Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #16
ittybitty814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
Certainly not the best trade in the history of the NBA. But you are not going to get the best value for a guy who is whining and not playing to his abilities. He was a suck at the end of his Toronto playing days. The only real good thing about the trade is that it freed up some salary cap room sooner than later. Only player (2005 draft pick) left from the trade is Joey Graham.

yea except for we were offering a better deal, which would have saved them 50mil in cap space apparently with some expiring contracts (cant remember which one's, but clearly ppl we would later trade for longer contract bums), but they turned it down for that awful deal. god i was so pissed, i remember i went to finishline the next day wearing a knicks shirt or something and the guy working there joked with me asking if i was gonna by the new vc jersey, i was not pleased with his comment. imagine if we had vc right now, we still wouldnt be good, but maybe a playoff team.
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #17
ittybitty814

Quote:
Originally Posted by houselog442
Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis!
Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis! Frederick Weis!

haha

i think we should put a petition into the mod to see if we can get this put on the illegal words list.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #18
ittybitty814

btw did anyone see the new contract nene signed, 6 years 60mil. nugs are on there way to being worse than us, they got k "out of business" mart for 5 years, now nene or should i say no knee for 6 years, and melo for 5 years. now melo will be good, but those others guys eat up so much cap space that they wont ever be able to add anyone good to help him out, cause as good as nene is i dont think he can stay healthy often enough to deserve that contract.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #19
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty814
yea except for we were offering a better deal, which would have saved them 50mil in cap space apparently with some expiring contracts (cant remember which one's, but clearly ppl we would later trade for longer contract bums), but they turned it down for that awful deal. god i was so pissed, i remember i went to finishline the next day wearing a knicks shirt or something and the guy working there joked with me asking if i was gonna by the new vc jersey, i was not pleased with his comment. imagine if we had vc right now, we still wouldnt be good, but maybe a playoff team.

I don't quite remember if Allan Houston was involved in some rumours. I believe Marbury was mentioned or something involving Kurt Thomas and Mutumbo.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #20
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty814
btw did anyone see the new contract nene signed, 6 years 60mil. nugs are on there way to being worse than us, they got k "out of business" mart for 5 years, now nene or should i say no knee for 6 years, and melo for 5 years. now melo will be good, but those others guys eat up so much cap space that they wont ever be able to add anyone good to help him out, cause as good as nene is i dont think he can stay healthy often enough to deserve that contract.

they got guys with big cntracts for sure but they have players that can win games in melo, camby, miller, possbibly nene, not kmart though...while the knicks just have huge contracts on players who are far from deserving...theres not one player i would want on the knicks other than channing frye...all the others are overpaid ex-superstars...kmart is a very bad situation for nugs and i guess we will have to wait and see about nene but they have a far better situation...they will at least contend for playoffs every year while i dont know when that will happen for the knicks...its just hard for me to grasp the fact that they have the biggest payroll by almost double than any other team and they ended up 2nd to last...thats mind boggling
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #21
zmuda

zmuda has an OK reputation so far

these trades all look different in retrospect . nobody knew nene would take off but everybody knew mcdeyss was never gonna be an all star again.camby got hurt alot but man he was solid and played hard when he was healthy.this was the beginning of a series of dumb**** moves that started with layden and continues with isiah . this is my team man it hurts to see it run by idiots. once thomas is fired after this season for his bad moves catchin up with him dolan will just hire another quick fix knucklehead. dolan is the problem now. he needs to be chased out of town. our only hope now is dumb luck. or nothing suddenly turning into something.
zmuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: