Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
chanchan05
I airball my layups

chanchan05 has an OK reputation so far
Default I was just wondering, why didnt the Nets?

I was wondering why didnt the nets make a run for ben wallace? i mean sure he only scores a career ave of 7 a game, which will rise with his coming to the nets because of kidd (teams seem to forget about guarding ben for some reason) but he gives that huge 11 reb a game and 2 blocks, what the nets really need...*sigh*... imagine that lineup, besides, they really dont need added offense just look at the firepower: VC, RJ and krstic, not to mention an occasional outburst from kidd.
chanchan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

They're over the cap so they don't have the money. Most teams are. He could help a lot teams, especially Phoenix, but no one had the money to pay him where he really might've wanted to go....
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Boy when will people realise that this isn't MLB. There is a thing called the salary cap. I've seen so many of these threads were people are saying we should sign such and such. Like on a heat one they author said they should go after Peja and Harrington.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Joe Dumars would never do a sign and trade with a close EC rival like that. Unless it got him one of the big 3.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

If the cap would've allowed it then they probaly would've went after Big Ben.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
chanchan05
I airball my layups

chanchan05 has an OK reputation so far
Default ..

i thought they raised the cap? how much is the cap now anyway?and ben wallace's salary when he was with detroit wasnt THAT big, i mean chicago over paid him.
chanchan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Detroit offered as much as they wanted to. The team you wee with the preivous season can pay you as much as they want...
Old 07-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #8
Wade871
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Wade871 has an OK reputation so far
Arrow

Get Back Martin Please TRade WE NEED MARIN BACK. Who thinks we need K-Marin back. him VC Kidd and RJ. all you need to do is make a trade like 1st and 2nd round draft and also trade krisitc
Wade871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #9
dblockrep2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dblockrep2 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade871
Get Back Martin Please TRade WE NEED MARIN BACK. Who thinks we need K-Marin back. him VC Kidd and RJ. all you need to do is make a trade like 1st and 2nd round draft and also trade krisitc
1.it can't happen K Mart signed a 80 million dollar contract with Denver, Nets don't have the cap space for that contract.

ONly possibly way for K-mart to return to NJ is if Denver buys him out of his contract, Nets can then pick him up.
dblockrep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #10
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

i hope the latter happens, i wouldn't trade krstic for him anyway...
Old 07-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #11
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

If K-Mart came back then NJ would have the best starting lineup in the league by far. They would have an elite player in VC they would have three all-stars in KM, RJ and JK and if Kristic keeps develpoing he could be a really really good player in this league. Could you imagine preparing a game plan when playing against this team? Too bad the cap won't allow it.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: