Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default NBA 2k7 question...

I was fiddling with this game the other day and wondering just what some of you guys are doing about the new rookie crop? I idly considered just using the Create-A-Player feature, but it is so limited that almost everyone I create looks the same because there's only like 8 faces to choose from.

If I had the PS2 modem, could I download new rosters?

What's it cost to use that thing?

Also, is there a way to edit player salaries? I mean I stuck Jalen Rose on the Suns last season, but he still had his 18mil salary.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA 2k7 question...

So... none of you guys are gonna play 2k7 again? You're just gonna run out and buy 2K8?

Mathius
Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
So... none of you guys are gonna play 2k7 again? You're just gonna run out and buy 2K8?

Mathius

Yep, because there will be added features like the all star weekend, not just a roster update.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
Yep, because there will be added features like the all star weekend, not just a roster update.

Yeah, well I don't have money to run out and buy a new copy every year, especially since they're probably not going to make it for PS2 this year, or if they do, it'll be an afterthought with very little that 2K7 didn't already have.

And I'm sure as hell not wasting my money on a PS3.

Anyone who's gonna play 2k7 again want to answer my question?

Mathius
Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

$30 a year isn't a crippling investment.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yeah, well I don't have money to run out and buy a new copy every year, especially since they're probably not going to make it for PS2 this year, or if they do, it'll be an afterthought with very little that 2K7 didn't already have.

Mathius

i have 2k7 for the ps2 and the 360... you cant edit salaries, and that i dont know bout that modem....
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Mathius

Oh you're on a PS2. They probably won't have the added features anyway. You're more than likely going to have to create the rookies.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #8
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
$30 a year isn't a crippling investment.

Well tell your mommy to buy me a copy then. I've got a car payment, rent, and bills to pay. Can I afford $30? yes, but it's money better spent somewhere else.

Mathius
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have it for PS2, and I don't even bother downloading the new rookies; I don't even know if you can. I just created the main ones (Oden, Durant, Horford, Conley, etc).
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #10
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you get that modem you can download the new rosters
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
if you get that modem you can download the new rosters

That's what I wanted to know. I think my buddy has one.

It kind've becomes pointless to add Ray Allen to Boston, when you can't put Durant and Green on Seattle. After a while, you just more or less have to stop doing trades, or add the rookies.

Mathius
Old 08-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Well tell your mommy to buy me a copy then. I've got a car payment, rent, and bills to pay. Can I afford $30? yes, but it's money better spent somewhere else.

Mathius

Another option: Rent it.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups

Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far

I got 2K7 prob. the best thing to do is download the new rosters if u have internet if not well ur screwed wait till august i guess....
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #14
truwarrior93
I brick open layups

truwarrior93 has an OK reputation so far

does anyone know if 2k8 comes out for xbox?
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior93
does anyone know if 2k8 comes out for xbox?
Right now only Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 are confirmed. Playstation 2 is likely, but I don't know about Xbox. More people have 360 instead of the original Xbox, so that's why they might not put it out for the original, wheras many many more people have a PS2 than a PS3, so it will probably come out for PS2 so it can sell a lot.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: