Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #16
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm surprise at this from NO/OkC's perspective. I thought Snyder little breakthrough last year was a big part of the reason they soured on JR Smith, and decided to move him to Chicago.
I liked Snyder coming out of the draft, but he looked like a bad fit in SLC. Now he's being traded for the second time in two years. And for a second rouder and cash! Seems like a deal for Houston.

(Sorry bout that)

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 07-14-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #17
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

This helps us (Rockets) the most by allowing us to use the MLE for a back up big, now. Snyder may not be great, but he's a decent enough back up for the 2/3 slot. Now we throw the 5.somethin million at some of the bigs, and we're set.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #18
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Athletic and young. Will provide the same results as Wesley. It'll be as if he never left. Then again he might dunk to draw attention to people so eh I'll give him that. Only attention David creates is when he is racing on highways.

Same joke,different structure. Stop using that joke.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #19
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Kirk is obviously a better option and player than Wesley, quit being a retard.

Quote:
Charlotte's

Agggggggggh....NO/OKC.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #20
SaveThePigs
I airball my layups

SaveThePigs has an OK reputation so far

First of all, to GOBB. You don't know how desperate Rockets fans are for the front office to something. Snyder might not be great, but it's awesome to finally see we are making some youth movement.

Second, for whoever posted throw MLE at a back up big. If the Rockets dare do that, I think I'll go crazy.
SaveThePigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #21
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Teams just love to get rid of Kirk Snyder, for some reason. This is the second year in a row his team basically tossed him in the garbage.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #22
goldgrill4me
Banned

goldgrill4me has an OK reputation so far

snyder for basically nothing. how can you hate this deal? his numbers werent bad for the minutes he played and he shot 35% from 3.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Notice how no one else is agreeing with you? You're the one who's supposed to be proving something, but instead you try to rile people up with pictures? I think your negative rep was well earned if this is the best you can do.

Notice most of the posters in here are Rockets fans? Couple isolated you know whats? I dont have to prove anything because you cant prove nothing yourself. Kirk didnt do much with his time in N.O, he's athletic and has size but is a streaky shooter. David Wesley did nothing but provide perimeter offense and for Houston he failed there. You pick up a younger, more athletic, taller player who does a similar thing. Streaky shooter. He's never showed anything consistent in his career. You gotta question and ask yourself why N.O can give up JR Smith and Kirk Snyder and not look back.

Maybe I should have replied GREAT MOVE with no basis and you give me a positive rep for such a wonderful reply because you simply agree. With what? No one knows besides he is taller, younger and athletic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Teams just love to get rid of Kirk Snyder, for some reason. This is the second year in a row his team basically tossed him in the garbage.

Do you know why?

Quote:
snyder for basically nothing. how can you hate this deal? his numbers werent bad for the minutes he played and he shot 35% from 3.

Hardly hate, just not a great move as some seem to suggest. Wesley moved on and then Houston trades for Kirk. The wishful thinkers think he will bring something to Houston that David didnt. Youth, athlete. Yeah, but i wanna talk production. Wont be any different. Agree to disagree...but the mafia in here trying to twist my arm into agreeing.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #25
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveThePigs
http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4047298.html

Summary
-cash considerations to Hornets
-2nd round draft pick to Hornets

-Rockets acquire Snyder

Actually, we didn't really give up are 2nd round pick, but they get the higher 2nd round pick out of the our pick and their pick. So it was basically cash for Kirk because there is no way Houston ends up with a worst record than NO unless its a another injury filled season.

If Kirk can do more plays like the dunk over von wafer last season, then he'll easily fit Stro's former position as the "Highlight" role. Don't know what dunk i'm talking about? Check it here http://youtube.com/watch?v=tETS9GAqu...=kirk%20snyder
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Salmons

Some implies more then one. Salmons wasnt lost he was traded. Thats what happens when you draft a player that plays the same position as him. Hence Rodney Carney.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #27
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Do you know why?

No f'n idea. I'm just pointing out the pattern--two years in a row, his team trades him for 20 cents on the dollar. Kind of suspicious, don't you think?
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #28
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Since when have the Hornets showed they had competent management? Like saying Boris Diaw sucks because the Hawks traded him...stupid. And Jerry Sloan will get rid of anyone he doesn't like for whatever stupid reason, and hasn't had much success doing it lately. Snyder's already showed he's a better player than Wesley, he's more athletic, has time to improve. May be a worse shooter from outside but he's a much more efficient scorer...Wesley had days where he'd go 1-9, 2-8...guarantee Snyder had fewer bad shooting nights. As far him not showing any consistency, it's only his second year in the league and he showed improvement. And he doesn't have to start like Wesley did, because we have Battier.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #29
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
If Kirk can do more plays like the dunk over von wafer last season, then he'll easily fit Stro's former position as the "Highlight" role. Don't know what dunk i'm talking about? Check it here http://youtube.com/watch?v=tETS9GAqu...=kirk%20snyder

I have a feeling Wesley won't be doing that for the Cavs.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Since when have the Hornets showed they had competent management? Like saying Boris Diaw sucks because the Hawks traded him...stupid. And Jerry Sloan will get rid of anyone he doesn't like for whatever stupid reason, and hasn't had much success doing it lately. Snyder's already showed he's a better player than Wesley, he's more athletic, has time to improve. May be a worse shooter from outside but he's a much more efficient scorer...Wesley had days where he'd go 1-9, 2-8...guarantee Snyder had fewer bad shooting nights. As far him not showing any consistency, it's only his second year in the league and he showed improvement. And he doesn't have to start like Wesley did, because we have Battier.

Ok.

On a different note what is the frontcourt in Houston lookin like nowadays?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: