Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default Dalembert becomes Canadian citizen....playing in FIBA America's

Quote:
The Haitian Sensation is now officially a Canadian citizen. On Tuesday morning at 10:00am EST in a private ceremony Samuel Dalembert became the country's newest citizen in Hamilton, Ontario. The Score is there and exclusive footage of the proceedings can be seen today on To The Point and tonight The Score Tonight.

For both Dalembert and Team Canada Head Coach Leo Rautins it has been a long road to get to this point. During a live Raptors game broadcast last NBA season, Rautins explained that Dalembert had every piece of legal Canadian paperwork…except for his passport. Then, one week ago today, a privy meeting was held to decide if the Philadelphia 76ers center would have his citizenship hearing fast-tracked due to his outstanding community service and the fact that he still keeps residence in Canada.

"These have been anxious times for us, waiting for an answer" explained Rautins during Team Canada's training camp. "Now, to have a player of Sam's caliber join our team…the effect will be tremendous on both ends of the floor."

His effect will also be felt off the court as well.

"When I played for Team Canada, it was my blood on the floor everyday for this team," said Wayne Yearwood an 8-year Canadian team player and current assistant coach. "A guy like that, to go out of his way to put himself in a situation where he could help his country and help us on this team…that speaks volumes."

With Steve Nash unavailable for the upcoming Olympic Qualifier in Las Vegas, Rautins is still holding out hope for one other NBA All Star.

"There is still a chance that Jamaal Magloire will play for his country," Rautins said. "We have been in contact and now Sam and I both want to talk to him to gauge his interest."

Sweet. It'll be nice to actually have an NBA player on our team again. Our bigmen are pretty horrible.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dalembert becomes Canadian citizen....playing in FIBA America's

Lmao. That's the only way he can make a national team. No way he'll ever be good enough to be considered for the US Team.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Nice irrelevant post makeitrain.

Too bad Magliore wasn't a donkey and Nash wasn't half crippled. Magliore playing would set us up in our front court, and with Nash playing even limited minutes, we would be looking good.

Oh well, maybe at next year's olympic qualifier.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

huh, didn't even know Leo got the gig.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

What a coup by Leo I mean that has always be teh Canadian teams weakness...they aren't that bad guard wise but in teh bigs they were always outmanned even by teams like PR...Cus Todd got that disease...Maggs trying to cake up etc.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
Fluffy Bird
Banned

Fluffy Bird has an OK reputation so far

wow, good news for once for Canada. Too bad Nash wasn't playing. With Dalembert and potentially Magloire up front that makes a huge difference, the loss to Puerto Rico and in turn the loss of the last spot for the WC was because PR owned the inside. Jamaal barely played last NBA season, maybe he is up for it?

Does anyone know if Carl English or Denham Brown are playing?

Someone on here should start a campaign to get Nash to play, tell him it is charity or something, he might be up for it.
Fluffy Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
huh, didn't even know Leo got the gig.

it's not like they talked about it 100 times on Raptors broadcasts last year.

Do you watch your Raps games with Chinese commentators?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #8
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Bird
wow, good news for once for Canada. Too bad Nash wasn't playing. With Dalembert and potentially Magloire up front that makes a huge difference, the loss to Puerto Rico and in turn the loss of the last spot for the WC was because PR owned the inside. Jamaal barely played last NBA season, maybe he is up for it?

Does anyone know if Carl English or Denham Brown are playing?

Someone on here should start a campaign to get Nash to play, tell him it is charity or something, he might be up for it.

carl english is playing, im not sure about denham brown though i cant remember

i hope we do well, i cant stand another simpsons joke about our national team haha
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #9
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Good. Dalembert needs the practice. Badly.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #10
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
it's not like they talked about it 100 times on Raptors broadcasts last year.

Do you watch your Raps games with Chinese commentators?

hahaha....I was about to mention that.

I swear sometimes they said it loud enough in hopes that Triano could hear them.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #11
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Continuing canada's fine tradition of big men from wennington to dalembert.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #12
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat

Quote:
William ("Bill") Percey Wennington (born December 26, 1963 in Montreal, Quebec) is a retired Canadian basketball player in the National Basketball Association who won three NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls: the 1996, 1997 and 1998 teams. A center, he was also a member of two Canadian Olympic Basketball Teams (1984 and 1992) and the 1983 World University Games team that won gold against the USA. Wennington has been inducted into the Quebec Basketball Hall of Fame, Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame and Carey 306 Hall of Fame at St. John's University, in New York City

>

Rasheed.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
Fluffy Bird
Banned

Fluffy Bird has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat

Mike Smrek owns
Fluffy Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #14
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Yea, Im sure Denham Brown's playing. They interviewed him on the Score about the Dalembert addition, and he was at the ACC with the rest of the team practicing......
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #15
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Carl English shot like 50% from 3 in Europe recently, I think he'll make a killing at the FIBA Americas.

Newfies Unite!
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: