Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #61
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

tmacyaokobe01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Nash
5. Garnett
6. Boozer
7. Yao
8. Dirk
9. Wade
10. Melo

I'm surprised that Boozer doesn't really get a mention in most of these top10 lists. The guy was in the running for MVP last year, can shoot with either hand, gives you 23/12/3, and (along with Deron) helped bring the Jazz to the Western Semis.
Deron should get more credit then Boozer.
tmacyaokobe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #62
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Nash
5. Garnett
6. Boozer
7. Yao
8. Dirk
9. Wade
10. Melo

I'm surprised that Boozer doesn't really get a mention in most of these top10 lists. The guy was in the running for MVP last year, can shoot with either hand, gives you 23/12/3, and (along with Deron) helped bring the Jazz to the Western Semis.

I kind of like this list, though mine would have Paul Pierce in it instead of Melo, and Booxer further down. AI's defensive inabilities, along with his extremely low FG% make it hard for me to put him on the list.

MINE:

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Nash
5. Garnett
6. Dirk
7. Wade
8. Yao
9. Pierce
10. Boozer
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #63
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Underdog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacyaokobe01
Deron should get more credit then Boozer.

I agree he should get half of the credit for the Jazz's success. The two need each other, just like...two former Jazz players, umm, Stockton/Malone. And just like those two, Malone ended up getting the MVP notoriety. But, I'm not taking anything away from Stockton and Deron, I just think as history has shown (with the exception of Nash) that the league usually credits the interior player with MVP awards.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #64
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

LOL at Pierce, Boozer and Deron Williams getting potential top 10 credit. What have those guys done that's so phenomonal? Essentially, I would see Melo, McGrady, Arenas getting the credit.

Eh, but that cracked me up.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #65
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
LOL at Pierce, Boozer and Deron Williams getting potential top 10 credit. What have those guys done that's so phenomonal? Essentially, I would see Melo, McGrady, Arenas getting the credit.

What exactly do you find phenomenal in Melo, McGrady, and Arenas?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #66
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i dont think he is...anymore. few years ago, yeah, but even though his stats dont show him getting much worse, all those years of doing what he has takes its toll. that and alongwith the rising of other superstars who can do more than he can.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #67
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:

I'm not going to get started on the PP/T-Mac debate.. but give me PP any day of the week. T-Mac and his sore back can stay off my team, assuming I want to get past the 1st round.

Boozer whored Yao on the offensive end last year and finally showed what he is capable of doing when healthy on the Jazz.. nice numbers and the WCF.

Arenas, Melo? There's more the game of basketball than taking shots.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #68
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

Quote:
He is the best Center in the league dumbass.

Well fudge said it... so i guess its now a fact.

Quote:
Yeah, nice nick you handed to him. Plus, did you not watch the series or what? Quit stockpiling the blame on Yao, it wasn't him. He did what he could, he did whatever was possible. 25 and 10 isn't enough for your ass? What is it then? Share.

Yes I did see the series, and he did nothing. dont let the stats fool you.

Quote:
He's 7'5". What else can the man do? Expect him to do a windmill for your own personal pleasure? He did what he did.

I didnt ask for a windmill, I asked for some defense and rebounds when they count.

Quote:
After reading this, no way in hell I can take you ****ing seriously.

With a name like Fudge, no way i can take you seriously. Infact Upgrade your name from fudge to DOODOO.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #69
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Quote:
What exactly do you find phenomenal in Melo, McGrady, and Arenas?
Why exactly are you trying to debate about Arenas which in fact you have a Arenas avatar?

Anyway, based on individual talents/accomplishments, i'll take Melo over Pierce anyday. Much bigger, stronger version of Pierce, and take into account that he's 22(?) years old. He's only gonna get better. He showed he can lead his, not to mention the league in scoring. He could get to the rim easily if he seizes up his defender though he does take wild shots some of the time. His effiency should me a issue.

As for McGrady, scoring titles should single-handedly get him in.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #70
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
Well fudge said it... so i guess its now a fact.
Ha. Wow.

Create a thread right now and ask everybody who the best Center is right now. I'd love to see that.

Quote:
I didnt ask for a windmill, I asked for some defense and rebounds when they count.
Yeah, of course. Dying seconds into the game, you're slow as heck, and you're trying to outrebound one of the quickest Power Forwards in the league. What's the chance of doing so? Slim.

Quote:
With a name like Fudge, no way i can take you seriously. Infact Upgrade your name from fudge to DOODOO.
Fudge? Much, much more creative than your oh so wonderful first name and a random number as your username. Where do you get 3000 from?

How much potential fathers you have?

That was a good one huh? Oh I love myself. *pats myself on the back

Last edited by Fudge : 08-07-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #71
Rocketz_Foreva
I airball my layups

Rocketz_Foreva has an OK reputation so far

iverson is the greatest playaaaaaaaaaaa he needz to come to the rocketz
Rocketz_Foreva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #72
Underdog

Quote:
Why exactly are you trying to debate about Arenas which in fact you have a Arenas avatar?

Anyway, based on individual talents/accomplishments, i'll take Melo over Pierce anyday. Much bigger, stronger version of Pierce, and take into account that he's 22(?) years old. He's only gonna get better. He showed he can lead his, not to mention the league in scoring. He could get to the rim easily if he seizes up his defender though he does take wild shots some of the time. His effiency should me a issue.

As for McGrady, scoring titles should single-handedly get him in.

First, I never rated Pierce in my list.

Second, I'm not dumping on Melo, Arenas, or McGrady...what I asked was what exactly do you find phenomenal about them? I find that Boozer shooting with both his left and right hand effectively is pretty impressive. Phenomenal? I'd say the only player worthy of the label currently would be Kobe.

But I'm not gonna argue with you Fudge. You don't seem smart enough for a rational debate.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #73
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Nash
5. Garnett
6. Boozer
7. Yao
8. Dirk
9. Wade
10. Melo

Boozer isn't top 10. But atleast if you wanna sneak him in put him around 9 or 10, not over last year's MVP.
Both he and Yao for that matter are too high
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #74
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here is my rankings...

Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Wade/Bron (sorry its a tie)
Steve Nash (just gotta give him props as weird as it looks in the top 10)
Dirk Nowitzski
Yao Ming

Thats 8. The 9th and 10th spots? Elton Brand, Tmac, Amare Stoudamire, Paul Pierce, Tracy Mcgrady, Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas, Carmelo Anthony.

I'm like most people...gets fuzy as you get to 10. With Nash the MVPs, the statistical production, the overall success (regardless of never reaching the NBA finals) is hard to tear down in place of someone from that list I made. Can you argue Carmelo Anthony over Dirk? I dunno. Maybe you can. Yao Ming is the best Center and has made great strides to improve. Still room but his career is far from over. And if you understand/acknowledge his limitations and not put toooooo much into them (he wont be a 13rb per game guy, ever!) then you can see him in your top 10 undisputed. Ranking? Argument sake.

What the final 2 spots come down to is criteria. One might say AI has accomplished a lot, won MVP and the last 2-3 seasons has been producing almost as better if not better than he did the year he won MVP. That could be true. Someone could look at Tmac's potential...his size, his skill set, the things he did when Yao was out (produced like Kobe did basically across the board). Carmelo? Leagues best scorer and closed the gap between him and Bron/Wade. Amare? After injury, dominant young big. Elton? Versatile big man. You see where this is headed.

Hard to say for me because you're gonna leave someone off the top 10 list. And from 11-15 people tend to put a different value, different look on those. When in all actuality you just got 15 damn good NBA players where you can get to a point where arguing rankings is possible due to the criteria you establish. I'm not mad if one thinks PP is better than AI. Or PP is better than Carmelo, as good as Dirk and not far off of Bron...thus he has to be ranked high. And team success isnt there much like it isnt for KG...but when you look at who they were surrounded by...how can one achieve more wins than losses? Only dominant big man can have that kind of impact. Eh

I love AI but its tough to rank him. Playing with Carmelo doesnt help who too is a top 10 candidate.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #75
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Quote:
First, I never rated Pierce in my list.
I never said you did specifically. shtoopid.

Quote:
Second, I'm not dumping on Melo, Arenas, or McGrady...what I asked was what exactly do you find phenomenal about them? I find that Boozer shooting with both his left and right hand effectively is pretty impressive. Phenomenal? I'd say the only player worthy of the label currently would be Kobe.
So that wraps up your case on Boozer being a top-ten worthy player? Think, kiddo.

Quote:
But I'm not gonna argue with you Fudge. You don't seem smart enough for a rational debate.
Smart enough? Am I the one who included Boozer in the top 10? Especially before Dirko? Just from his impressive series with the Rockets in the playoffs? That alone pretty much wraps up his accomplishments. Regardless, he hasn't done nothing individually to be included.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: