Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
kangaroostew
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kangaroostew has an OK reputation so far
Default Rafer Rap

Rafer, what were you thinking? 2:45am on the SE side? Drunk? Fighting?
Skip-to-my-lou is booked, too! They told KG it did not matter where he played because he never left the house. He said it was true & decided Boston would be OK.
Did you think nobody would want a piece of you? Bad idea!
kangaroostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:01 AM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Rafer Rap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroostew
Rafer, what were you thinking? 2:45am on the SE side? Drunk? Fighting?
Skip-to-my-lou is booked, too! They told KG it did not matter where he played because he never left the house. He said it was true & decided Boston would be OK.
Did you think nobody would want a piece of you? Bad idea!

that was just stupid, well our hopes for him getting traded is over with i guess.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #3
ebonics
Lord give me a sign

ebonics has not been impressing people

Rafer says the opposite.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Rockets' Alston Denies Wrongdoing

HOUSTON -- Houston Rockets guard Rafer Alston was arrested early Sunday morning in downtown Houston on charges of assault and public intoxication, police said.

Alston allegedly grabbed a parking attendant's arm, shook him and then spit on him after Alston's vehicle had been towed from a lot on the corner of Fannin at Prairie at 1:45 a.m. on Sunday.

Alston denies all of that.

"Didn't do either. Never did nothing to the guy. We got into a shouting match. My car was towed and I was basically asking the parking attendant where he had my car towed to. He blew me off once or twice and we got into a shouting match. There were no hits, nothing transpired. The guy runs off and yells down the street, like, he needed an officer over here. Before you know it, the officer puts me in cuffs and takes me downtown," Alston told FOX 26 Sports.

The attendant, who has filed charges, said Alston parked illegally and did not pay.

Alston says that is not accurate. He said he parked his car, waited 10 to 15 minutes but no one came so he went across the street. When he returned, his car was towed.

Alston was stunned when he got arrested.

"I asked the guy what was I being charged with and he said public intoxication and assaulting someone, and I said, 'I am neither of those,'" Alston said.

Alston feels the police involved in his arrest treated him unfairly.

"Very much so. I didn't do anything. I've never had this happen to me. I've never been in a situation like this ever in my life. I'm not saying I am an angel. I've never been in trouble. Yes, I have been in trouble before, but I've never had this situation happen to me," Alston said.

Alston says while he was in jail overnight he was never fingerprinted and wasn't even told when his court date is.

"It's an unfortunate situation that I am saddened to be in. It's very uncomfortable," Alston said.

Alston is deeply bothered at the news coverage this incident has received.

"I am bothered. I've barely even eaten anything today. I am disturbed. I've always been a good person, a good citizen, a good teammate and now you have this and all it takes is for somebody to think you are a bad person and I am truly not," Alston said.

Dan Fagan, Alston's agent, told FOX 26 Sports, "Although Rafer regrets what happened and apologizes to his fans, teammates and (the Rockets) organization for any distraction, the accounts of what happened are widely exaggerated by individuals that stand to profit and we are confident that when the full story is reported, Rafer will be vindicated from any wrongdoing."

The 6-foot-2 player out of Fresno State joined the NBA during the 1999-2000 season with Milwaukee. Alston signed with the Rockets in 2004 and averaged 13.3 points last season.

Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey said Monday morning following Alston's arrest that he was aware of the situation.

"While we do not have all the facts yet, it is nevertheless very disappointing to have one of our players involved with any police activity. We will continue working with the authorities in order to get to the bottom of the situation."

Both charges against Alston are misdemeanors, said Victor Senties, a Houston police spokesman.
ebonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 AM   #4
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Assuming he drives a Lexus or better, he should of valet park his car.

I cant even tell you how many bad drivers there are in downtown Houston park lots after midnight, not to mention the drunk pedestrians who might just want to key up your car.

Hopefully Rafer can clear up his name so he would be of trade value. I wonder who is lawyer is? Hey Skip call Dick DeGurin, just kidding.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #5
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Trade Value = 0

I am lurking and uninvited - I am a Toronto guy and homer for the Raptors. No offerse meant.

This guy denied any issues with Sam Mitchell after fisticuffs.

Bottom line is "buy out" and go another way. You have enough guard talent and can do without the distraction.

I cant even remember his contract (it was so bad). BC days (before Collangello).

2 years left at 5.5 mill a year? 80% is 8MM. Pay it - be done!

Cheers
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

i would be VERY surprised if he was still at Houston for 07-08, even if he does, he probably wouldn't get a whole lot of playing time.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: