Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Reasons NBA Live Sucks

My 2K7 game is scratched up and wont work so i playerd the last Live game i bought which is Live 06 and it pissed me off. It sucks for these reasons:

- Steve Francis stole a ball 10 feet out of his reach.
- Dwight Howard jumped from the foul line to block a T-Mac dunk
- T-Mac missed a dunk
- Jameer Nelson was raining 3s from 30 feet out
- Dwight Howard jumped from the foul line to grab a board even though T-Mac had perfect position
- Jameer Nelson was scoring on Yao in the post
- Grant Hill grabbed 3 offensive boards while in a crowd of Yao, T-Mac, and Juwan Howard
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Fudge
RNS

Fudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Reasons NBA Live Sucks

Maybe, you just sucked while playing. Kidding.

Yeah, same goes for me, but that was when I actually played Live 06, which was what? 2 years ago? Nothing compared to Live 07, not unless the disc is scratched to the max.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate how unrealistic it is.

every play is a dunk....there are times where you can literally walk through a defender.

Its not a good game.

2k7 is better
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I hate how unrealistic it is.

every play is a dunk....there are times where you can literally walk through a defender.

Its not a good game.

2k7 is better

Yeah i might just go buy another copy of 2K7.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

tmacyaokobe01 has an OK reputation so far

I've never played live but i might stick to 2k now.
tmacyaokobe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

i havent played a good basketball video game in about 10 years.....and last year was the first time i didn't buy an NBA video game since probably Jordan vs Bird.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's just so funny when centers block dunks, i had Yao block Jason Richardson's windmill dunk and the ball just went straight past the mid-court line. Also I hate the fact that point gurad score everything while the should be superstar (I played Rockets vs Cavaliers) gets nothing. The result of the Roc vs Cavs game: 236-118, T-Mac 73 points, Larry Hughes, 72 points. LeBron James, 7 points.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Tony Parker blocked Stromile Swift on a windmill dunk :rollingeyes: nuff said. The game is the worst game I have ever played.

-I scored 120 points with Lebron on pure scorer layups
-had 33 steals with Kobe because he was an out-side stopper
just to name a few the game is horrible

Last edited by Rockets(T-mac) : 08-02-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Easily the most retarded game in the history of ever. Stupid things that happened to me while I was playing it:

- I knocked over Dalembert with Carter and as Carter was on his way up, Carter froze in mid-air and allowed Dalembert to teleport off the floor and block him.
- Players I've jumped over with Lebron: Jason Williams, Rafer Alston, Shawn Marion, Chris Webber, Yao Ming, Eddie Griffin, Jermaine O'Neal.
- Everything is slippery - it's like playing on ice.
- Shaq's legs once went THROUGH THE COURT and into the ground and disappeared.
- Yao Ming blocks people with his arm pits.
- Yao Ming can touch the top of the backboard with his armpits.
- Hardly any crossovers.
- Shooters are useless, doesn't really make a difference.
- Playmaker passes go through players.
- Power dunkers are unstoppable.
- Scorers can score whenever they want.
- Scorer moves are unblockable.
- Shaq can dunk from the FT line.
- Computer's fall on the floor when I do a small crossover.
- Inside scorers have a one-handed hookshot. I did a 3 point hook shot with Dirk Nowitzki from 30 feet.
- Ray Allen attempted a buzzer beater from half court and I "blocked" it with Yao, but the ball went through Yao's hand and went swish from 50 feet.
- Stupid soundtrack.
- Slam Dunk Contest is too easy, and still unrealistic. Around the back pass off the titantron into a cartwheel double through the legs dunk? Please.
- Highflyers do stupid windmills to get intentionally blocked. I was in the middle of a 360 and it turned into a windmill automatically and I got blocked. That's the only way to block a highflyer.
- Chris Webber attempted a windmill out of no where and got blocked even though he's not a high flyer.
- Bruce Bowen is an outside stopper just because he has good defense even though he can't steal for his life.
- Outside stoppers can steal whenever they want.
- Rebounds don't matter if you're a good rebounder - whoever has the strongest magnets on their palms will automatically attract to them. The ball went through Shaq's hand and into Iverson's as he tried to grab a rebound.

Easily the stupidest game in history.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 08-02-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One more defect you haven't mentioned Richie:

When contesting a shot, you MUST wait half a second before contesting the shot, so that the hand is in the player's face. If you jump at the same time as the shooter, then the ball is going to go 'swish'!

And I had 3 blocks with Rafer Alston.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Easily the most retarded game in the history of ever. Stupid things that happened to me while I was playing it:

- I knocked over Dalembert with Carter and as Carter was on his way up, Carter froze in mid-air and allowed Dalembert to teleport off the floor and block him.
- Players I've jumped over with Lebron: Jason Williams, Rafer Alston, Shawn Marion, Chris Webber, Yao Ming, Eddie Griffin, Jermaine O'Neal.
- Hardly any crossovers.
- Shooters are useless, doesn't really make a difference.
- Playmaker passes go through players.
- Power dunkers are unstoppable.
- Scorers can score whenever they want.
- Scorer moves are unblockable.
- Shaq can dunk from the FT line.
- Computer's fall on the floor when I do a small crossover.
- Inside scorers have a one-handed hookshot. I did a 3 point hook shot with Dirk Nowitzki from 30 feet.
- Ray Allen attempted a buzzer beater from half court and I "blocked" it with Yao, but the ball went through Yao's hand and went swish from 50 feet.
- Stupid soundtrack.
- Slam Dunk Contest is too easy, and still unrealistic. Around the back pass off the titantron into a cartwheel double through the legs dunk? Please.
- Highflyers do stupid windmills to get intentionally blocked. I was in the middle of a 360 and it turned into a windmill automatically and I got blocked. That's the only way to block a highflyer.
- Chris Webber attempted a windmill out of no where and got blocked even though he's not a high flyer.
- Bruce Bowen is an outside stopper just because he has good defense even though he can't steal for his life.
- Outside stoppers can steal whenever they want.
- Rebounds don't matter if you're a good rebounder - whoever has the strongest magnets on their palms will automatically attract to them. The ball went through Shaq's hand and into Iverson's as he tried to grab a rebound.

Easily the stupidest game in history.
Not much more you could say.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
One more defect you haven't mentioned Richie:

When contesting a shot, you MUST wait half a second before contesting the shot, so that the hand is in the player's face. If you jump at the same time as the shooter, then the ball is going to go 'swish'!

And I had 3 blocks with Rafer Alston.
Same glitch in 2k7. If you jump at the exact same time as the shooter (Had my hand ON THE BALL as Marbury shot it once in 2k7, should've been a block, but the ball went through Iverson's hand), it will automatically go in.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

tmacyaokobe01 has an OK reputation so far

in NBA 2k6

You could constantly get easy blocks if you didn't change the game sliders.
tmacyaokobe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #14
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Same glitch in 2k7. If you jump at the exact same time as the shooter (Had my hand ON THE BALL as Marbury shot it once in 2k7, should've been a block, but the ball went through Iverson's hand), it will automatically go in.

I once had the most laughable glitch ever: me and my friend were joking around while playing a game on NBA Live 06, and I attemped a halfcourt shot with Yao (a regular J). He jumped, reached the apex and just froze. Just frozen in midair. Nothing I did could get him back down and the ball was still in his hands, so I had to wait for the 24 second shot clock before he came back down.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #15
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

i play 2k7 and you can't act like it doesn't have bugs.

-players just walk out of bounds
-once in a while the ball just pops in the air end ends up on the other side of the court, out n the ballhandler who was attacking the rim
-rebounding is impossible, i box out and the guy just jumps over me to get the rebound
-winning jump balls is impossible, i had tyson chandler jumping with chris duhon and duhon won even though i was smashing square like there was no tomorrow
-i had kobe miss a fast break dunk with nobody near him. it's even worse with bigs who are wide open under the basket.
-once in a while i have a fast break go for a dunk and the guy pulls up for a jumshot or fakes it.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: