Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #61
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

No way do they win the Championship. Drafting Marcus Williams was excellent though. He could have been ROY on a differen tteam, but as it stands the pg in the draft that probably needed it least will get to learn at the feet of the Master (Nash is better but Kidd knows the position just as well, if not better). He'll never defend like Kidd or even close barring a massive change in approach on the other end but on offense he could be a top 5 pg for a long time.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #62
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

I really doubt the Nets can win a championship this season. I think it would be a much more reasonable goal for them to reach the finals than actually with the entire thing. The Nets are one of the top two teams in the East as of now and are a little under Miami, but with some added depth and some good luck I think they might be able to beat them in a playoff series, but then when it comes to the finals, they don't have any luck against the top teams in the west. These are the only chances I could see happening

Mavs-Try to have Jefferson guard Dirk like Tmac did in the series two years ago and hope that their jumpshot is off...really off.

Spurs-I think this team may be easier than people think, the biggest problem will be tony parker. Marcus Williams isn't the best defender, but I think Hassan Adams has the athleticism to at least stay with Parker than the Nets have ever been able to and Jason Collins, with all his hating, can do a great job on Duncan.

Suns-If everyone says than Kidd is getting old, then so is Nash who is only one year younger. There is no promise that Amare is going to get well. He had the same surgery as Kmart and look what happened to him, they have the same type of game. Diaw might be able to pick up a bunch of slack though, especially if they keep inproving, this is a hard team for the Nets because good perimeter teams always kill the Nets and the Suns are the best. As far as the top 5 rankings next season, this is how I think they stand.

1a. Heat
2a. Mavs
3. Spurs
4. Suns
5. Nets

I do think with a healthy Tmac and Yao that the rockets could break into that and possibly the Cavs if Larry Hughes is healthy and he can learn to mesh with LeBron. I don't like all this talk about the Bulls, the entire team is built to win in a few years while Big Ben needs to win right now, I don't see them getting out of the second round this year.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #63
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

all i'm saying is, if you're a top 5-10 team, you have a shot
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #64
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

This wasn't a huge superstar free agent market, but there were some players I wished the Nets could have gotten with the MLE, any of these guys.

Melvin Ely
Reggie Evans
Lorenzen Wright
Francisco Elson
Tim Thomas
Old 07-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #65
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Pathetic how this turned into Mavs-Heat finals debate. It's done, get over it, bunch of you whiny *****es. The start of this thread I knew TMOGE was going to chime in with his "Vince Carter is loser and a whiner and can't do anything but suck" attitude despite Vince being the most active he has in his career. The Nets wouldn't have won half their games without him, as he hit big shot after big shot in the regular season and post season, aside from that Miami series.

As for the question, probably not. Atleast not till Shaq tapers off significantly. Shaq has killed us repeatedly. Wade has done his damage, but Shaq is the one who beats us everytime.

The quest for a big is not as an important as a solid bench. Jason Collins is a fine starter. It is good that he's far from being a hole on the defensive end. Carter, Jefferson, Krstic, and Kidd can handle the scoring load, but if there's no bench, it only makes things harder. If Marcus Williams refines his shot and Wright becomes a solid bench scorer, they'll be no joke. However, this up coming season is going to depend on the development of their rookies and Wright. If Wright and Williams can contribute nightly, a rotating bench of Cliff, Wright, and Williams can be a good rotation. If Boone can too, the better. Hasaan we can wait on. However, if it's just going to be Cliff as our bench, it's going to be a first/second round exit agian.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #66
Prime Objective
Can barely lace up my sneakers

there like no chance that the nets could win a title next season, like the bulls have ten times a better chance of winning the title then the nets. and no kristc shouldnt b a allstar by ne means
Prime Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #67
BFRESH44
College star

I just don't see the Nets posing as a championship threat.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 07-15-2006 at 02:02 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #68
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
I just don't see the Nets posing as a championship threat.

And no one thought the Heat would have a chance coming out of the East in the beginning of the year because of their "selfish players"...but they proved people wrong.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #69
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Teams with Vince Carter on them don't win championships.

If he plays his girlie card and pretends to be hurt again they would have a better chance. Maybe if they traded him for an aggressive power forward.

Vince Carter just isn't a winner.

That's true. In order for a team to win a championship, they need to have champions on their team. Vince Carter is not a champion, and so they will never be champions.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #70
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

So if you've never won a championship then you will never win one? That pretty much defeats the purpose for anyone trying to win one, doesn't it?
Old 07-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #71
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

They CAN, but won't.

They probably get swept by Miami.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #72
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
And no one thought the Heat would have a chance coming out of the East in the beginning of the year because of their "selfish players"...but they proved people wrong.

Eh, that was all was all preseason BS. That's irrelevent.

No one thought the Heat could come out of the East intially for the simple fact that Detroit came out on a tear from the get go. But when they began to flop towards the second round, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion who was comming out of the East.

The Nets just don't scare me in the post-season. And I hate to bring this aspect of that matter up because I know it gets on the Nets fans nerves, but Vince Carter maaan. He's just doesn't do it for me. Enough empahsis can't be put on that aspect...I just don't see a team with Vince Carter as their single best player winning anything significant.

The Nets as well still lack the depth where it counts. Now if guys like the Uconn duo with Boone and Williams make imediate impacts (which I don't see happening right away) then you may have something there. But ehhh...All in all just no sold on the Nets.

I can be proven wrong though....

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 07-15-2006 at 02:36 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #73
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

I will be really really happy if Boone can turn into a Haslem type player.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #74
rashid242
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
uh, no...

the only reason they are able to beat people in 7 game series, aside from Wade obviously, is their depth at Center. No one else in the league has that and with out it, they're not the title team they were.

I think they would fall in the finals but would beat the Nets.

The Nets haven't shown any inkling really in 2 postseason series in a row they can beat the Heat.

Their lost 4-0 & 4-1.

Hell they swept the Nets with Van Gundy as the coach.

Unless was great in 05 against the Nets but he was still recovering from calf injury this year & his impact against the Nets was what it was against the Pistons & Mav's.

The Nets still got spanked.

The Nets against the Heat are like the Wizard playing Miami.

Might as well forfeit the series.
rashid242 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: