Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #16
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Which Poker Hand wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Speaking of poker, I've had extremly bad luck with the river card these past few weeks. I've been 3 outted and 1 outted a few times and it's just a sick feeling. So sick.

same here. absolutely sucks.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So sick.
The Magician called. He says you should probably never say that again.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:14 AM   #18
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan2
I really need the answer to this one...

The 5 cards on the bottom:

4- Spade
5- Diamond
7-Hearts
8-Clubs
2-hearts

1st hand:

6-hearts
8-spade

2nd hand

3-diamonds
6-clubs

So Straight with a higher kicker? Or a long straight (Does that exist?)
both have a straight....the kicker doesnt play...its the best 5 cards
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #19
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

just in case it wasnt explained 8 times already, that is a chop pot. kicker doesnt play. only the best 5 cards do.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
just in case it wasnt explained 8 times already, that is a chop pot. kicker doesnt play. only the best 5 cards do.

or you could just read the first few posts and see that it was explained.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #21
mmmarvinsays
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mmmarvinsays has no real reputation yet.

it's a tie, the best 5 card hand is the straight which both player have the same
mmmarvinsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

lol if he hasn't got it by now, then there is something seriously wrong with him, but i'm sure he has...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:16 AM   #23
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #24
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Just played poker with some friends who I'd never played with before, and it turned out that most of them (4 out of the 5) were really noob-ish. I think there was a pair and and ace on the board, and me and one of the noobs both had the same pair. So we both had 2 pair with the ace kicker. He had the higher kicker in his hand though, although I knew that didn't matter.

I obviously said split, and began dividing up a pretty damn big pot. They all looked at me oddly and said he had the bigger kicker, so the pot was his. I went over trying to explain to them the concept of a 5-card poker hand so many times, but they just wouldn't listen.

Sounds like your friends are morons. They shouldn't play poker for money if they're that damn stupid and don't know how to play. It's always great when idiots who don't even know how to play poker try to tell you who won the hand. The concept of a 5-card poker hand is a really, really easy concept, so if you don't get that, then you might just want to give up on life. I'd have to say that either your friends are borderline retarded or they got the concept, but they just don't like you.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: