Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 07-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What should Darko Milicic do?

Now that Lebron James has chosen only a 3 year deal, and others in class of 2003, such as Wade, Bosh and Melo are contemplating their options....

Should Darko Milicic sign for just the 3 years, $60 million also, or should he just sign a standard Max Contract for 5 years and be done with it? Decisions, decisions....

PLEASE NOTE: FOR THE HUMOR IMPAIRED, THIS POST HAS A SARCASTIC OVERTONE TO IT. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE ABOVE POST SERIOUSLY AS A TRUE MEASURE OF DARKO MILICIC'S VALUE IN THE NBA. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LAUGHT AT ANYTIME.

Last edited by bagelred : 07-14-2006 at 04:14 PM.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'd sign the 3 year and then sign again when the new CBA is in place.

Edit: I didn't notice the sarcasm, I just thought you meant hypothetically.

Last edited by Chamberlain : 07-14-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he should frost his hair again

it kind of looked like the ash at the end of the human victory cigar
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Does he deserve a max contract? He has done nothing close to what Lebron, Carmelo, and Wade have done. I sure wouldn't break the bank for him, although I would try to extend his contract if I were the Magic, because you never can tell what will happen.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
TheBigAristotle1

I'd go after a more traditional powerforward. Darko seems like a center to me, and so does Dwight.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Does he deserve a max contract? He has done nothing close to what Lebron, Carmelo, and Wade have done. I sure wouldn't break the bank for him, although I would try to extend his contract if I were the Magic, because you never can tell what will happen.

I guess you don't appreciate the art of sarcasm....
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Should Darko Milicic sign for just the 3 years, $60 million also, or should he just sign a standard Max Contract for 5 years and be done with it? Decisions, decisions....

Darko... a max contract...

I'll give you that he's shown some promise last year but giving him a max contract is foolish. But since I don't like Orlando, I hope they give it to him.

Quote:
I guess you don't appreciate the art of sarcasm....
Maybe if you post even a tiny hint of sarcasm, people would pick up on it. The post reads serious all the way through.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Maybe if you post even a tiny hint of sarcasm, people would pick up on it. The post reads serious all the way through.

Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
TheBigAristotle1

If you haven't been following the NBA Darko is now a pretty solid player, so unfortunatly when you look at the deals big men are getting you never know if some retarded team will throw a max contract at him.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #11
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'll give you that he's shown some promise last year but giving him a max contract is foolish. But since I don't like Orlando, I hope they give it to him.

Aahahahah, yeah but as soon as i read a tiny bit into the first pararaph i knew it was a dunb joke, i thought it was obvious personally.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #12
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

How can people call Darko a bust when the man until last season with Orlando never played more then 7 MPG...
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Seriously, though, Darko should sign the qualifying offer in 2007/8 and go into unrestricted free agency after that. The QO for a #2 overall pick is insane, something like $7 million.

My guess is, it will take Sam Dalembert money for the Magic to keep Darko around. Maybe more than that.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #14
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Seriously, though, Darko should sign the qualifying offer in 2007/8 and go into unrestricted free agency after that. The QO for a #2 overall pick is insane, something like $7 million.

My guess is, it will take Sam Dalembert money for the Magic to keep Darko around. Maybe more than that.

they should try to sign him longterm but relatively cheap (compared to what he could make if he blew up which i think he will)
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #15
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamKnight
they should try to sign him longterm but relatively cheap (compared to what he could make if he blew up which i think he will)
Too late for that already, I think. You don't have to show much when you're 7'1" and that young--the last half of last season should have been enough.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: