Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #106
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bonds Passed Aaron

Niece "I konw where your car keys are GOBB!"
GOBB "Where are they?"
Niece "Not telling you. Find them yourself *giggles*"
GOBB "Stop playing and just tell me"
Niece "You're getting cold...cold oh warm warm hot oops warm"
GOBB *shakes head*
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #107
Swinger
I airball my layups

Swinger has an OK reputation so far

Barry Bonds works out at the Giants practice facility. (CP File Photo)
A cloud of suspicion has hovered over the Giants slugger ever since the 2000 season, when a bulked-up Bonds began hitting more homers with increased power.

Bonds smacked 37 home runs in 1998, his fourth-highest total up until that time. In 2000, he hit a career-high 49 homers and the next year rewrote the history books, clobbering 73 to break Mark McGwire's single-season record. He followed that up with three consecutive 45-home run seasons.

Prompted by his change in appearance (a bloated face, thinning hair and muscles aplenty), there were murmurs inside and outside baseball that Bonds was using steroids. Bonds attributed his changed physique and increased hitting power to an intense off-season weight-training regime.

But a recently published book alleges Bonds used a host of performance-enhancing drugs before Major League Baseball introduced mandatory drug testing in 2004.

The authors of the book Game of Shadows conducted a two-year investigation which included audio tapes and interviews with more than 200 sources, as well as court documents, affidavits filed by investigators into the BALCO scandal, confidential memoranda of federal agents (including statements made to them by athletes and trainers) and grand jury testimony.

Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, reporters for the San Francisco Chronicle, claim Bonds was spurred on to seek out steroids after the 1998 season in which McGwire and Sammy Sosa engaged in their home-run record chase.

The book asserts Bonds grew jealous of the attention paid to McGwire (which Bonds felt was partially motivated by race) and enlisted the help of Anderson to supervise strength conditioning prior to the 1999 season.

The authors also cite the grand jury testimony of Kimberly Bell, Bonds's mistress. In addition to telling the grand jury that Bonds confessed to her in 2000 about his steroid use, Bell also described the numerous changes in Bonds's physical appearance and behaviour that are consistent with steroid use, including acne, hair loss, and a larger-than-normal head.

Another new book, Love Me, Hate Me: Barry Bonds and the Making of an Antihero by Jeff Pearlman, also outlines Bonds's jealousy over McGwire as the impetus for taking steroids.

Recounting a dinner at Ken Griffey Jr.'s house following the 1998 season, Pearlman quotes an agitated Bonds as saying, "As much as I've complained about McGwire and (Jose) Canseco and all of the bull with steroids, I'm tired of fighting it. I turn 35 this year. I've got three or four good seasons left, and I wanna get paid.

"I'm just gonna start using some hard-core stuff, and hopefully it won't hurt my body. Then I'll get out of the game and be done with it.''

Griffey has recently denied that conversation ever happened.

What kind of drugs did Bonds allegedly take?

Fainaru-Wada and Williams allege Bonds used a cornucopia of performance-enhancing drugs before 2003, including insulin, human growth hormone, testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans), trenbolone (a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of cattle), Clomid (a women's infertility drug thought to help a steroid user recover his natural testosterone production), and Modafinil (a narcolepsy drug used as a powerful stimulant).

He also allegedly used designer THG-base steroids that were undetectable by drug tests.

ESPN claims Bonds, in 1997, took androstenedione the same drug a keen-eyed reporter spotted in McGwire's locker during his historic 1998 season.

Furthermore, Game of Shadows claims Bonds took the drugs in a variety of ways: injection, pill form or liquid drops.

He's also said to have eschewed the breaks from the cycles of steroid use. The time off from the drugs help the body naturally produce testosterone

If someone "made up" this ****e about me I am suing thier ass off!
GOBB still waiting for your explanation; I love how people fold under pressure!!
Swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #108
Swinger
I airball my layups

GOBB,
That explains alot, you can't read. Poor little retard. No wonder you envy a cheater and naredowell like Bonds.

Can't handle the truth, so cover your ears and eyes.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #109
Swinger
I airball my layups

Here ya go little retard boy-GOBB

Report: Bonds unknowingly used steroids

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds testified to a grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn't know they were steroids, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Friday.

Bonds told the federal grand jury last year that Greg Anderson, his personal trainer, told him the substances he used in 2003 were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a rubbing balm for arthritis, according to a transcript of his testimony reviewed by the Chronicle.

The substances Bonds described were similar to ones known as "the clear" and "the cream," two steroids from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, the lab at the center of the steroid scandal.

Bonds' attorney, Michael Rains, said the leak of grand jury testimony was an attempt to smear his client. Grand jury transcripts are sealed and the Chronicle did not say who showed them the documents.

"My view has always been this case has been the U.S. vs. Bonds, and I think the government has moved in certain ways in a concerted effort to indict my client," Rains told the newspaper. "And I think their failure to indict him has resulted in their attempts to smear him publicly."

Calls to Rains' office from The Associated Press went unanswered Thursday night.

Tony Serra, Anderson's lawyer, said Anderson "never knowingly provided illegal substances to anyone."

The Chronicle story is the latest development this week in the more than yearlong BALCO probe. On Thursday, the paper reported Yankees slugger Jason Giambi told the grand jury he injected himself with human growth hormone in 2003 and also used steroids for at least three seasons.

Before the Bonds story was even published, U.S. Attorney Kevin Ryan said his office was concerned about the leaks to the Chronicle and asked the Justice Department to investigate.

Also, ABC News and ESPN the Magazine released excerpts of interviews with Conte, in which the BALCO founder admits to watching Olympic star Marion Jones inject herself in the leg with human growth hormone. Jones' attorneys denied she ever used performance-enhancing drugs. Conte's interview with ABC's "20/20" program will air Friday night.

Dozens of elite athletes testified before the grand jury last year, including baseball stars Bonds, Giambi and Gary Sheffield, and track stars Jones, Tim Montgomery and Kelli White.

The probe led to some athletes being banned from the Olympics and left a cloud of suspicion over others, such as Jones, who were allowed to compete despite the investigation.

But Bonds is the biggest star of all, the holder of baseball's single-season home run record of 73 in 2001 and the man who could break Hank Aaron's career homer mark of 755 as early as next year. Bonds ended last season with 703 homers and won his record seventh NL Most Valuable Player award.

It is uncertain what punishment, if any, Bonds could receive from baseball, which didn't have penalties for steroid use until last year.

While discipline is spelled out for positive tests and criminal convictions from 2003 on, admission of illegal steroid use is not addressed, possibly giving baseball commissioner Bud Selig an opening to punish Bonds.

Selig repeatedly has called for year-round random testing and harsher penalties, but management and the players' association have failed to reach an agreement. The contract runs through the 2006 season.

"I've been saying for many months: I instituted a very, very tough program in the minor leagues on steroids in 2001. We need to have that program at the major league level," Selig said Thursday in Washington, D.C. "We're going to leave no stone unturned until we have that policy in place by spring training 2005."

Prosecutors confronted Bonds with documents dating to his record-setting season of 2001 that allegedly detailed his use of many drugs, including human growth hormone, steroids and insulin. He said he believed he only used legal products to treat arthritis and fatigue.

Bonds danced around questions, saying he couldn't explain a calendar with the name "Barry" on it; he had never seen a bottle that says Depo-Testosterone; he had never heard of the drugs Clomid, modafinil and trenbolone; and he couldn't pronounce EPO.

Bonds testified that he didn't think any of the substances worked but kept using them out of loyalty to Anderson. He also said he never consulted with the Giants about what Anderson gave him.

"No way ... we don't trust the ball team," Bonds said. "We don't trust baseball. ... Believe me, it's a business. I don't trust their doctors or nothing."

Sheffield also testified to the grand jury that Bonds arranged for Anderson to give him "the clear," "the cream," and another steroid from Mexico, but also said he did not know they were steroids.

Bonds said he never paid Anderson for drugs or supplements but did give the trainer $15,000 in cash in 2003 for weight training and a $20,000 bonus after his 73-homer season.

Bonds said that Anderson had so little money that he "lives in his car half the time." Asked by a juror why he didn't buy "a mansion" for his trainer, Bonds answered: "One, I'm black, and I'm keeping my money. And there's not too many rich black people in this world. There's more wealthy Asian people and Caucasian and white. And I ain't giving my money up."
Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #110
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

It's a remarkable accomplishment, anyway you look at it, and he deserves all the credit.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #111
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bonds totally dissed his son. A small pat on the head after his son's warm embrace, and then he went on to hug everyone else.......
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #112
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Bonds totally dissed his son. A small pat on the head after his son's warm embrace, and then he went on to hug everyone else.......
yea the people there were saying that too... in the bleachers he blew off his son..
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: