Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #16
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Question about a Car Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
More like unlucky...sorry man but your friend is the one that deserved to die in that wreck.
Not trying to be an ******* but seriously, she shouldve gotten a taxi or not driven at all.

This question should be directed towards a lawyer not ISH.

A GOOD lawyer I might add. 15-20 MPH over the speed limit, falling asleep at the wheel, driving on the wrong side, killing 3 and leaving the other a paraplegic. Good luck explaining that to a judge.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:37 AM   #17
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

hold up. .. she killed someone. For her not to get jail time is rediculous. It's her ****ing fault she fell asleep. Its not like something went wrong with her car and she couldn't control it. She should get at least 30 years in jail.
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #18
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
hold up. .. she killed someone. For her not to get jail time is rediculous. It's her ****ing fault she fell asleep. Its not like something went wrong with her car and she couldn't control it. She should get at least 30 years in jail.

She killed 3 someones, and the 4th will probably die young anyway since people who are paralyzed do not live long after their accident. 30 years is pretty harsh considering murderers can get out in 17 pending good behavior.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #19
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

involuntary man is 2 -5 years
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #20
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball

If that were the case Ted Kennedy would be representing Massachusetts from behind bars.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #21
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
A GOOD lawyer I might add. 15-20 MPH over the speed limit, falling asleep at the wheel, driving on the wrong side, killing 3 and leaving the other a paraplegic. Good luck explaining that to a judge.

She was only 10 kmh over the speed limit. Which is like.. 5 mph? I don't know how the conversion goes.

And I just found out, just now, that she didn't fall asleep. She claims the car went out of control. Also, she shouldn't have been driving but I dunno.

It was late and she was driving to Fort McMurray from Calgary, about a 5 hours drive.
And it was getting late. Her husband and 9 year old daughter were also in the car but they escaped with collarbone fractures and spinal fractures.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 AM   #22
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
She was only 10 kmh over the speed limit. Which is like.. 5 mph? I don't know how the conversion goes.

And I just found out, just now, that she didn't fall asleep. She claims the car went out of control. Also, she shouldn't have been driving but I dunno.

It was late and she was driving to Fort McMurray from Calgary, about a 5 hours drive.
And it was getting late. Her husband and 9 year old daughter were also in the car but they escaped with collarbone fractures and spinal fractures.

You didn't mention that either. Passengers also injured, one of them a child. Spinal fractures of all injuries? Wow, I don't know what to say now.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #23
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Sorry, I meant my friend.
Her husband and daughter were in the car.
Spinal fracture wasn't that serious.
No long term effects.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:46 AM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hawker will probably say her kid and husband should have died too to even things out.:rollingeyes:
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 AM   #25
Cavs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
involuntary man is 2 -5 years

She ain't gonna get IM unless it can be proved she was doing something completely reckless like speeding excessively. Even if she were to get convicted of vehicular manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide, the average time served is like a year at most.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #26
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Hawker will probably say her kid and husband should have died too to even things out.:rollingeyes:

no, its not their fault. Only person at fault is the driver.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
no, its not their fault. Only person at fault is the driver.

My bad, Hawker wished her kid would have had her mother's brain painted on her face.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:58 AM   #28
Cavs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

That would be the wrong to say. However if things were fair in the world, it would have been her family that suffered mostly for her mistake and not the other cars'.....
Old 08-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #29
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
That would be the wrong to say. However if things were fair in the world, it would have been her family that suffered mostly for her mistake and not the other cars'.....

What if one of the victims was a drug dealer?

Fair shouldn't be talked about. Life will be fair when God chooses for it to be.

Fact is, no one should say someone else deserved to die if they truly mean it. People like Hawker don't think about how many people get effected by ****....no, let the other one die...her family won't care. What was that? Rather her family than the other family. Cause one ****ed up family is different than another, right?:rollingeyes:
Old 08-09-2007, 03:04 AM   #30
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

a civil liability is for certain, leaving her broke forever
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: