Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 9/11, what do you really think happend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
gotcha.

If you ever get a surplus of groopie love that you can't sustain, you know my number.

Dude I could get hot chicks all over your right now and I haven't even started my music career.

Like Stalin once said, "Man play guitar, woman suck is *****."
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #17
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
If I told you it would lose all of its cache....but I'm not a fan of cache so I'll tell you anways.

I'm in for teh group!e sexer.

aka I'm in it for the group!e sex.
I always thought it was butthole for some reason.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #18
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
nope.

psssh yathink?? Do you realize how much heat the Russian Executive is under right now cause of a dozen or so poisoned journalists? And we're expected to believe that this government, which has proven again and again to be not just completely inept, but completely inept at hiding the fact that they're completely inept, murdered three thousand of its own citizens with no paperwork, no snitches, and no evidence left behind? RIGHT.

This government's corrupt but they're subtle about it. They shift power over to the executive. They don't kill 3000 people. Even a small conspiracy is unbelievably hard to hide. A conspiracy of that magnitude? 3000 deaths? Imagine all the people who would need to be involved to pull that off. Now tell me not one of those guys would get a guilty conscience and tattle. There's just no way.

Besides. It would *NOT* take 3000 deaths to invoke a war. He could pin a much smaller accident on the opponent, like the Spanish American war this time last century, hell if he's actually going to go out and kill his own citizens, it wouldn't even take a couple hundred to evoke the exact same fear in the hearts of the people... and wouldn't need to destroy a crucial financial institution to do it.

Don't listen to other people... just use common sense. Most times it's that easy.

Yeah, whatever. I still think that admission vid with Osama was a fake.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:04 AM   #19
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I laughed when the security footage came out of the plane hitting the pentagon. So many conspiracists said it was a missile due to lack of plane debris.
Debris friggin was sprayed all over the lawn in small parts due to the force of the collision.
Every dead person was accounted for inside the building bar one (presumably scorched to nothing).
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 AM   #20
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

The attacks probably could have been prevented had it not been for security blunders which makes you think whether they were allowed to happen, however I agree with most about the actual nature of what happened, i.e planes hitting the buildings. What do you guys think about the passing of the patriot acts as a result?

Last edited by gb8 : 08-08-2007 at 05:28 AM.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:27 AM   #21
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think David Blaine or David Copperfield (whatever magicians are going by nowadays) did it. Hey, that copperfield guy made the Statue of Liberty disappear, why not blowup a few of buildings?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #22
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

These 9/11 conspiracy theorists are like the people who thought OJ Simpson was actually innocent. Making a bunch noise at first but scuttling underneath a rock after their rambling becomes too tiresome for most of the nation with an ounce of common sense.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
A bunch of crazy Muslims hijacked airplanes and crashed them into American buildings.

The end.

You forgot about the part that happened on 9/10, when Osama bin Laden called Bush and told him what was going down the next day. Oh, and when Cheney had his men plant bombs in the two towers and that other building that collapsed. It's true, I read it in "The Nation".
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Regardless of political belief, anybody who thinks that there was a bomb, explosives, missile, etc or any other massive conspiracy theory is a moron. Period. For f&cks sake, I am as liberal as you can get, but I also have an education when it comes to engineering and physics. These are some research papers written by people who actually have knowledge about these things, and they pretty much put to rest any conspiracy bullsh&t. They are significantly more credible than some retard making a youtube video or spouting off "facts" that they themselves don't understand at all.

Engineers Explain WTC Collapse
http://www.architectureweek.com/2002/0529/news_3-1.html

Report Ties WTC Collapses to Column Failures
http://enr.construction.com/news/bui...ves/040119.asp

IT WAS THE FIRE, CAUSED THE TWIN TOWER COLLAPSE - icivilengineer.com
http://www.icivilengineer.com/News/WTC/Fire.html

Simulation for the collapse of WTC after aeroplane impact - Lu XZ., Yang N., Jiang JJ. Structure Engineer, 66(sup.). 2003, 18-22
http://www.luxinzheng.net/publicatio...00012800000300 0369000001&idtype=cvips
Bazant, Z.P., & Zhou, Y.
"Addendum to 'Why Did the World Trade Center Collapse? - Simple Analysis" (pdf)
Journal of Engineering Mechanics v. 128, no. 3, (2002): 369-370.

Brannigan, F.L.
http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf?v...0sessionmgr109
"WTC: Lightweight Steel and High-Rise Buildings"
Fire Engineering v.155, no. 4, (2002): 145-150.

Clifton, Charles G.
http://www.hera.org.nz/PDF%20Files/E...TC%20Paper.PDF
Elaboration on Aspects of the Postulated Collapse of the World Trade Centre Twin Towers
HERA: Innovation in Metals. 2001. 13 December 2001.

"Construction and Collapse Factors"
http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf?v...0sessionmgr107
Fire Engineering v.155, no. 10, (2002): 106-108.

Corbett, G.P.
http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf?v...0sessionmgr107
"Learning and Applying the Lessons of the WTC Disaster"
Fire Engineering v.155, no. 10, (2002.): 133-135.

"Dissecting the Collapses"
http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detai...0sessionmgr102
Civil Engineering ASCE v. 72, no. 5, (2002): 36-46.

Gabrielson, T.B., Poese, M.E., & Atchley, A.A.
http://scitation.aip.org/getpdf/serv...00011300000100 0045000001&idtype=cvips&prog=normal
"Acoustic and Vibration Background Noise in the Collapsed Structure of the World Trade Center"
The Journal of Acoustical Society of America v. 113, no. 1, (2003): 45-48.

Public Broadcasting Station (PBS)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/
Why the Towers Fell: A Companion Website to the Television Documentary.
NOVA (Science Programming On Air and Online)

The Towers Lost and Beyond
http://web.mit.edu/civenv/wtc/
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Eduardo Kausel, John E. Fernandez, Tomasz Wierzbicki, Liang Xue, Meg Hendry-Brogan, Ahmed F. Ghoniem, Oral Buyukozturk, Franz-Josef Ulm, Yossi Sheffi

god damn. to AppleNader.

you have gone above and beyond to provide CITATIONS. You are the GOAT
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #25
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
god damn. to AppleNader.

you have gone above and beyond to provide CITATIONS. You are the GOAT

Yep.

Rasheed1 won't believe any of it though, will he?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Rasheed1 won't believe any of it though, will he?

not when it fails to answer the questions I asked... No

Citations are great, but citing things for the hell of it doesnt impress me.....It obviously impresses you or you wouldnt ride his coattails without examining the data for the answers to the questions I asked him...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
philbluntsmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
A bunch of crazy Muslims hijacked airplanes and crashed them into American buildings.

The end.
I feel so sorry for you and anyone who agrees with you. You're uneducated and very narrow minded. I'm sure the Government is thrilled there are still people like you in their country; you should open your mind.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #28
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
not when it fails to answer the questions I asked... No

Citations are great, but citing things for the hell of it doesnt impress me.....It obviously impresses you or you wouldnt ride his coattails without examining the data for the answers to the questions I asked him...

Actually, they describe in depth what happened in the towers, the damage they sustained, the effects of fire on structural integrity and strength, and ultimately, why the towers fell. And ultimately, they are peer reviewed research papers and simulations done by academic institutions and people with legitimate knowledge about these types of situations (you know, like engineers)

THen again, you can always provide links to your conspiracy sites to show what "really" happened, even though they rely on rather pathetic edited video, speculation, and refusal to accept anything that does not reinforce what you want to here.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #29
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
THen again, you can always provide links to your conspiracy sites to show what "really" happened, even though they rely on rather pathetic edited video, speculation, and refusal to accept anything that does not reinforce what you want to here.

its apple cider

I did post my info and my questions (that werent answered by any of the worthless links you posted) in the other topic

I would like answers to those questions
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #30
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
its apple cider

I did post my info and my questions (that werent answered by any of the worthless links you posted) in the other topic

I would like answers to those questions

actually, had you bothered to read any of these studies (but they would probably go over your head given your lack of understanding of engineering), you would see that they already answered all of your questions.

Nice rebuttal though. Keep on trying to discredit academic work
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: