Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I kicked it with Rockets rookie Aaron Brooks last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
He transferred. Anyone know where?
http://oregon.scout.com/2/633457.html
He hasn't decided yet. I can see if anyone know where he's going.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #17
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I kicked it with MJ last night at a bar in Wilmington. You know, because that's his old 'hood and everything. I don't have any pictures or proof but trust me! It happened! :)

Which one of the Rockets broke it off in your girlfriend (if you even have one). Seems like every thread thats even remotely Rockets related you got to pop in and hate on it. You hate just for the sake of hating.

Why the hell would this guy fabricate a story like this? If I was him I wouldn't of taken pictures either. Thats probably one of the reasons Brooks wasn't gaurded and kicked it a little bit. I mean whats worse than trying to enjoy yourself and have a good time than somebody starts taking pictures of you, then you have to worry if your pic is going to end up on Drunk athlete.com or some **** like Dirk and Nash.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #18
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

MJ is over in Charlotte. MJ is from Wilmington. I live in North Carolina. How can you say my story is bull but his is true? I have provided just as much proof as he has (none). Anybody could make up anything, especially with the kids on this board.

Seems like Rockets fans will whine about everything and take everything personal against their beloved franchise. I was just proving a point that this guy's story has ZERO credibility, yet yall are accepting it as fact.

Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Which one of the Rockets broke it off in your girlfriend (if you even have one). Seems like every thread thats even remotely Rockets related you got to pop in and hate on it. You hate just for the sake of hating.

Why the hell would this guy fabricate a story like this? If I was him I wouldn't of taken pictures either. Thats probably one of the reasons Brooks wasn't gaurded and kicked it a little bit. I mean whats worse than trying to enjoy yourself and have a good time than somebody starts taking pictures of you, then you have to worry if your pic is going to end up on Drunk athlete.com or some **** like Dirk and Nash.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #19
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
So I attend the University of Oregon, Aaron Brooks' alma mater, and was out drinking and shooting some billiards on Wednesday night. My partner and I won our game, and two guys stepped up asking if we wanted to go doubles, and sure enough one was campus quasi-legend Aaron Brooks. So of course I'm down to play doubles against one of my favorite NBA players.

I complimented him on his acheivements in college and his drafting into the NBA. I mentioned him being named as part of the USA Basketball Select Team, and he said he was very proud to don the red-white-and-blue and he really wanted to eventually make the real national team. He called the U.S. getting bronze medals in basketball bull$**** and that it would never happen with him on the team.

The conversation eventually turned to the Rockets, and already how they have championship aspirations. I asked how he felt being so far down the depth chart behind proven NBA point-guards, and he said that other than Rafer who will be traded soon, he sees no real point guards on the team other than himself. Also, he sees himself playing significant minutes and making a serious contribution to a playoff team.

Other than that he said he's ready to prove himself and prove the teams wrong that passed on him in the draft. He said can't wait to play his first game, score his first bucket, and record his first blocked shot (he has alot of sweet blocks in college despite being 5'11")

We played some games with his buddy, had some drinks, and talked various basketball. In terms of pool, Brooks had some game but his partner sucked, so needless to say my partner and I kicked ass.

Overall, he was still the same laid back and modest guy he was in college, and didn't act at all like he's guaranteed over $2 million over the next two years.
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
MJ is over in Charlotte. MJ is from Wilmington. I live in North Carolina. How can you say my story is bull but his is true? I have provided just as much proof as he has (none). Anybody could make up anything, especially with the kids on this board....

I was just proving a point that this guy's story has ZERO credibility, yet yall are accepting it as fact.
Well, if you picked someone other than Mike Jordan people might have went along with it. However, you didn't.

You picked a guy that's notoriously aloof, has his primary residence in Illinois, is known to spend large chunks of the summer in Hawaii and Las Vegas, and is one of the five most recognizable men in the world.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #21
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

:)

Still, I just said it to prove a point. How it got conceived as "Rocket bashing" is mind boggling to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Well, if you picked someone other than Mike Jordan people might have went along with it. However, you didn't.

You picked a guy that's notoriously aloof, has his primary residence in Illinois, is known to spend large chunks of the summer in Hawaii and Las Vegas, and is one of the five most recognizable men in the world.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #22
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
MJ is over in Charlotte. MJ is from Wilmington. I live in North Carolina. How can you say my story is bull but his is true? I have provided just as much proof as he has (none). Anybody could make up anything, especially with the kids on this board.

Seems like Rockets fans will whine about everything and take everything personal against their beloved franchise. I was just proving a point that this guy's story has ZERO credibility, yet yall are accepting it as fact.

Whatever.

Well, going off your past history I thought you were being a smartass and sarcastic.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #23
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:

Still, I just said it to prove a point.

So you were just being a smart ass.........
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #24
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

No. I was actually doing a PSA for all the folks you were acting like this really happened. Could it possibly happen? Sure. Did it probably happen? I doubt it. And there is no proof other than a random anonymous poster on the Internets...

Possible <> Probable

Quote:
So you were just being a smart ass.........
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #25
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:

Still, I just said it to prove a point. How it got conceived as "Rocket bashing" is mind boggling to me.

Every single Rocket thread or anything that has to do with the Rockets you have to pop off with some stupid ass comment.

But don't worry I don't take them seriously, because I don't take you seriously. I have a hard time taking people seriously when they don't even have a team they root for.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #26
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Welcome to two months ago. And this is pertinent to the OP how?

Sorry for trying to edumacate the youngins.

Quote:
Every single Rocket thread or anything that has to do with the Rockets you have to pop off with some stupid ass comment.

But don't worry I don't take them seriously, because I don't take you seriously. I have a hard time taking people seriously when they don't even have a team they root for.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #27
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:

Welcome to two months ago. And this is pertinent to the OP how?

Sorry for trying to edumacate the youngins.

Did you just refer to yourself in third person?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #28
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Haha I just noticed that. No, OP meant Original Post.

But that's pretty funny.

Quote:
Did you just refer to yourself in third person?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #29
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Too many rolling, laughing heads on this page......
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No. I was actually doing a PSA for all the folks you were acting like this really happened. Could it possibly happen? Sure. Did it probably happen? I doubt it. And there is no proof other than a random anonymous poster on the Internets...

Possible <> Probable

I know Chuck Hayes, in fact he helped teach me the game when I was younger. But I have no pictures, so I guess you HAVE to see it before you give it credability. So you're going to doubt me too right?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: