Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
And talent wise 4th, because the Clippers with healthy Brand and Livingston are also better.
Livingston?I have a better jumpshot than him
Even with Brand healthy their 3rd best

Anaheim Arsenal is the 4th best team in California
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #17
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,169
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Man, I feel bad for defending the Celtics with you. Your blatant hate of the Lakers is obvious.

Lakers are the best team in California.

Kobe > Baron
Odom (when healthy and motivated) > Jackson (isn't he still in jail?)

The Kings? Get out of town. They were a lotto team.

The Clippers? Brand just got out of Achilles surgery. Livingston is still messed up from that bad injury.

Dang. Lakers will make the playoffs next year. 6-8 seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
And talent wise 4th, because the Clippers with healthy Brand and Livingston are also better.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #18
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 5,246
glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggetts, Hornets, and Warriors. Those are my playoff teams. What's so difficult to understand about that? This is considering that J O'Neal won't be on the Lakers. Why do Laker fans always over-value the Lakers?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #19
Sharas
Great college starter
 
Sharas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B&H
Posts: 3,125
Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

kobe > baron and odom > jackson, so lakers > warriors?

only on ISH.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,169
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Why do Laker h@ters under value the Lakers? Kobe carries a team full of other team's trash to the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggetts, Hornets, and Warriors. Those are my playoff teams. What's so difficult to understand about that? This is considering that J O'Neal won't be on the Lakers. Why do Laker fans always over-value the Lakers?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #21
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,169
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Only on ISH would people say a lotto bound team and a team that lost it's two best players to serious injuries are greater than a playoff team...

Only on ISH.

I was matching up the "stars", in case you couldn't tell...

Didn't think a position by position breakdown was necessary.

Besides, if Kobe "is" the Lakers, isn't that all that matters?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
kobe > baron and odom > jackson, so lakers > warriors?

only on ISH.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,311
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

[quote=Optimus Prime]Man, I feel bad for defending the Celtics with you. Your blatant hate of the Lakers is obvious.

Lakers are the best team in California.

Quote:
Kobe > Baron

during the course of a game yes, in the clutch ask Dallas.


Quote:
Odom (when healthy and motivated) > Jackson (isn't he still in jail?)
Odom has been an underachiever his whole career thus far, he has virtually been a undersized "if"
Comparing PF's with SG's classic statement from a classic dude.


Quote:
Dang. Lakers will make the playoffs next year. 6-8 seed.

The eight seed is a possibility. Nothing more than that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #23
Sharas
Great college starter
 
Sharas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B&H
Posts: 3,125
Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Only on ISH would people say a lotto bound team and a team that lost it's two best players to serious injuries are greater than a playoff team...

Only on ISH.

I was matching up the "stars", in case you couldn't tell...

Didn't think a position by position breakdown was necessary.

Besides, if Kobe "is" the Lakers, isn't that all that matters?


and which one is a lotto bound team? i didn't mention the clippers. although healthy clippers are a tossup against lakers.

you had one win more than warriors last year. ONE. and they were utterly devastated by injuries, even more than lakers. IMO they're a better team right now.

you haven't got a third option comparable to al harrington. or fourth comparable to monta ellis. biedrins is better than kwame. bench is way better. they've got all the right guys for their system and will be better than last season.
again, if lakers don't get JO.

even if you think current lakers are better than current warriors (which i don't), you have to admit it's debatable.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #24
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Why do Laker ****** under value the Lakers? Kobe carries a team full of other team's trash to the playoffs.
But that was the kinda motivated Kobe
Kobe NOW has no faith at all in the Lakers franchise,if they can acquire Jermaine O'Neal without trading Lamar Odom,they're a Top 6 team
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #25
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 5,246
glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Why do Laker h@ters under value the Lakers? Kobe carries a team full of other team's trash to the playoffs.

My prediction isn't unrealistic. It's very possible that the Lakers without O'Neal and with Kobe staying, will be only as good as they were last year. It's very possible that teams like the Hornets and Warriors will pass them by.
Moreso than in any other year, if the Lakers start playing mediocre ball then Kobe will start pouting and making demands. Chemistry problems could arise.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #26
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,477
LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Lakers are easily better than the Hornets. why?


Odom can do what Chandler can do, rebound, play defense and score. different positions, Odom is better overall. As in assists, defense, scoring.


Chris Paul? Ok he's a point guard, but Chris Paul isn't any better than Kobe Bryant.

Peja S? I don't follow him, but all I know is that he takes three pointers.


Luke Walton was putting solid averages in the regular season before taking an injury. Odom could have made the all star, if he didn't get injured. Kwame Brown was putting up 9.0 ppg, 7 Rpg, 2 apg, 1.4 bpg, and 1.2spg before getting injured.

The Lakers can play without Kobe, done before. the lakers are 3 wins and 2 losses without Kobe in the lineu for the 2007 season.

Last edited by LakerWarrior12 : 08-08-2007 at 01:21 PM.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #27
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,169
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Whoops. The Kings picked 10th. My bad. Very close to lotto though. :)

Injuries, injuries...every team supposedly has been "decimated" by injuries. Injuries are a part of the game. Every team has them. How many games did Kobe miss last year? Odom? I'm too lazy to look it up.

It sure is debatable. No way I'm saying the Lakers are WAY greater than the Warriors. But, the Warriors don't have a Kobe. Kobe is a take over the game guy. Clutch last second game winning shots guy. Carry a bunch of misfits to the playoffs kind of guy.

Kobe + a bunch of NBA D-Leaguers = playoffs. Which is close to what it is now...

Plus, the Warriors lost J-Rich. The Lakers have Fisher, and he has one more 0.4 shot left in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
and which one is a lotto bound team? i didn't mention the clippers. although healthy clippers are a tossup against lakers.

you had one win more than warriors last year. ONE. and they were utterly devastated by injuries, even more than lakers. IMO they're a better team right now.

you haven't got a third option comparable to al harrington. or fourth comparable to monta ellis. biedrins is better than kwame. bench is way better. they've got all the right guys for their system and will be better than last season.
again, if lakers don't get JO.

even if you think current lakers are better than current warriors (which i don't), you have to admit it's debatable.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #28
Sharas
Great college starter
 
Sharas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B&H
Posts: 3,125
Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Lakers are easily better than the Hornets. why?


Odom can do what Chandler can do, rebound, play defense and score. different positions, Odom is better overall. As in assists, defense, scoring.


Chris Paul? Ok he's a point guard, but Chris Paul isn't any better than Kobe Bryant.

Peja S? I don't follow him, but all I know is that he takes three pointers.


Luke Walton was putting solid averages in the regular season before taking an injury. Odom could have made the all star, if he didn't get injured. Kwame Brown was putting up 9.0 ppg, 7 Rpg, 2 apg, 1.4 bpg, and 1.2spg before getting injured.

The Lakers can play without Kobe, done before. the lakers are 3 wins and 2 losses without Kobe in the lineu for the 2007 season.

healthy hornets aren't worse than current lakers. they had 39 wins with their second or third option out for a nearly whole season. with numerous injuries to other players. with mo-pete signing, healthy peja, julian wright and paul and chandler improving even more, they should be AT VERY LEAST on lakers level.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,311
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Lakers are easily better than the Hornets. why?


Odom can do what Chandler can do, rebound, play defense and score. different positions, Odom is better overall. As in assists, defense, scoring.

The Lakers can play without Kobe, done before. the lakers are 3 wins and 2 losses without Kobe in the lineu for the 2007 season.

When comparing teams it makes more sense to compare players in similar positions.

Odom and Chandler cannot be compared.

By the way adress chandler blocks per game and where do you get odom is a better rebounder from? Chandler was one of the league leaders in rebounds last year along with blocked shots.

And I know you are not saying that if Kobe went down with an injury the Lakers would win more?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,169
Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?

Good luck with that one. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
healthy hornets aren't worse than current lakers. they had 39 wins with their second or third option out for a nearly whole season. with numerous injuries to other players. with mo-pete signing, healthy peja, julian wright and paul and chandler improving even more, they should be AT VERY LEAST on lakers level.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy