Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wrench thrown in evolution theory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
So thats why its the accepted form of dating by the world scientific community. To think, science makes no sense.
And I take take it your a creationists? I would love nothing more than to stay up rip countless holes through your theories, but I must retire for the night. At least evolution can answer more questions than it creates. Also shows why there are multiple forms of specie. A lot more reasonable than God wanting to play house.

So I do you also believe in the BIG BANG theory as the beginnin of the earth?
Which is about as logical as having a giant pile of metal rubble parts, then blowing it up, and the parts falling into place as 100 747's.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So thats why its the accepted form of dating by the world scientific community. To think, science makes no sense.
And I take take it your a creationists? I would love nothing more than to stay up rip countless holes through your theories, but I must retire for the night. At least evolution can answer more questions than it creates. Also shows why there are multiple forms of specie. A lot more reasonable than God wanting to play house.

He plagiarized the whole thing from: http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ2.html
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #18
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Which is about as logical as having a giant pile of metal rubble parts, then blowing it up, and the parts falling into place as 100 747's.

You sound like you know nothing about the Big Bang theory. How about instead of assuming it's wrong, you do some research on the subject. It's a lot more complicated than everything "falling into place".
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070808/...uman_evolution

Quote:
Susan Anton, a New York University anthropologist and co-author of the Leakey work, said she expects anti-evolution proponents to seize on the new research, but said it would be a mistake to try to use the new work to show flaws in evolution theory.

"This is not questioning the idea at all of evolution; it is refining some of the specific points," Anton said. "This is a great example of what science does and religion doesn't do. It's a continous self-testing process."

Take that, religion!

I'm sure people over on this site would love to debate the Hydroplate Theory with you G-train:

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=216796
http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=216624
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That's one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Ya, a big piece of asteroid flew into the earth and everything broke apart and fell into place and formed a man and a woman. You're a joke man.

Are you even in high school yet? Taken Biology?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #21
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

"My name is Jesus Christ. I'll punch you in your Christ."

Metatorphians 4:38

explains everything......
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

There are roughly 100 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, it only took one, the Sun, to support life on an orbiting planet. That's a ratio of 1:1,000,000,000.

The Pinwheel galaxy has 1 Trillion stars, 100 billion of which are roughly the same mass, temperature, luminosity, etc. of the Sun, so there is a very strong possibility that they could also support life as well. I still fail to see any designed order in this, only chaos and vastness. Where is the intelligent design here?

It is by completely random chance that Earth has life and no other planet in our solar system does.

As already pointed out, you do not know what you are taking about and simply copy and paste someone else's argument. Come up with your own material.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:35 AM   #23
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
You have evolution and adaptation confused. look it up.

How is growing exponentially taller as a species considered adaptation?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #24
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does this guy really expect us to take him seriously when it is clear he gets his scientific knowledge from "creationscience.com"?

Quote:
One limitation is that the radiocarbon technique dates only material that was once part of an animal or plant, such as bones, flesh, or wood. It cannot date rocks directly.

You do realize that carbon dating is not the only source for radioactive dating? They don't use carbon for rocks, instead they usually use potassium and argon, where K decays into an isotope of argon (half life of this decay is slightly over a billion years) and then they use the ratio of K to Ar to calculate the age of the rock.

Quote:

Nice exaggeration but rocks falling into place to form 747's would clearly be a non-spontaneous process and it is a known fact the universe only favors spontaneous processes. And there is actual evidence for the big bang such as the expansion of the universe (shown by the movement of galaxies), correct predictions of the relative amounts of hydrogen/helium and because it correctly predicts a type of background radiation that would exist if the big bang occurred. I admit I don't know much about the theory, my physics book devoted only two pages to the whole thing but that sounds more logical than your big "poof" theory.

I find it hilarious people put more faith in garbage books (bible, quran etc.) written by people who had a limited view and knowledge of the world, than actual physical observations. I think the most rational view to adopt would be that there may be a supernatural creator who sort jumpstarted the universe but left it be after the creation (ie. the laws of physics then took over).
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: