Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #31
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Most athletic player in the L.

A player that will get laughed about but is super athletic is Travis Outlaw. The guy grabs quarters off the top of the back board during practice. He can block shots like crazy, dunk over anyone.

A popular choice would be maybe Jason Richardson.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Bigboi450
I airball my layups

Bigboi450 has an OK reputation so far

I may have missed it but D wade is a freak of an athlete. I think he makes things look too easy and he gets over looked but when you plug his skills and size into the three major sports I think he's best suited to excel in any one. He could be a hell of a mobile QB with the size to stay in the pocket and see over the O line and find receivers. He could be an awesome receiver too. He could man the outfield, guard the corners or man the gaps on the baseball diamond. We know the fool he is on the court. Soccer isn't too far to think for him, track and field or boxing.
Bigboi450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #33
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
LeBron is one hell of an athlete. Too tall to be an NFL receiver though. Those safeties would have a field day tackling him by the legs.

what are you talking about? lebrons athleticism would tear up the nfl at wide reciever.. hes 6-8, Plaxico Burris is 6-5, Randy Moss is 6-4 and Terrell Owens is 6-3.. yea lebron is taller but the bottom line is these guys are tall and they are 3 of the top wide recievers in the nfl since 2000. Height is an advantage if its combined with the kind of athleticism that these guys possess, it makes it only easier for them.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #34
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the guy in my avatar is fairly athletic
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #35
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

No love for Rudy Gay? He's at least as athletic as most of the names tossed around in this thread
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #36
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi450
I may have missed it but D wade is a freak of an athlete. I think he makes things look too easy and he gets over looked but when you plug his skills and size into the three major sports I think he's best suited to excel in any one. He could be a hell of a mobile QB with the size to stay in the pocket and see over the O line and find receivers. He could be an awesome receiver too. He could man the outfield, guard the corners or man the gaps on the baseball diamond. We know the fool he is on the court. Soccer isn't too far to think for him, track and field or boxing.

I agree with the soccer thing. Sometimes on the balls where Dwade pokes out of passing lanes on defense and then outchases the loose ball from two other players that were ahead of him he resembles a little bit of a striker. If he had enough foot coordination and endurance combined with his sprint speed and quickness he could at least play in the MLS.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #37
Bigboi450
I airball my layups

Bigboi450 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
No love for Rudy Gay? He's at least as athletic as most of the names tossed around in this thread

Rudy is built for basketball only. the kids just too skinny for anything else right now.
Bigboi450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #38
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior93
matt harpring could play rugby?

Actually Harpring was an all state QB in highschool in Atlanta.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 AM   #39
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior93
matt harpring could play rugby?

Actually Harpring was an all state QB in highschool in Atlanta.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 AM   #40
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Rebel INS has decent reputation

Lebron could definitely dominate in the NFL. 6'8'' is not too tall for a wr, plaxico is 6'6''. No athlete combines the speed and strength like lebron, and those two characteristics make him perfect for the NFL.

Is it possible that iverson would be a better qb than vick? just a thought.
Rebel INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:42 AM   #41
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

I wanna see any of the above mentioned lace up the skates.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:41 AM   #42
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel INS
Lebron could definitely dominate in the NFL. 6'8'' is not too tall for a wr, plaxico is 6'6''. No athlete combines the speed and strength like lebron, and those two characteristics make him perfect for the NFL.

Is it possible that iverson would be a better qb than vick? just a thought.

Not really. LeBron ran a 4.5, Plaxico runs a 4.37. LeBron can outjump Plaxico a little bit and only has a few inches on him in height. I'd say the speed advantage equats out to LeBron's height and vertical advantage and Plaxico hardly dominates.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 AM   #43
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Most athletic?......Taking into consideration speed, quickness,agility/body awareness, vert,dynamic flexability,relative/absolute strength etc as the total package?......It would be hard to say without being able to quantify everything....and don't cite predraft measurements---highly inaccurate....they say Jared Dudley is 7% bodyfat??Jesus.

That said, i'll give an opinion.Three guys come to mind in no order--Lebron, Nate Robinson and Wade.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #44
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Josh Smith
Lebron
Iguodala
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #45
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Pound for pound, it's Dwight Howard. 40 inch vertical and he weighs at least 280 despite what NBA.com has him listed at right now.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: