Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #166
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
If Yao was this would've never happened:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QyWEwmFG0W4

You think Shaq is better than Yao that's why this happened, notice is game 4 not game 7. This is what happens when Shaq puts his team on his back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3uxoPbUxkfc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GS_-22C_m...elated&search=

Last edited by steve franchise : 08-08-2007 at 03:59 PM.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #167
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Can you name a team in any recent year less than 15 years, that won a title without an intimadating force?
SAS-2006/2007
SAS-2004/2005
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #168
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
You think Shaq is better than Yao that's why this happened, notice is game 4 not game 7. This is what happens when Shaq puts his team on his back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3uxoPbUxkfc
LMFAO @ that music for this video

Shaq-4 Rings
Darko-1
Yao-0

Enough said
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #169
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
SAS-2006/2007
SAS-2004/2005

So Ducan sat out during those playoff runs?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #170
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Try and make excuses all you want, but Shaq was AT WORST the #2 guy on the championship Heat. Yao as the #1 or #2, with T-Mac as the one Yao isn't, still can't get past the first round.

Shaq is more than just numbers. He's a force to be reckoned with. Like Knickscity said, Shaq's mere presence on the court demands respect. Yao may put up good numbers, but people know they can single team or him send their 6'1" SG and he will block Yao.

And did someone really try and say Shaq sucks because Ben Wallace shut him down? Really? You know, the same 4x Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace?

Yikes, you're making yourself look worse.

And Kwame is a huge bust. #5 by SI I think. I'd say he ranks up there in the Top 5. Kandi man is a pretty big bust. Sam Bowie is #1 of course. The only thing Kwame has going for him is that his draft class was kind of weak. But still. He's horrible.

I'd happily trade Kwame, Bynum, VRad and whatever to the Pacers for JO and Troy Murphy!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #171
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Shaq impacts the Heat with his presence

When has Yao changed a game or took over a game ever in his career
http://youtube.com/watch?v=svsHlH-IvbY

You're 13 arent you?

http:////youtube.com/watch?v=fWo-VA1mf6Y

Yes that is the impact on the game.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #172
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Try and make excuses all you want, but Shaq was AT WORST the #2 guy on the championship Heat. Yao as the #1 or #2, with T-Mac as the one Yao isn't, still can't get past the first round.

Shaq is more than just numbers. He's a force to be reckoned with. Like Knickscity said, Shaq's mere presence on the court demands respect. Yao may put up good numbers, but people know they can single team or him send their 6'1" SG and he will block Yao.

And did someone really try and say Shaq sucks because Ben Wallace shut him down? Really? You know, the same 4x Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace?

And Kwame is a huge bust. #5 by SI I think. I'd say he ranks up there in the Top 5. Kandi man is a pretty big bust. Sam Bowie is #1 of course. The only thing Kwame has going for him is that his draft class was kind of weak. But still. He's horrible.

I'd happily trade Kwame, Bynum, VRad and whatever to the Pacers for JO and Troy Murphy!

Good post.

I just wanted to add that Nate Robinson is 5'7" and got a block on Yao.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #173
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

I know but I was being nice. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Good post.

I just wanted to add that Nate Robinson is 5'7" and got a block on Yao.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #174
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:

Toda'ys shaq is not better than Yao. You can say all you want about impact on the game but read what happens when Shaq puts his team on his back. Sweep! One on one, Yao 36 pts, 14 boards. Thank You. Don't ignore reality.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #175
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

You conveniently forgot to mention the first round exit by Yao and the Rockets.

Again.

All Rockets fans seem to forget that...

Oh, and the year they didn't even make the playoffs. The Heat haven't missed the playoffs since Shaq-daddy came to town, AND they have a ring.

Since everyone considers "Today's Shaq" to be 2004-present...

"Today's Shaq" > Yao Ming

I can't believe a Rockets fan is whining about D-Wade, for all the (undeserved) accolades they heap on Tracy "Sore Back I Don't Know If I Want To Play Anymore Life Is Hard" McGrady.

At least Kobe whines about how his team sucks (which it does). T-Mac just whines. And cries.

Quote:
Toda'ys shaq is not better than Yao. You can say all you want about impact on the game but read what happens when Shaq puts his team on his back. Sweep! One on one, Yao 36 pts, 14 boards. Thank You. Don't ignore reality.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #176
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
I know but I was being nice. :)

Now i'm going to ask you if you're 13. Guess who won the game at the end. and i'm glad you're putting another player on yao because you know Shaq can't beat Yao. Yes, come up with videos and pictures to cover up the truth that Yao is the best center in the NBA.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #177
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

You seem to forget that when Wade went down the Miami Heat had one of the best records going into the playoffs during that stretch, due to the fact that Shaq put the team on his back.

Now on the other hand, Two arguable top 10 players on the same team and they can't get out of the first round???? Wow, just Wow.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #178
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Should I post some videos and pictures of Shaq hoisting the championship trophy with D-Wade and receiving his ring for their Finals victory that year?

Or do I need to add pictures and videos of the Rockets going home at the end of round 1 again? Or how about some videos of T-Mac crying after they scrub out in the first round AGAIN?

Quote:
Now i'm going to ask you if you're 13. Guess who won the game at the end. and i'm glad you're putting another player on yao because you know Shaq can't beat Yao. Yes, come up with videos and pictures to cover up the truth that Yao is the best center in the NBA.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #179
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
You conveniently forgot to mention the first round exit by Yao and the Rockets.

Again.

All Rockets fans seem to forget that...

Oh, and the year they didn't even make the playoffs. The Heat haven't missed the playoffs since Shaq-daddy came to town, AND they have a ring.

Since everyone considers "Today's Shaq" to be 2004-present...

"Today's Shaq" > Yao Ming

I can't believe a Rockets fan is whining about D-Wade, for all the (undeserved) accolades they heap on Tracy "Sore Back I Don't Know If I Want To Play Anymore Life Is Hard" McGrady.

At least Kobe whines about how his team sucks (which it does). T-Mac just whines. And cries.

The reality is Kobe wants to get traded. He wanted Shaq to leave, why is he whining now. Shaq is old and he's not better than Yao. Rockets actually a chance to pass the first round, no sweep! Game seven. Rockets miss the playoffs or not, that's team we're talking about. Don't change the subject. Yao is better than Shaq. Steps on the court and he's better now. WHAT A STUPID COMMENT!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #180
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

It's like this every year. But for once, those who are predicting they miss the playoffs have a good point. The whole West has improved...Kobe has made demands for Lakers to do something to improve, but they have done NOTHING.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: