Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #76
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Las Francisco
Posts: 104
Underdog has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Boozer isn't top 10. But atleast if you wanna sneak him in put him around 9 or 10, not over last year's MVP.
Both he and Yao for that matter are too high


I wanted to give more love for Dirk, but after his meltdown in the first round, I just couldn't place him above Boozer. Maybe Yao
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #77
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Las Francisco
Posts: 104
Underdog has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
I never said you did specifically. shtoopid.

Actually, you quoted me, and then explained why you would take Melo over Pierce. Fudgepacker
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #78
Fudge
psychotic&iconic
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,793
Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Actually, you quoted me, and then explained why you would take Melo over Pierce. Fudgepacker
You asked what's phenomonal about Melo's game so I sided to compare him to Pierce.

Fudgepacker. Where'd you come up with that one? It's like i've never heard that a billion times. Nice try, though. I'll give you that much.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #79
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star
 
Joey3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Joey3000 has not been impressing people
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Yeah, of course. Dying seconds into the game, you're slow as heck, and you're trying to outrebound one of the quickest Power Forwards in the league. What's the chance of doing so? Slim.

See right there you just said a 7'5 center is not capable of out rebounding a PF when it counts... So what do I have you on my team for? Why are you getting all that money for? Why are you called the best when others who are not close to being best can out do you when it counts?

Yao is overrated.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #80
Fudge
psychotic&iconic
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,793
Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
See right there you just said a 7'5 center is not capable of out rebounding a PF when it counts... So what do I have you on my team for? Why are you getting all that money for? Why are you called the best when others who are not close to being best can out do you when it counts?

Yao is overrated.
Exactly, he's 7'5". And you expect him to outrebound a much younger, quicker, smaller player? Please. All you expect him to do is shoot, defend and rebound (don't bring that stupid moment again). That's all you can ask for in a 7'5'' 310 big man.

Plus, It was the wrong freaking comparison at the wrong freaking time. How can you not get that?

Jazz were lucky that the line-ups were skimmed up a bit. If Hayes were defending Booz in that particular moment, i'm sure he could've got it, or had a much better chance of getting it.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #81
supraman
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 157
supraman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Just ignore joey3000, someone as stupid as him is not worth arguing with.
supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #82
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star
 
Joey3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Joey3000 has not been impressing people
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Exactly, he's 7'5". And you expect him to outrebound a much younger, quicker, smaller player? Please. All you expect him to do is shoot, defend and rebound (don't bring that stupid moment again). That's all you can ask for in a 7'5'' 310 big man.

Plus, It was the wrong freaking comparison at the wrong freaking time. How can you not get that?

Jazz were lucky that the line-ups were skimmed up a bit. If Hayes were defending Booz in that particular moment, i'm sure he could've got it, or had a much better chance of getting it.


So let me ask you this. If Boozer is more capable of getting me clutch rebounds, while puting up numbers just as good as yaos... Why is Yao definetly a top 10 player while boozer is questionable?

Thats the part I dont get? Yet you want me to just accept it. Boozer gets the Job done, yao cant... so whos better? Its basic mathematics. Stop going by hype, start watching the game.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #83
Fudge
psychotic&iconic
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,793
Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
So let me ask you this. If Boozer is more capable of getting me clutch rebounds, while puting up numbers just as good as yaos... Why is Yao definetly a top 10 player while boozer is questionable?
Because you're an idiot who bases his game play in his first ever playoff series. If Yao operated well in the playoffs and done what Booz was doing, I guarantee you, you would be praising him right now.

It's 1 series, they had the advantage, simple as it gets. Stop overrating players from what you've seen from their last games or so.

Quote:
Thats the part I dont get? Yet you want me to just accept it. Boozer gets the Job done, yao cant... so whos better? Its basic mathematics. Stop going by hype, start watching the game.
So all this crediting a top 10 player revolves around the playoffs? -- The playoffs just a couple months ago? Have a cup of tea, Joe.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #84
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star
 
Joey3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Joey3000 has not been impressing people
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Because you're an idiot who bases his game play in his first ever playoff series. If Yao operated well in the playoffs and done what Booz was doing, I guarantee you, you would be praising him right now.

Yes I would be giving him his props now. however he didnt.

Quote:
It's 1 series, they had the advantage, simple as it gets. Stop overrating players from what you've seen from their last games or so.


Not overrating anybody, I just think Yao is given more slack then a player like... lets say Dirk. Had boozer abused dirk like that people would be calling him soft. But since its Yao, people make excuses like "he is slow".

Quote:
So all this crediting a top 10 player revolves around the playoffs? -- The playoffs just a couple months ago? Have a cup of tea, Joe.

Yep, my top 10 revolves around the playoffs, thats where it counts.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #85
Fudge
psychotic&iconic
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,793
Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
Yes I would be giving him his props now. however he didnt.
Exactly, show's how pathetic you are basing someone's talent/skills on one playoff series.

Quote:
Not overrating anybody, I just think Yao is given more slack then a player like... lets say Dirk. Had boozer abused dirk like that people would be calling him soft. But since its Yao, people make excuses like "he is slow".
He is slow if you haven't noticed. You want him to move like a 6'8" Power Forward would? Similar to something like Boozer? Plus, it wasn't that abusive from my perspective. Something you should know really; Boozer wasn't abusive as you make it look. He averaged more points in losses than in their wins. You oughta know that.

Quote:
Yep, my top 10 revolves around the playoffs, thats where it counts.
Um, no it doesn't, especially when you're basing on the playoffs that happened a few months ago.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #86
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!
 
clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,951
clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

Iverson is like a true PG right now when Carmelo is on the court.
Duncan vs Kobe for spot 1 is obviously arguable. Both in different quality of teams and positions.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #87
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,986
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

ACL tears are no joke. Gilbert Arenas would do well to just average 20 next year, I can't see him in the top 10 (which he might not have been anyway) until 2009 (it takes two years to truly recover and the knee will never be the same).
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #88
CAYO
Serious playground baller
 
CAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 475
CAYO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

NO
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #89
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: is iverson a top 10 player?

NO
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy