Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #16
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

I don't think he is.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't care to order them, but here are the guys I think are for sure better than Iverson:

Garnett
James
Nowitzki
Bryant
Wade
Nash
Duncan

That's seven guys I'd put there for sure. Then there's a small handful of others in the "not for sure" category. The argument is good enough that he's one of the 12-14 guys who can be called "top ten" even though there are only ten slots.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #18
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

I have seven clearly before him... I'd probably put him at 9 or 10.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #19
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Iverson is anywhere from #8-15.

not too many guys in the world can drop 44 pts and 15 assists on 72% shooting (and only 1 turnover) in an NBA game.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #20
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think after the top 6 everybody else is bundled up up to maybe 12-13 and the list can be altered any given day or certainly week.

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
These are the 2 that actually earned their spots as the best.

Generally I think most of the next group can be bundled up to, but these guys have either won something or are just media darlings or media darlings because they've won something. Or if you're a conspiracy theorists, won something because they're media darlings :wink: :wink:. But that hype won't let them drop much in the general public.

Lebron/Wade/Nash/Dirk

Then there's Melo/Tmac/AI/Yao/Kidd/Arenas/Pierce and pretty much I'd personally take it in that order

Now back to those darlings. I don't think Nash is a top 10 individual talent in the league. I think he's a great player, and happens to be on an amazingly talented team with a system befitting to him. However, given he's winning in a situation where pretty much any good pg would win in, and was handed MVPs, then he has to be that high. Dirk? he has his ups and downs and I believe his great team helps put him up a few spots too. Lebron and Wade, great talents, but again can be arguably grouped with the guys I have at the 8-9 area. But their hype is gonna keep them top 5.

But as for AI, I think he's top 10, if not top 10 then definately in the discussion and will obviously get some votes to be there, so pretty much he's in as no group of people will agree on a top 10
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #21
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
at ray allen being placed among those players. gtfo.

Didnt you see the

---------------------------
Ray Allen ????????

I put Ray under these players...Notice all the space that is left before I put Ray Allen....That must mean others players were considered but not named...Duh................:rollingeyes: Their should be an age limit on ish because little 14 year old posters have no clue
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #22
Fudge
Banned

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

He's on the same henge as McGrady, Yao, Arenas, etc. Though, if you're listing as how they currently stand, it's arguable. Career-wise, no doubt.

Eh, I don't know. Probably after McGrady or somewhere around there.. Something like this maybe?
1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. LeBron
4. Wade
5. Garnett
6. Nash
7. Dirk
8. McGrady
9. Iverson
10. Melo
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #23
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

tmacyaokobe01 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
He's on the same henge as McGrady, Yao, Arenas, etc. Though, if you're listing as how they currently stand, it's arguable. Career-wise, no doubt.

Eh, I don't know. Probably after McGrady or somewhere around there.. Something like this maybe?
1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. LeBron
4. Wade
5. Garnett
6. Nash
7. Dirk
8. McGrady
9. Iverson
10. Melo
LOL at you not putting Yao on your list.

I wonder why.

Here is my top 10

1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Wade
4. KG
5. Nash
6. Dirk
7. LeBron
8. Yao
9. T-Mac
10. VC/Bosh/Arenas
tmacyaokobe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
Fudge
Banned

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacyaokobe01
LOL at you not putting Yao on your list.

I wonder why.

Here is my top 10

1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Wade
4. KG
5. Nash
6. Dirk
7. LeBron
8. Yao
9. T-Mac
10. VC/Bosh/Arenas
And? Again, personal opinion, doofus. I have nothing against Yao, you idiot. Just because I mentioned the word asian in the stupid thread you've made? Pff, get real.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #25
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

nah you hate yao.

i'm not asian myself but you thought i was asian and you insulted me with a racist joke.

if you insult a black player because he was black as well then your probably not a racist your probably just an idiot.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #26
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

yes, iverson is.
i am actually surprised a lot of you have him in your top 10.
I clicked into the thread thinking, oh shi, here we go again, people be putting him at #15 and stuff.
But this thread actually turned out great, cheers
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #27
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
at ray allen being placed among those players. gtfo.

Lol... ouch.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #28
Fudge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacyaokobe01
nah you hate yao.

i'm not asian myself but you thought i was asian and you insulted me with a racist joke.

if you insult a black player because he was black as well then your probably not a racist your probably just an idiot.
That wasn't an insult. Observing by the way you act, type, and just the plain old knowledge (not going for everybody that is asian) you possess, it just came to me that you are. If not, then my mistake.

Again, false assumptions. I don't hate Yao. I don't hate asians.

By your pathetic logic, if I claimed that I hate a person named Tracy, let's say I know him personally and I exposed it to the whole world, does that spread out the hate to every person named Tracy in the world? Dumbass.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #29
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
That wasn't an insult. Observing by the way you act, type, and just the plain old knowledge (not going for everybody that is asian) you possess, it just came to me that you are. If not, then my mistake.

Again, false assumptions. I don't hate Yao. I don't hate asians.

By your pathetic logic, if I claimed that I hate a person named Tracy, let's say I know him personally and I exposed it to the whole world, does that spread out the hate to every person named Tracy in the world? Dumbass.
again with your personal attacks

How are you a mod honestly?
Its so laughable.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #30
Fudge
Banned

What does me being a MOD have to do with this? And how is it related to being knowledgeable or not? A mod is a simple duty, taking care of the forum your designed to be taking care of. Delete spam, post the latest news, etc. But, probably by your estimate (since im assuming you want to be one sooo bad.. ) you have to claim it has something to do with basketball knowledge? Well, no. Idiot. Now, that's "laughable".
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: