Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default KG hypocrisy

I'm just curious about something. KG's been pretty much completely forgotten the last 3 years because his team kept missing the playoffs.
Sure, KG put up great stats and was still the same player as ever, if not better but he was off the radar and many people started putting likes of Nash and Dirk in front of him.

However, now KG is on a great team and he"ll start winning again.

Will he get back on the radar and will people start treating him as top 5 where he undoubtably belongs?

See, what I'm talking about is this.

He's the same damn player. This season, last 3 seasons, a season before that.....he hasn't changed, he hasn't declined.

Yet he was treated like royalty 4 seasons ago while the last 3 he was pretty much a non factor to many people..

Yet...the same player. Don't you see a hypocrsy? He will get picked higher only because...he"ll be on a better team.

And just for the record, KG was always a top 5 for me. Top 3 in fact. Kobe, Duncan and KG.

Here's a thread about it from before KG got traded to the Celts.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39684

Will he again be considered a top 5 or even the best player in the league because he"ll be on a good team?
If yes then what the hell is wrong with standards today? What are the standards? Being on the good team? And getting all the credit for winning when in fact basketball's a 5 on 5 game and there are many factors involved?
No one was able to win by himself. Not Wilt, not MJ and not KG. Hope you get the point.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:08 AM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: KG hypocrisy

This is normal for ISH. They have attention spans that only last until the next game. If a player can throw down some crazy dunks, they're more likely to get recognized than a solid core player who has been doing their job for the last 5 years.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
I'm just curious about something. KG's been pretty much completely forgotten the last 3 years because his team kept missing the playoffs.
Sure, KG put up great stats and was still the same player as ever, if not better but he was off the radar and many people started putting likes of Nash and Dirk in front of him.

However, now KG is on a great team and he"ll start winning again.

Will he get back on the radar and will people start treating him as top 5 where he undoubtably belongs?

See, what I'm talking about is this.

He's the same damn player. This season, last 3 seasons, a season before that.....he hasn't changed, he hasn't declined.

Yet he was treated like royalty 4 seasons ago while the last 3 he was pretty much a non factor to many people..

Yet...the same player. Don't you see a hypocrsy? He will get picked higher only because...he"ll be on a better team.

And just for the record, KG was always a top 5 for me. Top 3 in fact. Kobe, Duncan and KG.

Here's a thread about it from before KG got traded to the Celts.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39684

Will he again be considered a top 5 or even the best player in the league because he"ll be on a good team?
If yes then what the hell is wrong with standards today? What are the standards? Being on the good team? And getting all the credit for winning when in fact basketball's a 5 on 5 game and there are many factors involved?
No one was able to win by himself. Not Wilt, not MJ and not KG. Hope you get the point.
and TD wasn't on anybodys top 5 before the Play offs. It was Nash Dirk Kobe Bron Wade/Gil/Melo....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember some Lebron >>>>> KG threads
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

i rank him just below duncan and dirk, and on same level with kobe. no one else comes close to KG's total impact on the game.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #6
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
and TD wasn't on anybodys top 5 before the Play offs. It was Nash Dirk Kobe Bron Wade/Gil/Melo....

Nah, maybe taht was your top 5, but for the real knowledgable people here Timmy has been at least top 3 for the last 7-8 years.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
DaBull
I brick open layups

DaBull has an OK reputation so far

I have always held KG to a high standard, always felt bad for him being stuck in Sotta. Thank God hes out now he can shine
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

I have always rated KG as one of the best players in the current NBA. He's the only reason the T-Wolves ever won ANY games, even when they sucked horribly. They'd probably be the first 0-82 team without KG these past few years...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
i rank him just below duncan and dirk, and on same level with kobe. no one else comes close to KG's total impact on the game.

So you rank Dirk higher than Kobe?!?!?...................
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Fluffy Bird
Banned

Fluffy Bird has an OK reputation so far

KG plays hard every night, but he and TMac are basically compilers until they prove otherwise.
Fluffy Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #11
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

thats the gayest avatar on ish
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #12
Fluffy Bird
Banned

Fluffy Bird has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
thats the gayest avatar on ish

from the guy who has 'thou' in his user name.

Fluffy Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #13
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Last season he was a regular on the Top 10 in the nba.com MVP race. He's always been one of the top players in the league to me, whether he plays with Spree and Sam and wins 58 or plays with Tom and Jerry and win 2 games. KG has been slammed for not having a ring, or not even making it to the Finals, but I don't buy all of that, because KG has always been slammed for the hell of it. KG was 20/10/4 with almost 2 blocks and steals at like 22, and he was still being slammed for not being more selfish, of all things.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #14
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
So you rank Dirk higher than Kobe?!?!?...................

in terms of total impact on game, yes. not saying it isn't debatable, but it's my opinion. if i had to choose one of them, right now it would be dirk (if we don't count marketing reasons). dirk has consistently shown for past 3 years that he CAN carry a good/great team on his back.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #15
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

Just something to think about. KG has always put up the best stats and has been in the top two in fantasy drafts for 4 years but he hasn't really played with any other great players. Paul and Ray are going to take some bites out of his stats. People might see his stats dropping and say he's not as good as he used to be.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: