Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #31
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,859
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I agree with yoyu that he shouldn't be on this mount rushmore, but it's only because there are far greater football players in history, and, surprise surprise, they aren't American!

I don't particularly like something that is 'America only' (look at all the record books! They all have a section says 'US records' when nobody gives a crap about them and the books will probably be sold outside of US anyway). If I could have a Mount Rushmore of sports of the whole world:

Tiger Woods
Pele (voted greatest footballer of all time)
Michael Jordan

Finally, someone elses who agrees Pele should be up there. I'd go and find some videos, but it's pointless, as being as close minded as he is, he wouldn't even look at them.

By the way, I never said Becks should make it, just said he should be considered due to his popularity/rockstar status, just want to clear that up once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
obviously there is no arguing with you....

fuck it....

lets carve a mountain in the US of David Fucking Beckham right next to the heads of Ruth and Jordan

he sold a bunch of jerseys and has played a couple games here....he is obviously one of the GREATEST

What a surprise, you folded, and you say you can counter the arguments? Please. Never said he should be on it, because I said PELE should be on it, just said he should be considered due to his popularity.

The jersey sales were just to shut you up about nobody cares, and you panicked. Now, you want to make the claim he should be on it due to jersey sales? He has done more by the way, look at his career with ManU, Real Madrid and the EMNT[National Team, to make it clear for you]

Last edited by qrich : 08-11-2007 at 05:10 AM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:13 AM   #32
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I agree with yoyu that he shouldn't be on this mount rushmore, but it's only because there are far greater football players in history, and, surprise surprise, they aren't American!

I don't particularly like something that is 'America only' (look at all the record books! They all have a section says 'US records' when nobody gives a crap about them and the books will probably be sold outside of US anyway). If I could have a Mount Rushmore of sports of the whole world:

Tiger Woods
Pele (voted greatest footballer of all time)
Michael Jordan
but...surprise, surprise, Mt. Rushmore IS American!

Pele may be one of the greatest athletes ever....but not here....over here we know that Bo Jackson would eat him for breakfast

you are British I assume from the fact that you refer to them as "football players"....your opinion is biased
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #33
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
The jersey sales were just to shut you up about nobody cares, and you panicked. Now, you want to make the claim he should be on it due to jersey sales? He has done more by the way, look at his career with ManU, Real Madrid and the EMNT[National Team, to make it clear for you]
wait....what states are those cities in?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 AM   #34
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,859
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
but...surprise, surprise, Mt. Rushmore IS American!

Pele may be one of the greatest athletes ever....but not here....over here we know that Bo Jackson would eat him for breakfast

you are British I assume from the fact that you refer to them as "football players"....your opinion is biased

But surprise, surprise, sports don't stop when you leave the states, and the OP clearly stated that the person must have made a change or impact in the Sports, no matter what SPORT it is.

To strengthen my point that sports don't end at the end of the border, who won the WBC? Who won the olympic gold in basketball? Did the US only take the golds in the entire olympics?

Also, Pele did play in the US, just to let your small mind know that, and I did post it earlier. He played for the New York Cosmos of the NASL.

You are a close minded American, so I assume the fact that you think the sport is crap, makes your opinion biased, as you most likely haven't even gaven it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
wait....what states are those cities in?

Continueing to ignore most of my points eh. I didn't know sports only matter if they are in the states. So I guess the World Basketball Championships, nor any Olympic competition, nor the World Cup matters unless it's in the States? Surprising.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:18 AM   #35
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!
 
brantonli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 13433 km from Land of 2 Rings
Posts: 6,627
brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
but...surprise, surprise, Mt. Rushmore IS American!

Pele may be one of the greatest athletes ever....but not here....over here we know that Bo Jackson would eat him for breakfast

you are British I assume from the fact that you refer to them as "football players"....your opinion is biased

Oh not at all, I'm Chinese and I hate playing football.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #36
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
But surprise, surprise, sports don't stop when you leave the states, and the OP clearly stated that the person must have made a change or impact in the Sports, no matter what SPORT it is.

To strengthen my point that sports don't end at the end of the border, who won the WBC? Who won the olympic gold in basketball? Did the US only take the golds in the entire olympics?

Also, Pele did play in the US, just to let your small mind know that, and I did post it earlier. He played for the New York Cosmos of the NASL.

You are a close minded American, so I assume the fact that you think the sport is crap, makes your opinion biased, as you most likely haven't even gaven it a chance.



Continueing to ignore most of my points eh. I didn't know sports only matter if they are in the states. So I guess the World Basketball Championships, nor any Olympic competition, nor the World Cup matters unless it's in the States? Surprising.
Mt. Rushmore is a mountain carved into heads of American presidents...

but presidents don't stop when you leave the states do they?

I guess we should have included Tony Blair on that mountain....or Hitler?

Beckham is your man....not ours
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:25 AM   #37
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,859
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Mt. Rushmore is a mountain carved into heads of American presidents...

but presidents don't stop when you leave the states do they?

I guess we should have included Tony Blair on that mountain....or Hitler?

Beckham is your man....not ours

Like I said, OP never said American players, nor popular American sports did he, nor "american made" games did he? Exactly, nope he didn't.

And by your man, whose do you mean again? Kid, I'm from California, born and raised in the SFV, stop acting as if you know me.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:31 AM   #38
raid09
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,445
raid09 has decent reputation
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Lol @ primetime. Keep ignoring their points. Your rambling has actually made this the first time I have sympathized with soccer supporters over football ones, and that's difficult.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:36 AM   #39
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Like I said, OP never said American players, nor popular American sports did he, nor "american made" games did he? Exactly, nope he didn't.

And by your man, whose do you mean again? Kid, I'm from California, born and raised in the SFV, stop acting as if you know me.
doesn't he play for LA?

you are biased

that is like me saying that Dirtk should be on the mountain...

and I guess the OP didn't say "just american" but he did say "mt. rushmore"....that leads me to believe that Pele is out of the race...

be honest with me for a second here....do you really believe that Beckham is going to make soccer popular over here?...seriously?....put your hate aside for one second and consider the fact that maybe this is kinda like the XFL....it has some hype, but in the end we Americans want to watch the best there is, and that is not what MLS is...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:40 AM   #40
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,859
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
doesn't he play for LA?

So he plays for LA, what difference does that make? Juan Pablo Angel plays for NY? Carlos Pavon, Abel Xavier also play for LA? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Are you saying he wouldn't make these ticket/jersey sales if he played for, let's say, Kansas City? Please.

Quote:
you are biased

How so? Unlike you, I'm open minded.

Quote:
that is like me saying that Dirtk should be on the mountain...

How is it like that again? Did I even say he should be on it, or considered due to his popularity and how much he has impacted the game?

Quote:
and I guess the OP didn't say "just american" but he did say "mt. rushmore"....that leads me to believe that Pele is out of the race...

Not my fault you jumped to assumptions and made yourself look like an ass.

Quote:
be honest with me for a second here....do you really believe that Beckham is going to make soccer popular over here?...seriously?....put your hate aside for one second and consider the fact that maybe this is kinda like the XFL....it has some hype, but in the end we Americans want to watch the best there is, and that is not what MLS is...

How long has the MLS been around? Over a decade, how long was the XFL around for? Not that long. Shevy, Henry, Ballack[or was it Lampard], all big football names have stated interest in playing for the MLS, if you don't think those world class athletes can bring in fans, your making a fool of yourself.

Oh yeah, again, what did you mean by "Beckham is your man, not ours" again?

Last edited by qrich : 08-11-2007 at 05:45 AM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:41 AM   #41
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Lol @ primetime. Keep ignoring their points. Your rambling has actually made this the first time I have sympathized with soccer supporters over football ones, and that's difficult.
what points have I ignored?

soccer is nothing but hockey....just not on ice and not as much hitting

if we had all the greats over here like Ronaldino (how ever you spell it) it might be different...but we don't....we have to settle for an over paid pretty boy that is past his prime...

soccer is popular in other countries because they don't have the money to buy football equipment....any kid in Brazil can kick a ball around....in america we go thru school playing football and shooting a basketball...we understand what makes those sports supierior becuase we have the resources to play them...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #42
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Not my fault you jumped to assumptions and made yourself look like an ass.
you saying that Beckham should be considered is a missle I can shoot you down with at any time...

who is the ass?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:50 AM   #43
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,859
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
what points have I ignored?

Which haven't you?
Quote:
soccer is nothing but hockey....just not on ice and not as much hitting

Really? I didn't know soccer had a tiny net, nor sticks, nor a puck. Hockey takes a lot of skill to play, not going to put it down, but there is a reason soccer is the worlds greatest sport, and not hockey.

Quote:
if we had all the greats over here like Ronaldino (how ever you spell it) it might be different...but we don't....we have to settle for an over paid pretty boy that is past his prime...

Ronaldino? By that, do you mean C. Ronaldo, Ronaldo or Ronaldinho? Have you thought the MLS isn't as popular because it's barely in it's teens, while some of these power leagues in Europe are near centuries old? Or, maybe, the MLS has a SALARY CAP?

Quote:
soccer is popular in other countries because they don't have the money to buy football equipment....any kid in Brazil can kick a ball around....in america we go thru school playing football and shooting a basketball...we understand what makes those sports supierior becuase we have the resources to play them...

Typical American answer. You don't know ****, and this proves it. Any kid can throw a lemon shaped ball around, can't they? Any kid can shoot a basketball as well, can they not? Oh wait, that is why the NBA 'stars' are getting OWNED in International ball as of late. And if so called "football" is so great, why did NFL Europe collapse? If those sports are superior, why aren't they the Worlds game, like soccer is. So called "football" probably isn't even in the top 10 in the world. Cricket, Rugby both are ahead for sure, maybe throw in volleyball. Get out of here with your closed minded thinking *******, America isn't that superior when it comes to sports, if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
you saying that Beckham should be considered is a missle I can shoot you down with at any time...

who is the ass?

What the fuck did you just say? Way to ignore the rest of my post and points as well. Where did I say he's a missile, or should be considered one? Man, I thought fabablancas or whatever it's user name was, was an idiot, but you have easily surpassed him.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:55 AM   #44
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Dr Giggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Cristobal de La Laguna
Posts: 146
Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
what points have I ignored?

soccer is nothing but hockey....just not on ice and not as much hitting

if we had all the greats over here like Ronaldino (how ever you spell it) it might be different...but we don't....we have to settle for an over paid pretty boy that is past his prime...

soccer is popular in other countries because they don't have the money to buy football equipment....any kid in Brazil can kick a ball around....in america we go thru school playing football and shooting a basketball...we understand what makes those sports supierior becuase we have the resources to play them...

You are truly retarded if you think that the USA is the only country in the world where people can afford football equipment. If football hasn't taken off anywhere else in the world, it's not because of lack of money, look at hockey, really popular in northern Europe, baseball? Japan and central American countries love it, basketball? all over the world, football? just America, and believe me, it's not because of the money.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #45
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,618
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: If there was a Mount Rushmore of sports...

Just like Rushmore only has forefathers of America. Im assuming this is talking about American sports. Soccer players do not belong on Mount Rushmore. Because just like Pele couldn't save soccer in America, neither can Beckham. Sure he can come over here and be a star, but doesn't mean the sport is going to be all that popular.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy