Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #31
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveThePigs
Second, for whoever posted throw MLE at a back up big. If the Rockets dare do that, I think I'll go crazy.

Name a single above-average big that's left.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
At least Wesley can shoot. Snyder is a slasher. He can't shoot period
35% from three in both of his years in the league so far = can't shoot?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #33
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Snyder for practically nothing = GREAT pickup for the Rockets. Gives them some size and athleticism at the two.

Now the Rockets need to nab Lorenzen Wright or Reggie Evans.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #34
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Eh...
Yao/Deke
Howard/Hayes/Novak
Battier (or T-Mac)/Bowen

Looks we're going to have to start Howard again which really sucks. I'd love to have Kelvin Cato back even though he showed nothing in Orlando or Detroit.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #35
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ok.

On a different note what is the frontcourt in Houston lookin like nowadays?

Yao Ming, Yao Ming, Yao Ming. It don't matter who's on their with him, Yao Ming alone makes our front court better than most of the NBA teams. Can't nobody even guard Yao unless you put a mininmum of 4 players on him.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #36
SaveThePigs
I airball my layups

SaveThePigs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Name a single above-average big that's left.

No one. That's why I will go crazy.

I'll kick everything in my way.

GOBB, I don't even know what to say to you. Your mindset is, Snyder = Wesley, therefore we aren't much improved at all. Whatever though.
SaveThePigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Eh...
Yao/Deke
Howard/Hayes/Novak
Battier (or T-Mac)/Bowen

Looks we're going to have to start Howard again which really sucks. I'd love to have Kelvin Cato back even though he showed nothing in Orlando or Detroit.

Yeah getting Cato back there would be nice. Liked that duo/connection. I like Novak. Man that starting 4 spot needs some fixin. Not a big fan on Howard starting at all.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveThePigs
No one. That's why I will go crazy.

I'll kick everything in my way.

GOBB, I don't even know what to say to you. Your mindset is, Snyder = Wesley, therefore we aren't much improved at all. Whatever though.

No you're misreading what is said. I said the production Wesley brought the Rockets last season will mirror what Kirk brings. Didnt mean they were the same player or thats Kirk's NBA comparison. But I could be wrong which isnt a big deal. Ehhh I'm in support of Luther Head and him not being affected by this arrival. But we'll see what happens. Its not a move to complain/argue about really.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Who's the next sixers pg? Don't talk Gobb

If AI isnt traded does it matter? As of today I believe Kevin Ollie is, and Willie Green has run PG before. So I'm lost on why you asked that. Sure Sixers could use a better backup PG then Ollie but its not an area of desperate need or a need that has to be fullfilled. AI logs over 40mpg.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #40
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Well you have to keep in mind, even if Snyder disappoints and isn't better than Wesley, we're not starting him.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #41
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If AI isnt traded does it matter? As of today I believe Kevin Ollie is, and Willie Green has run PG before. So I'm lost on why you asked that. Sure Sixers could use a better backup PG then Ollie but its not an area of desperate need or a need that has to be fullfilled. AI logs over 40mpg.

AI is most likely traded and I woudn't like Green and Ollie sharing 48 mins of pg time.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
AI is most likely traded and I woudn't like Green and Ollie sharing 48 mins of pg time.

If AI is traded a PG is coming back in return. Willie and Kevin wont be doing that duty if the best p4p player in the NBA is dealt.

Think.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #43
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
I don't know if we can say that. All reports indicate that a bunch of teams are interested, but none of them can come up with the type of package that can get King to pull the trigger. I think that, if it were a sure thing, it'd have happened by now. I don't think it's a sure thing.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #44
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
35% from three in both of his years in the league so far = can't shoot?

In this years summerleague he(snyder) went 9-35 FG 0-8 3PT This what he managed in 88 minutes of action. The only decent stat for him is 23-32 FT.

This is against inferior competition mind you
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
In this years summerleague he(snyder) went 9-35 FG 0-8 3PT This what he managed in 88 minutes of action. The only decent stat for him is 23-32 FT.

This is against inferior competition mind you

-"Summer league? Summer league? Are you ****ing kidding me! You're getting hype over summer league. What a joke!"

-"Summer league dawg? We're talkin bout summer league. Summer league. What are we talkin bout..."

-"Summer league! You believe that **** AI? R u kidding me!"

-"We're not talkin bout the game.

-"Nope!"

-"We're not talkin bout playoffs.

-"Playoffs? Dont get me started mother****er! Playoffs? Pffft

-"We're talkin bout summer league. Summer league. What are we talkin bout again?"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: