Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: Hypothetical Question About A Nuclear Attack

well first off you just blew up my city so i'll have to be somebody else for now...
if this actually happened the world is in for a rough time and there needs to be a complete rethink about our place in the world... if i'm the president here's what i do....

Recall all troops from the middle east, give israel our full blessing and tell em to have fun.

hit back hard ASAP within a few days identify all AQ and countries that support them as targets...

oil is going to be at a premium sorry folks but this is a new world and we can't play nice guy, we'll need to take some... invade venezuala and take control of the oil fields...

consolidate allies, halt all aid and any assistance to any country that says "boo"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Asians also have a reputation for being "legal"

that was the point right?...

by the way...MS-13 is probably the most violent gang in the history of this country....and they are spreading at an alarming rate. They make Crips and Bloods look like Mr. Rogers.

some have killed children with a machete to get into the gang....sick stuff
Someone needs to photoshop Mr Rogers as a crip.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Someone needs to photoshop Mr Rogers as a crip.
haha i wish i could photoshop better
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #19
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller

Walk hand, in symbolic hand, with Israel as we systematically destroy every single Muslim country in existence, so the chances of something like this ever happening again is greatly, greatly reduced.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
Walk hand, in symbolic hand, with Israel as we systematically destroy every single Muslim country in existence, so the chances of something like this ever happening again is greatly, greatly reduced.
umm...is that Panda getting a blow job?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #21
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
A draft will most likely happen.

Charlie Rangel tried at least three times in the last five years, and it didn't work. The chances are less and less likely each time it is proposed. Even if that was the situation, a draft won't happen. Too many people are anti-war. I remember reading a newspaper article about a year ago, and it said 65-70% are against a draft.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #22
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha i wish i could photoshop better

Me too. I seriously want to see a pic of Mr Rogers as a crip.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller

Quote:
umm...is that Panda getting a blow job?

Well the other Panda ain't down there looking for dropped quarters...
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #24
sunsfan1357
Word.

Heilige, with your plan (specificall points 4, 7, 9) wouldn't that be more detrimental to what the U.S. will try to do? If you get rid of all illegal immigrants and basically abandon the faith of the government in immigrant period aren't you more likely to create more enemies and turn people to the anti-U.S. groups that nuked us? Also, given your plan, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of nations that disagree with your plan of action so are you just going to alienate just about the whole world?

Also given the amount of recovery needed how would you expect us to save lives, try and protect cities that aren't hit, attack all radical Muslim organizations, and get rid of all despotic leaders? You're plan will not only turn the world against the U.S. but also by alienating as many people as you plan to you're going to turn the U.S. against itself.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #25
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Heilige, with your plan (specificall points 4, 7, 9) wouldn't that be more detrimental to what the U.S. will try to do? If you get rid of all illegal immigrants and basically abandon the faith of the government in immigrant period aren't you more likely to create more enemies and turn people to the anti-U.S. groups that nuked us? Also, given your plan, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of nations that disagree with your plan of action so are you just going to alienate just about the whole world?

Also given the amount of recovery needed how would you expect us to save lives, try and protect cities that aren't hit, attack all radical Muslim organizations, and get rid of all despotic leaders? You're plan will not only turn the world against the U.S. but also by alienating as many people as you plan to you're going to turn the U.S. against itself.
although I agree that his plan has its flaws..

If 5 major cities were to get nuked do we really give 2 sh-its about our "relations" with other countries?

at that point waving a white flag is out of the question...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #26
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
although I agree that his plan has its flaws..

If 5 major cities were to get nuked do we really give 2 sh-its about our "relations" with other countries?

at that point waving a white flag is out of the question...
Seeing as how most of our resources would be decimated I think we would want more than a few allies.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #27
-primetime-

Quote:
Seeing as how most of our resources would be decimated I think we would want more than a few allies.
resources?

who gives a sh-it about resources...?

there would be nuclear fallout all over the place...

do you think people will be selling gas the next day?

the stock market would crash...money would be worth nothing...it would be like the movie Mad Max...every man for themsef....and you are worried about our relations with muslum coutries?

they hate us...they will always hate us...and I can't believe I am about to quote Bush but the fact that we are free does factor into thier hate for us...

nothing is going to fix that.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #28
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

F-it. If we glow in the dark, get M.A.D.- Matually Assured Destruction. Turn the deserts of Arabia into a glass parking lot. Leave this messed up planet to the scorpions and the roaches. If that many nukes were deployed to destroy that many cities of ours, the nuclear winter would destroy the worlds largest source of food (the great plains). Not to mention the fall out. Most of North America would become a mutant breeding ground at best. The winds would then carry it across the Atlantic and make Europe glow like a Roman Candle. So F-it. Wipe the slate clean for the next phase in evolution. Maybe they'll be a little smarter than we were.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
resources?

who gives a sh-it about resources...?

there would be nuclear fallout all over the place...

do you think people will be selling gas the next day?

the stock market would crash...money would be worth nothing...it would be like the movie Mad Max...every man for themsef....and you are worried about our relations with muslum coutries?

they hate us...they will always hate us...and I can't believe I am about to quote Bush but the fact that we are free does factor into thier hate for us...

nothing is going to fix that.

by resources I mean what we would actually have to fight with...unless you think we would be able to care for victims, get rid of immigrants, jail naysayers, get rid of despotic leaders, and bomb the radicals by ourselves after having 6 major cities destroyed.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:
by resources I mean what we would actually have to fight with...unless you think we would be able to care for victims, get rid of immigrants, jail naysayers, get rid of despotic leaders, and bomb the radicals by ourselves after having 6 major cities destroyed.
the war would be fought with one stealth bomber...

one stealth bomber is all it takes to wipe out an entire country...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: