Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #16
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

The Nets have back to back picks so that might make it a little easier to move up.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Or try to, I should say. It's easier said than done with this trading game they play.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #18
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The Nets really aint that far off. If they could get somebody that plays good D like Collins, but only rebounds very well. Like say Reggie Evans or something. And Kristic's shot did disappear vs the Heat, I think that hurt them a lot in that series. They could also use a dead eye shooter
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #19
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
If only this question was that easy to answer. This has what's been ailing the Nets since Jason Kidd arrived. The Nets have always been so close to winning a title. The Nets have two young talents in RJ and Krstic and in a few years they will develop into superstars. The problem is, Jason Kidd is hobbling on one leg and only has one or two more good years out of him.

If the Nets want to win now they have to let go of either Vince or RJ. These past two playoffs have shown that no matter how explosive, no matter how exciting your backcourt is, it won't win you a championship. In my opinion, I would rather give up Vince Carter because of some of his faults. Vince is never a selfish player, but many times has horrible shot selection and he is a very confident player, so he feels like he can get going at any time.

This offseason will be very important for the Nets future. It will show whether they are determined to win now or get younger players through the draft and possibly Vince Carter trades in hopes of bringing an exciting team to Brooklyn.

Simply put, the Nets can't get to the Next level right now. They have to wait for the rest of the East to fall off and hope that when the conference rebuilds the Nets will come out on top.

I never really thought of that but that makes a lot of since for them to do. But I really think if they were to trade RJ or Vince they would Defiently have to trade Vince RJ has a lot mre years in him. and Vince after last year I think coachs got a little bit more respect for him then they have in the past couple years. I would like to see him stay a little longer though jsut because him and Kidd make some Exciting plays. But a ring for Kidd to me is much more important that watching a couple nice plays by Kidd and Carter.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #20
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

If the Nets get a "dead eye shooter," would it really help them that much? Sure it would give them an offensive spark off the bench, but to make a real impact they would have to take playing time away from either Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #21
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

The Nets aren't getting to the next level by trading Vince. Unless you're trading Vince for J.O'Neal or something. Vince is your best shooter, slasher and offensive player. He's 29 to turn 30 but he hasn't played loads of games yet because of the injuries but it will be inetersting to see what Thorn does.

Why didn't he sign Shareef?...That was the biggest mistake ever.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #22
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Shareef didn't pass the Physical test so they didn't wanna take the chance. they were still kinda iffy about Carter then too
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #23
Unregistered

Thumbs down

GET A NEW COACH!!! Lawrence Frank suxx. and a pf/c. Jermaine oneal would be nice.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #24
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Options

1. Explore trading Carter.... but only if it can Net (ha) them an elite big man such as KG, JO.

2. Spend the MLE wisely on a qaulity PF. Nene, Wilcox and Gooden come to mind, but may be out of reach... they may have to settle for someone like Ely, L. Wright.

If the can't get a qaulity big, look to spend the MLE on a shooter and some depth at the 2/3. F. Jones, M. Harpring.

3. Try to trade your spare parts and expirers for a contributer.

Expirerers

McInnis - was a starting PG in Cleveland and elsewhere
Padgett - has been a nice role player over the years
Cliffy - Still adds solid defense and veteran leadership
Plananic - sucks I admit

Others

Nochbar - only 2 more seaons on contract. Could be a nice filler
Wright - Just missed being a lotto pick. Good size and defense, may be needed to sweeten the pot on a deal.
Illic - Could be the next Krstic, or just a lot of hype.. again may be needed to make a good deal happen.

Other than a 40 y/o Cliffy, none of those players significantly contributed last season.

May have to target a disgruntled or overpaid player in a bad situation.
B.Simmons, Magette, Hassel, Jaric, M.Daniels, D.Miles, S.Swift

4. Draft a back-up PG and possibly long term replacement for Kidd. This draft seems to be deep at PG this year. Douby would be a nice option. Local kid, can shoot and fullfill a scorers role of the bench. However defense is essential, especially a Wade stopper. In this case Rondo could work too.

With their second pick hope Hilton Armstrong falls to you, or Shawne Williams.

5. With LLE, sign some more depth upfront. Illic may not be over next season, may not be ready if he is, or may need to be packaged in trade. Jarron Collins is a FA. 6 more fouls, solid D, and a decent 3rd string center

My Realistic 2006-2007 NJ Nets

Draft: Douby, Armstrong
MLE: Ely
LLE: Collins
Trade: McInnis, Padgett, Cliffy, Plananic + (Future #1 or Illic)* for D.Miles and Dixon
*If necessary

PG: Kidd / Douby / Vaughn
SG: Carter / Wright / Dixon
SF: Jefferson / D.Miles / Nochbar
PF: Ely / Armstrong
C : Krstic / Collins / Collins

My Pipe Dream Team

Draft: Douby, Shawne Williams
LLE: JrCollins
Trade: McInnis, Wright, Nochbar Padgett, Cliffy, Illic for Boozer, D.Brown

MLE: With the big contract of Boozer the Net's probably would not look to spend their money with the whole MLE. They do need depth upfront, even though Shawne Williams would give them an atheltic look at the 4, and Murray spot minutes. L. Wrigt may be an affordable option.

PG: Kidd / Douby / Vaughn
SG: Carter / D.Brown / Plananic
SF: Jefferson / ShwWilliams / Murray
PF: Boozer / LWright
C : Krstic / Collins / Collins
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:42 AM   #25
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Sign Jay Williams

Draft James White/Shawne Williams (one)

Get back KMart

Sign Reggie Evans or Aaron Williams back

NBA Title
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #26
bballguru
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bballguru has an OK reputation so far

for the nets to advance to the finals, one thing MUST be done,
THe nets have easily the worst player in the league in Jason Collins, not to mention he is a starter!!
Jason Collins is indeed the most inefficient player to ever step foot on Nba grounds....
look at his numbers, he averages nearly 30 miinutes per game, shoots 39% from the field 50 % from the ft line, 3 pts 4 reb 1 assist 1 TO and 4 fouls per game!!!!!
guys who play 5-10 minutes average much better than that,
my point is that, if the nets wish to win the ship one day, they MUST and i repeat MUST either unload Jason Collins and send him to the Z-League, or pick up a quality big man in the offseason.
I hope Rod Thorn, Ed Stefanski, or Lawrence Frank read this b/c theyre not going anywhere until the advice above is taken
bballguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #27
Klepto

Klepto has an OK reputation so far
Default bballguru is a moron

Jason Collins is bad,...... no way is he the worst in the league. Fool

Last edited by Klepto : 06-07-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Klepto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #28
bballguru

bballguru has an OK reputation so far

besides drawing one or two offensive fouls per game, how else is collins efficient, and name one other player who produces less than collins?? there is no correct answer to that question
bballguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #29
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re:

Quote:
And Kristic's shot did disappear vs the Heat,

very true. Krstic vanished in that series.

if he had been on and made the looks given to him at a reasonable clip... wow....

anyway.... DAvid Stern should send the Nets a gift basket. because had the NEts advanced, he would have had a horrible ratings nightmare for the Finals because he hates the Nets in the Finals
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: