheap.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

This isn't "adding fluff" It's huge for them selling the game in untapped markets. 2k sports will copy that idea next year for sure.

I'm definitely getting 2k8 cuz its a far superior game but if you lived in france and don't know much about the details of either game but that one has your team and the other doesnt which would you buy
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #14
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I wonder what the signature move of Frederic Weis is going to be.
the limbo
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Why can't 2kSports try to get any licenses? They're so cheap.

Its not their fault their cheap the average game player doesn't appreciate quality and buys Live and Madden every year no matter how much better thier competion from 2ksports is. When you don't have the revenue coming in and already started from a lower standing financially how can they be expected to compete?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: