Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #151
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You are wrong. You even quoted yourself. Classic. Go back a couple of pages to where I made my post and see what I meant when I said, "name 5".

Hint....I meant name 5 of today.
5 starting centers Shaq is better than NOW?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #152
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I'll give you some stats.

Shaq - 4 rings, 1 ring as "Today's" Shaq, led a team with one All Star and a bunch of old dudes to a championship at...33? 34?

Yao - First round exit, even with T-Mac by his side.

Sure, Yao puts up 25/9, and?

Kids today overrate stats instead of understanding there are certain intangibles that make the difference...

Heat won because of D-Wade. Let's say D-Wade is not the FLASH type player
that makes incredible shots and the team depends on Shaq. OH! that actually did happen. A 6-8 center did a good job defending him. That's what you call impact on the game. I will say it again: FLASH won the title, Shaq didn't even had an impact when they won the title. Let's see what happens when today's yao faces today's shaq. Oh, that actually did happen. For the first time in Shaq's career he got outscored by the opposite center by more than 20 points. One on One match up, Yao 36 pts, 14 rebounds. Those are my stats. Hey i'm bored.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #153
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
If I was Kupcake, I'd pitch a trade to Larry Legend like this:

"Look Larry, I'm giving you two players with huge UPSIDE and POTENTIAL. How can you turn that down for JO?"

Maybe as a consolation, Kupcake will let Larry Legend punch a statue of Magic or something.

Larry will go like this:
"Sure.Jermaine O'Neal is yours as long as you take Troy Murphy"
Old 08-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #154
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
Heat won because of D-Wade. Let's say D-Wade is not the FLASH type player
that makes incredible shots and the team depends on Shaq. OH! that actually did happen. A 6-8 center did a good job defending him. That's what you call impact on the game. I will say it again: FLASH won the title, Shaq didn't even had an impact when they won the title. Let's see what happens when today's yao faces today's shaq. Oh, that actually did happen. For the first time in Shaq's career he got outscored by the opposite center by more than 20 points. One on One match up, Yao 36 pts, 14 rebounds. Those are my stats. Hey i'm bored.
Shaq doesnt need to score,he just needs to be in the court to make an impact,D Wade won the Title

Yao is not a superstar,if he was he'd put Houston on his back and take the blame when they lose
Old 08-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #155
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
5 starting centers Shaq is better than NOW?

I will break it down for you.....Shaq's name came up due to the fact that his impact in a game speak more volumes than "stats".

Even still, the year he got traded he averaged 21 points, 11 rebounds and 2 block a game in 67 games. let alone the impact of him clogging the lane and the ability to draw triple-teams and how team still play the "hack a Shaq" game.

That is far better than any Center of today. Then I said if you don't believe name 5. Does that help???
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #156
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IMPACT ON THE GAME: Duncan's numbers were not incredible during the season but yet he had a huge impact on the game. THAT'S BECAUSE HE HAD MULTIPLE 30 PT GAMES AND 12+ REBOUNDS. THAT'S WHAT I CALL IMPACT ON THE GAME. Something that Shaq wasn't capable of doing when his team needed him. If you say Shaq's impact on the game is the reason he's better, then I rather take the stats. YAO IS BETTER THAN SHAQ.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #157
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I will break it down for you.....Shaq's name came up due to the fact that his impact in a game speak more volumes than "stats".

Even still, the year he got traded he averaged 21 points, 11 rebounds and 2 block a game in 67 games. let alone the impact of him clogging the lane and the ability to draw triple-teams and how team still play the "hack a Shaq" game.

That is far better than any Center of today. Then I said if you don't believe name 5. Does that help???
Shaq is still a Top 5 Center today but what he provides is not worth 20 million+
Old 08-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #158
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm kind curious though....has there ever been a Number pick overall suck as hard as Kwame Brown and been in the League this long?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #159
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
IMPACT ON THE GAME: Duncan's numbers were not incredible during the season but yet he had a huge impact on the game. THAT'S BECAUSE HE HAD MULTIPLE 30 PT GAMES AND 12+ REBOUNDS. THAT'S WHAT I CALL IMPACT ON THE GAME. Something that Shaq wasn't capable of doing when his team needed him. If you say Shaq's impact on the game is the reason he's better, then I rather take the stats. YAO IS BETTER THAN SHAQ.
If Yao was this would've never happened:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QyWEwmFG0W4
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #160
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Shaq is still a Top 5 Center today but what he provides is not worth 20 million+

Really? So imtimidation, disrupting an offense, they ability to defend, commanding double and triple teams and being a reliable force on offense is not worth 20 mil a season??? OOOOH Weeeeeee!!!!! Classic again.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #161
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I'm kind curious though....has there ever been a Number pick overall suck as hard as Kwame Brown and been in the League this long?
Kwame doesnt suck
Hes just an average player

Michael Olawakandi has been in the league longer and is much worse
Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #162
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Really? So imtimidation, disrupting an offense, they ability to defend, commanding double and triple teams and being a reliable force on offense is not worth 20 mil a season??? OOOOH Weeeeeee!!!!! Classic again.
Its Not!

If this was 1995 i'd agree,but its 07 and thats too much for him

14 million is good
Old 08-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #163
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Shaq doesnt need to score,he just needs to be in the court to make an impact,D Wade won the Title

Yao is not a superstar,if he was he'd put Houston on his back and take the blame when they lose

O.K taking the blame or not taking the blame makes you a superstar. What an IDIOT! Oh, so now Yao is not a superstar because he doesn't put his team on his back, and Shaq is a superstar and is better than him because he put his team on his back and GOT SWEPT BY A TEAM THAT WASN'T EVEN A TITLE CONTENDING TEAM. WHAT AN IDIOT!

I'm over here saying Yao is better than Shaq, stats prove it. And this guy is saying Shaq is better because of his impact on the game. He just needs to step on the court and he's better. WHAT AN IDIOT! Shaq must be your idol or something.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #164
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
O.K taking the blame or not taking the blame makes you a superstar. What an IDIOT! Oh, so now Yao is not a superstar because he doesn't put his team on his back, and Shaq is a superstar and is better than him because he put his team on his back and GOT SWEPT BY A TEAM THAT WASN'T EVEN A TITLE CONTENDING TEAM. WHAT AN IDIOT!

I'm over here saying Yao is better than Shaq, stats prove it. And this guy is saying Shaq is better because of his impact on the game. He just needs to step on the court and he's better. WHAT AN IDIOT! Shaq must be your idol or something.

Shaq impacts the Heat with his presence

When has Yao changed a game or took over a game ever in his career
http://youtube.com/watch?v=svsHlH-IvbY

You're 13 arent you?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #165
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Its Not!

If this was 1995 i'd agree,but its 07 and thats too much for him

14 million is good
Can you name a team in any recent year less than 15 years, that won a title without an intimadating force?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: