Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
Bishop
I brick open layups

Default Can Someone Explain Why.....

If we're so high on this Steve Smith kid, why didn't we draft him instead of Edin Bavcic??
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

You can't figure this out for yourself ? Easy. Smith was a local product from a small school, and the word was that he wouldn't get drafted. King knew that if he had a choice that the Philly kid would agree to play for us on our summer league team, and we would get a free look at him, so why draft him ? As where Bobby Jones was very well liked and regarded. In fact he was seriously being looked at by Portland in the early, early 2nd round. So when he got to Minnesota's 2nd round selection, King made the move.

And as for that Euro guy, we didn't draft him, we bought his rights for Cash.
So that's a completely different thing. King knew that unless a late 2nd round team took a flier on Smith, that he would have the first opportunity to get a glance at him because Smith had already told him before hand that he would sign with the 76ers IF he wasn't drafted.

That answer your question ?
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Sixers_rock
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Billy King and Allen IVerson

Do you remember when allen iverson was late for the game well Billy king was mad and he said he would do something about it and he hasnt done anything about it and he said in a interview hes waiting for a trade offer and why wouldnt he just call one of the gms and ask him who they wuld give up allen iverson. i know its not that easy to do but just atleast try. And why is allen so mad about the trade rumors they happen every year and he dont care about them why all of the sudden does he care?
Sixers_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
Bishop
I brick open layups

Baller, I guess the simple answer was just the fact that we didn't actually "Draft" that other guy.. I was ignorant in not even realizing that.. Forgot we just kinda bought him.. And B. Jones is a better player than Smith..

So I got it now, thanks for pointing that out for me..

Sixers_Rock, what did your response have to do with the post?? I'm just wondering..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: