Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #16
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation
Default Re: KG hypocrisy

Duncan and KG have been the top 2 guys in the league for a while, Dirk really came into his own within the past 3 seasons, KG has been doing it for 10+ years, and Kobe has been learning how 2 get the most out of his team, or the most out of himself for his team 2 be anything.

LeBron is still young, I'm a fan, but he doesn't pass KG or Duncan. I'd rather have KG over Duncan. IMO. If Durant turns out 2 be anything like KG in 6-8 years, then I will become a Durant fan, I love watching KG play, no one plays with the passion he does, it is incredible.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #17
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
Just something to think about. KG has always put up the best stats and has been in the top two in fantasy drafts for 4 years but he hasn't really played with any other great players. Paul and Ray are going to take some bites out of his stats. People might see his stats dropping and say he's not as good as he used to be.

Thank you. I've been trying to say this even since the trade. He's not going to do 26-27 like a lot of people say he's going to do. However, I still believe he'll still pull defensive boards like always. He's one of the best ever on the defensive boards, and he'll still pull about 9 a game, keeping his average around 11. I don't think it'll take away from his rankings, though, if his scoring averages drop some. I think in the past few year that has taken a backseat to obvious leadership and poise (Nash, 2005).
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #18
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
This is normal for ISH. They have attention spans that only last until the next game. If a player can throw down some crazy dunks, they're more likely to get recognized than a solid core player who has been doing their job for the last 5 years.

The bold describes the hype surrounding LeBron James perfectly.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Kobe
4. Wade
5. LeBron

thats mine
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #20
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I remember some Lebron >>>>> KG threads

And? Lebron is better than KG.
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #21
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Debatable.

Both put up insane stats but LeBron doesnt play defense as well as KG.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #22
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
in terms of total impact on game, yes. not saying it isn't debatable, but it's my opinion. if i had to choose one of them, right now it would be dirk (if we don't count marketing reasons). dirk has consistently shown for past 3 years that he CAN carry a good/great team on his back.

Like he did this year?
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

He is still in my top five.

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Wade/Lebron
4. Wade/Lebron
5. KG

People forget about him because of all the players that were having great seasons since 3 years ago (Nash, Dirk, Lebron, Wade) but he is still in my top 5.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #24
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
Like he did this year?

it's been discussed countless times already. it was a wrong matchup, dirk will bounce back this year. he led his team to the finals already as the first option. while kobe's never been out of the first round as the first option.

and yes, 67 wins seem much more than 42?
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #25
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

You're all missing the point of this topic.

Quote:
it's been discussed countless times already. it was a wrong matchup, dirk will bounce back this year. he led his team to the finals already as the first option. while kobe's never been out of the first round as the first option.

and yes, 67 wins seem much more than 42?

And that is it.Exactly what this topic is about. The hypocrisy. Giving full credit to a superstar instead of a team.
Kobe is unquestionably better than Dirk but basketball is a team game and the Lakers don't have much of a team, unfortunately.

Same goes for KG but now that he's on a great team that he"ll lead to 60+ wins he"ll start getting more credit despite the fact that he"ll be no better than he was the last 3 years.

But that's it, the hypocrisy.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #26
Moneyshot
I brick open layups

Moneyshot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
in terms of total impact on game, yes. not saying it isn't debatable, but it's my opinion. if i had to choose one of them, right now it would be dirk (if we don't count marketing reasons). dirk has consistently shown for past 3 years that he CAN carry a good/great team on his back.

*Golfclap*

Wow, Dirk can carry a great team on his back? I'm impressed.
Moneyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #27
Wormser
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Wormser has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
Just something to think about. KG has always put up the best stats and has been in the top two in fantasy drafts for 4 years but he hasn't really played with any other great players. Paul and Ray are going to take some bites out of his stats. People might see his stats dropping and say he's not as good as he used to be.

The only place KG will drop next yr is points, and even there it won't be much. His rebounds will be the very close to last yr--maybe a bit more maybe a bit less. What, you think Perkins, Davis, and Veal will take a lot of rebounds away from KG? Me neither. His assists should improve. The past two years he has averaged 4.1 assists and he had had no true outside shooters to dish to. His assists dropped considerably after Wally left the Wolves. In Boston he has Allen and Pierce. I expect him to average 5.0 or more assists next season. Another area he will improve on his FG%. Last year he shoot 47.6%. Facing constant double and triple teams and with no viable alternatives on offense, KG took tougher shots. In Boston, teams cannot consistently double-team him with Allen and Pierce available to swing the ball to. I expect him to be back at 50% or better. Defensively, he should be the same or better facing the weaker PFs in the east. All in all, I expect improved fantasy value for KG on the Celtics.

Last edited by Wormser : 08-08-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Wormser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #28
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
You're all missing the point of this topic.

And that is it.Exactly what this topic is about. The hypocrisy. Giving full credit to a superstar instead of a team.
Kobe is unquestionably better than Dirk but basketball is a team game and the Lakers don't have much of a team, unfortunately.

Same goes for KG but now that he's on a great team that he"ll lead to 60+ wins he"ll start getting more credit despite the fact that he"ll be no better than he was the last 3 years.

But that's it, the hypocrisy.

if i had to choose one man for my team, duncan would be my first choice, and dirk second. kobe and KG would be tied for third place.

that's all. i was just responding to "dirk carrying the team" point.

and yes, basketball is a 5-5 game. that's part of the reason i consider dirk better.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #29
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

KG has always been Top 5 in IMO.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: