Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #16
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki explored the meaning of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Listen Your moron, Iīll explin it to you. Basketball is played five on five, no player can beat another team by himself and no player in the league can post up, drive, hit threes, ftīs, pass, block and play defense like the best player in the world, everybody has a weakness. The point is to build a team that fits together as a unit. Shockingly the Spurs have won championships without Duncan knowing how to hit a three. :rollingeyes:

Kobe has no weaknesses in his skill set
MJ had no weaknesses in his skill set
Larry Bird had no weaknesses in his skill set (might not have been the greatest but it wasnt for lack of skill)
Steve Nash(not the greatest defender he skill work has no wholes in it)

Dirk is talented enough to pot up Stephen Jackson and monta Ellis on the low block he just doesnt, he rather go back into old habbits and start shooting more threes again..

Its not required to hit a 3, he cant be stopped closer to the basket so why drift and shoot threes...

Dirk can even post up Steve nash and Monta Ellis..That is a huge disadvantage to his team because that means the big next to Dirk has to make up those deficiencies..They have to be a really good defender, really good rebounder, and a low post presence...How many guys like that are in the league that would be able to play with Dirk to mask those defiencies...Maybe 5 tops...That why Dirk has to develop a post game because without it is to hard to bring in someone beside him to mask all his defiencies that a normal all nba 4 man would have

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 08-11-2007 at 04:20 PM.
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #17
artificial
:-P

Many come and bash that he's been looking for the meaning of life rather than working, still the article clearly states that he's been working like hell.

And after all, maybe it's not an efficient post game he needs, maybe he actually needs to find the meaning of life. I mean, dude has spent all his summers working and he still chokes. Maybe a meaning to his life will make him tough in the crunch. or not.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #18
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Dirk needs to spend the summer with the Cowboys. The guy needs to accept that contact is part of the game.

He's a great player, and he's good enough that he became a superstar and MVP by playing soft, but the guy needs to welcome physical play--not run from it.

all you have to do is handcheck the guy or get in his head and he's no more effective than Radmonovic.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #19
dhenk
Why do you care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa
i seriously thought this was a joke topic, or the article came from some joke site until i saw the nba.com link

They quote the Sportbild.Although it`s the european topselled magazine,it`s pretty crappy.Donīt take it serious...
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #20
-primetime-

I wish people would accept the fact that Dirk doesn't play in the post...

Avery played him at center against GS...it was Avery's bad

Dirk is an outside shooter that uses his height to shoot above everyone...he plays as though he is a 7 foot guard

people need to stop complaining about him not being shaq
Old 08-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #21
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Nobody will ever be Shaq.

People make fun of 7 foot big men who have worse post games than 6'6" SG's.
and they need to stop....he is not a post game shooter...

he is an outside shooter...like Keith Vanhorn, only much better

he does have somewhat of a post game...he can score in the post better than people like Ben Wallace or Rodman...did people give them this hard of a time?

how about complaining that Diop or Damp can't score in the post...they are they Mavs that are actually suposed to
Old 08-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #22
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
and they need to stop....he is not a post game shooter...

he does have somewhat of a post game...he can score in the post better than people like Ben Wallace or Rodman...did people give them this hard of a time?

how about complaining that Diop or Damp can't score in the post...they are they Mavs that are actually suposed to

He should play SG then. But he can't.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #23
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-

heh. that why I always thought Keefus was the best possible backup for Dirk. He is essentially Dirk Lite. Having him in the lineup meant the Mavs did not have ot completely change the way they ran offense when Dirk goes to the bench. Hell just watch, w/o him they may as well be the Hawks running around like chickens w/their heads cut off trying to go one on one.

Quote:

how about complaining that Diop or Damp can't score in the post...they are they Mavs that are actually supposed to

I never did get why people never rip on Wallace for his pathetic offensive game.

Dampier was not in the series b/c he had a torn muscle in his arm and couldnt secure the ball on rebounds. If you noticed, that last 10 or some game he played in all the sudden every ball he touched was a tip out and not a board. Diop is disgusting to watch on offense. I thought he was supposed to work on that in Summer L play but all I saw was him trying to shoot 18 foot jumpers.

But let the ****** hate. Dirk has improved something about his game EVERY year in the L. I fully expect his low post game to improve. You are right that he already has the high post and now teams try to take that away from him. He must adapt.

NOw for the idiots who continue to lay the playoff flame out at his feet, YES, he is their best player and had a crap series. However, you must also admit that GS was in fact throwing double and triples at Dirk and were doing a very good job keeping him from getting the ball where he likes it. THAT is where Dirks teammates failed miserably. If Dirk is even just getting doubled that means somebody should be free to do some damage. However Terry was a complete void, Harris STILL has not learned to pick and choose went o play tight D and was in constant foul trouble, GS laughed at the notion of guarding Dirk and Stack hurt the team as much as he helped it with his wildly inconsistent play. Howard for as well as he shot was a black hole on offense and it seemed GS was content to guard Dirk and hope that JHo couldnt carry the team. Guess what? He couldnt.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #24
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
heh. that why I always thought Keefus was the best possible backup for Dirk. He is essentially Dirk Lite. Having him in the lineup meant the Mavs did not have ot completely change the way they ran offense when Dirk goes to the bench. Hell just watch, w/o him they may as well be the Hawks running around like chickens w/their heads cut off trying to go one on one.

I never did get why people never rip on Wallace for his pathetic offensive game.

Dampier was not in the series b/c he had a torn muscle in his arm and couldnt secure the ball on rebounds. If you noticed, that last 10 or some game he played in all the sudden every ball he touched was a tip out and not a board. Diop is disgusting to watch on offense. I thought he was supposed to work on that in Summer L play but all I saw was him trying to shoot 18 foot jumpers.

But let the ****** hate. Dirk has improved something about his game EVERY year in the L. I fully expect his low post game to improve. You are right that he already has the high post and now teams try to take that away from him. He must adapt.

NOw for the idiots who continue to lay the playoff flame out at his feet, YES, he is their best player and had a crap series. However, you must also admit that GS was in fact throwing double and triples at Dirk and were doing a very good job keeping him from getting the ball where he likes it. THAT is where Dirks teammates failed miserably. If Dirk is even just getting doubled that means somebody should be free to do some damage. However Terry was a complete void, Harris STILL has not learned to pick and choose went o play tight D and was in constant foul trouble, GS laughed at the notion of guarding Dirk and Stack hurt the team as much as he helped it with his wildly inconsistent play. Howard for as well as he shot was a black hole on offense and it seemed GS was content to guard Dirk and hope that JHo couldnt carry the team. Guess what? He couldnt.

I couldn't have said it better myself, but you know some idiot is going to come in and say nowitzki got owned by stephen jackson, ignoring that nowitzki scored 50 on him against Indy shooting over 50%, when jackson didn't have 2 help defenders constantly.
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #25
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
So instead of working on a post game this is what he does???

LOL, thats what I was going to say. If this were Jordan, he would be working on trying to improve his game right now to get back to the NBA Finals. I'm not trying to compare the two, but Dirk should live up to his MVP award.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #26
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
We toured five weeks through Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti. With a rucksack.
I'm jealous.

All sorts of cynical jokes are flooding through my head but mostly, I'm just jealous.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #27
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:

Are you serious? you comparing a guy who is great for no reason but his offense to two DPOY players who lived off defense and asking if their lack of a post game was as mocked as his? Why the hell would Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace be expected to have any scoring ability on the level of Dirks?
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #28
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Dirks post offense should be compared to Rodmans as much as dirks post defense should be compared to Rodmans. They are polar opposites. To pick two of the worst scorers in history and ask "Well why arent they as bashed for not scoring in the post" as if not being worse than them is an accomplishment? What is being better than Rodman and Ben in the post even saying? They have never been asked to score. Dirk is a 7 footer who exists to score. Of course his offensive shortcomings matter more than those of two guys not even expected to score.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #29
FabCasablancas
Banned

If Dirk isn't a post player then why were the Warriors triple teaming him on the post more agressively than Boozer? The problem isn't Dirk.. it's the rest of the Mavs and his coach. period.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #30
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
If Dirk isn't a post player then why were the Warriors triple teaming him on the post more agressively than Boozer? The problem isn't Dirk.. it's the rest of the Mavs and his coach. period.

Dirk was only in the low post like 10-15 max times the whole series...5 of those times either J-Rich or Stephen Jackson throw his shot off the backboard... and a bunch of those times he just throw up fadeaway bricks and air balls

So he wasnt getting doubled on the low block, they jus let S-Jax own him...
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: