Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #76
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Underdog has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Boozer isn't top 10. But atleast if you wanna sneak him in put him around 9 or 10, not over last year's MVP.
Both he and Yao for that matter are too high

I wanted to give more love for Dirk, but after his meltdown in the first round, I just couldn't place him above Boozer. Maybe Yao
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #77
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Underdog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
I never said you did specifically. shtoopid.

Actually, you quoted me, and then explained why you would take Melo over Pierce. Fudgepacker
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #78
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Actually, you quoted me, and then explained why you would take Melo over Pierce. Fudgepacker
You asked what's phenomonal about Melo's game so I sided to compare him to Pierce.

Fudgepacker. Where'd you come up with that one? It's like i've never heard that a billion times. Nice try, though. I'll give you that much.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #79
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Yeah, of course. Dying seconds into the game, you're slow as heck, and you're trying to outrebound one of the quickest Power Forwards in the league. What's the chance of doing so? Slim.

See right there you just said a 7'5 center is not capable of out rebounding a PF when it counts... So what do I have you on my team for? Why are you getting all that money for? Why are you called the best when others who are not close to being best can out do you when it counts?

Yao is overrated.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #80
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
See right there you just said a 7'5 center is not capable of out rebounding a PF when it counts... So what do I have you on my team for? Why are you getting all that money for? Why are you called the best when others who are not close to being best can out do you when it counts?

Yao is overrated.
Exactly, he's 7'5". And you expect him to outrebound a much younger, quicker, smaller player? Please. All you expect him to do is shoot, defend and rebound (don't bring that stupid moment again). That's all you can ask for in a 7'5'' 310 big man.

Plus, It was the wrong freaking comparison at the wrong freaking time. How can you not get that?

Jazz were lucky that the line-ups were skimmed up a bit. If Hayes were defending Booz in that particular moment, i'm sure he could've got it, or had a much better chance of getting it.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #81
supraman
I hit open layups

supraman has an OK reputation so far

Just ignore joey3000, someone as stupid as him is not worth arguing with.
supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #82
Joey3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Exactly, he's 7'5". And you expect him to outrebound a much younger, quicker, smaller player? Please. All you expect him to do is shoot, defend and rebound (don't bring that stupid moment again). That's all you can ask for in a 7'5'' 310 big man.

Plus, It was the wrong freaking comparison at the wrong freaking time. How can you not get that?

Jazz were lucky that the line-ups were skimmed up a bit. If Hayes were defending Booz in that particular moment, i'm sure he could've got it, or had a much better chance of getting it.

So let me ask you this. If Boozer is more capable of getting me clutch rebounds, while puting up numbers just as good as yaos... Why is Yao definetly a top 10 player while boozer is questionable?

Thats the part I dont get? Yet you want me to just accept it. Boozer gets the Job done, yao cant... so whos better? Its basic mathematics. Stop going by hype, start watching the game.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #83
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Quote:
So let me ask you this. If Boozer is more capable of getting me clutch rebounds, while puting up numbers just as good as yaos... Why is Yao definetly a top 10 player while boozer is questionable?
Because you're an idiot who bases his game play in his first ever playoff series. If Yao operated well in the playoffs and done what Booz was doing, I guarantee you, you would be praising him right now.

It's 1 series, they had the advantage, simple as it gets. Stop overrating players from what you've seen from their last games or so.

Quote:
Thats the part I dont get? Yet you want me to just accept it. Boozer gets the Job done, yao cant... so whos better? Its basic mathematics. Stop going by hype, start watching the game.
So all this crediting a top 10 player revolves around the playoffs? -- The playoffs just a couple months ago? Have a cup of tea, Joe.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #84
Joey3000

Quote:
Because you're an idiot who bases his game play in his first ever playoff series. If Yao operated well in the playoffs and done what Booz was doing, I guarantee you, you would be praising him right now.

Yes I would be giving him his props now. however he didnt.

Quote:
It's 1 series, they had the advantage, simple as it gets. Stop overrating players from what you've seen from their last games or so.

Not overrating anybody, I just think Yao is given more slack then a player like... lets say Dirk. Had boozer abused dirk like that people would be calling him soft. But since its Yao, people make excuses like "he is slow".

Quote:
So all this crediting a top 10 player revolves around the playoffs? -- The playoffs just a couple months ago? Have a cup of tea, Joe.

Yep, my top 10 revolves around the playoffs, thats where it counts.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #85
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Quote:
Yes I would be giving him his props now. however he didnt.
Exactly, show's how pathetic you are basing someone's talent/skills on one playoff series.

Quote:
Not overrating anybody, I just think Yao is given more slack then a player like... lets say Dirk. Had boozer abused dirk like that people would be calling him soft. But since its Yao, people make excuses like "he is slow".
He is slow if you haven't noticed. You want him to move like a 6'8" Power Forward would? Similar to something like Boozer? Plus, it wasn't that abusive from my perspective. Something you should know really; Boozer wasn't abusive as you make it look. He averaged more points in losses than in their wins. You oughta know that.

Quote:
Yep, my top 10 revolves around the playoffs, thats where it counts.
Um, no it doesn't, especially when you're basing on the playoffs that happened a few months ago.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #86
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Iverson is like a true PG right now when Carmelo is on the court.
Duncan vs Kobe for spot 1 is obviously arguable. Both in different quality of teams and positions.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #87
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ACL tears are no joke. Gilbert Arenas would do well to just average 20 next year, I can't see him in the top 10 (which he might not have been anyway) until 2009 (it takes two years to truly recover and the knee will never be the same).
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #88
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

NO
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #89
-primetime-

NO