Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #16
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Who is NBA's Biggest Bust?

I think you people are forgetting Ed O'Bannon as well.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #17
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Sam Bowie for sure, but that's from the perspective of now since no one could've known who Michael Jordan was going to turn into. Also, can someone explain to me the problem with Darius Miles? I only remember him from the Clips and then to Portland for a brief while and I haven't seen him since.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
Like I said - whether you like it or not, his name does get brought up in "Busts' situations- Hardaway was discussed when a NBA news host brought up about "Is Penny Hardaway NBA's biggest bust?" and just like Hill, Hardaway's career pretty much mirrors his except for the NCAA championship.

AND listen "GENIUS", because I included him on a list to be discussed, is that my opinion that he is a bust? Don't think because you call me an 'idiot' like the typical 10 year old that you are that you can for one second actually out debate me. I dare you to even try.

Outdebate you?

I dare you to actually THINK for a second. Why did you even consider putting him on the list as a candidate for the biggest bust in the NBA when you, the self-purported "Grant Hill fan", should of all people know that Grant Hill is one of the last people you can consider for the NBA's biggest bust. Seriously, think about this. Grant Hill's status as the NBA's biggest bust is completely laughable, anybody who knows anything about NBA history knows this.

And again, i challenge you to answer a question: What arguments can one possibly make for Grant Hill as the NBA's greatest bust?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #19
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

and in addition: Anybody who considers Grant Hill to be the biggest bust in NBA history is an IDIOT who has absolutely no understanding of the game and cannot be taken seriously at all. Period. Why'd you even put him on the list? Because some idiot person on TV thought he was going to be the next Jordan? Please, if you liked Grant as much as you said you do, you would know that is a completely retarded point.

Last edited by AppleNader : 08-11-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Grant Hill as a Piston:

1994-95: 19.9 PPG/6.4 RPG/5.0 APG/1.8 SPG/0.9 BPG in 70 games on 47.7 FG%

1995-96: 20.2 PPG/9.8 RPG/6.9 APG/1.3 SPG/0.6 BPG in 80 games on 46.2 FG%

1996-97: 21.4 PPG/9.0 RPG/7.3 APG/1.8 SPG/0.6 BPG in 80 games on 49.6 FG%

1997-98: 21.1 PPG/7.7 RPG/6.8 APG/1.8 SPG/0.7 BPG in 81 games on 45.2 FG%

1998-99: 21.1 PPG/7.1 RPG/6.0 APG/1.6 SPG/0.5 BPG in 50 games on 47.9 FG%

1999-00: 25.8 PPG/6.6 RPG/5.2 APG/1.4 SPG/0.6 BPG in 74 games on 48.9 FG%.

He had 28 triple doubles as well.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #21
Nym
I airball my layups

Nym has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Outdebate you?

I dare you to actually THINK for a second. Why did you even consider putting him on the list as a candidate for the biggest bust in the NBA when you, the self-purported "Grant Hill fan", should of all people know that Grant Hill is one of the last people you can consider for the NBA's biggest bust. Seriously, think about this. Grant Hill's status as the NBA's biggest bust is completely laughable, anybody who knows anything about NBA history knows this.

And again, i challenge you to answer a question: What arguments can one possibly make for Grant Hill as the NBA's greatest bust?

A BUST is simply a failure, or disappointment. I didn't limit the list to Draft Busts or Potential Busts or Hype Busts. If you can honestly think that the signing of Hill by the Magic was a *success* and not a *failure* than you are delusional. The Magic signed Hill to help bring them to post-Shaq prominence- the whole Orlando community was enamored with Hill and we all honestly thought we were instant championship contenders. Of course, the Magic never got out of the first round, as we all know. Does this make Hill the NBA's biggest 'bust'? Of course not, but I was the thread starter so contributors can have this exact discussion, but somehow this has gone completely over your head.
Your problem is not about whether or not Hill is a 'bust' or not- your comprehension and awareness of this whole entire thread is simply not there- you just don't get it.

Last edited by Nym : 08-11-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #22
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Grant Hill as a Piston:

1994-95: 19.9 PPG/6.4 RPG/5.0 APG/1.8 SPG/0.9 BPG in 70 games on 47.7 FG%

1995-96: 20.2 PPG/9.8 RPG/6.9 APG/1.3 SPG/0.6 BPG in 80 games on 46.2 FG%

1996-97: 21.4 PPG/9.0 RPG/7.3 APG/1.8 SPG/0.6 BPG in 80 games on 49.6 FG%

1997-98: 21.1 PPG/7.7 RPG/6.8 APG/1.8 SPG/0.7 BPG in 81 games on 45.2 FG%

1998-99: 21.1 PPG/7.1 RPG/6.0 APG/1.6 SPG/0.5 BPG in 50 games on 47.9 FG%

1999-00: 25.8 PPG/6.6 RPG/5.2 APG/1.4 SPG/0.6 BPG in 74 games on 48.9 FG%.

He had 28 triple doubles as well.

and an Olympic gold medalist and one of the most popular players in the league.

F&cking biggest bust in the NBA
Old 08-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #23
Nym
I airball my layups

Quote:
and an Olympic gold medalist and one of the most popular players in the league.

F&cking biggest bust in the NBA

Grant Hill Post Pistons:

200 regular season games played out of 574, thus earning nearly half a million dollars per game played, then leaves the Magic for the Suns.

Wow, now that was a success story right out of the front cover of Alfred Nobel's personal diary.

Once again, I don't think he's NBA's biggest bust- even though I am a Magic fan- but many other Orlando Magic fans could argue that he is, considering how much affect he has had with his or her favorite team over the past 7 years, and not caring a dime about Sam Bowie or the Candy Man for they do not directly affect him or her. And I HOPE to the GODS I don't have to reexplain this paragraph to you after seeing you post Grant Hill's statistics once again, sheesh.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #24
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
A BUST is simply a failure, or disappointment. I didn't limit the list to Draft Busts or Potential Busts or Hype Busts.

YOu put Grant Hill on the list as a candidate for the NBA's biggest bust. Please, learn what the word "biggest" means.

The "Biggest Bust", as you yourself put on your thread title, is one who has a tremendous amount of hype and potential, but accomplishes nothing and wastes his entire career. Now seriously, tell me again, how Grant Hill can EVER be considered as one of the NBA's biggest busts. Anybody who says that, and anybody who even considers that for one moment, simply does not know wtf they are talking about. And you yourself put himself on your list of "BIGGEST BUSTS", but if you had any sense of basketball knowledge at all, you would've recognized that the entire concept is completely bogus.

Do you HONESTLY want to tell me that Grant can be considered the NBA's Biggest Bust (per your own thread title), especially when compared to all the other incredibly hyped players that haven't done jack sh&t compared to Grant.

Quote:
If you can honestly think that the signing of Hill by the Magic was a *success* and not a *failure* than you are delusional. The Magic signed Hill to help bring them to post-Shaq prominence- the whole Orlando community was enamored with Hill and we all honestly thought we were instant championship contenders.

Again, this has nothing to f&cking do with whether Grant HIll is the NBA's biggest bust. Nobody knew injuries weregoing to stall his career, and no player who has accomplished as much as Grant has can be considered the biggest bust in the NBA because of what the teams front office did.

Again, learn what biggest means. Then learn what a 'bust' is. The "biggest bust" is defined as the one player who, despite his potential/hype/reputation/skill, accomplishes the absolute least. Grant Hill in no way shape or form can be considered that. It is a joke to even have Grant on that list to be considered. Anybody with any basketball knowledge would have known that.

Last edited by AppleNader : 08-11-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #25
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
Who is NBA's biggest bust?

SOme people who come to mind:

Penny Hardaway (Jordan said he would carry on his torch in an interview-right after that, Penny started sucking bad!)

Grant Hill (Biggest bust or worst free agent signing in history- or BOTH??)

Kwame Brown
(1st overall!)

Michael Olawakandi (another 1st overall!)

Sam Bowie (everyone knows this story)

Len Bias (No 2 pick...this was probably more tragic than 'bust' though)

This one's gotta be the Kandi man, Michael Olowokandi. He didn't even play slightly well at any point in his career. Even with the Clips, he was subpar. He was awful for Minnesota as well as Boston. It was a horrendous pick for the Clippers, and perhaps the worst NBA draft pick of all time.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #26
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
Grant Hill Post Pistons:

200 regular season games played out of 574, thus earning nearly half a million dollars per game played, then leaves the Magic for the Suns.

Wow, now that was a success story right out of the front cover of Alfred Nobel's personal diary.

Once again, I don't think he's NBA's biggest bust- even though I am a Magic fan- but many other Orlando Magic fans could argue that he is, considering how much affect he has had with his or her favorite team over the past 7 years, and not caring a dime about Sam Bowie or the Candy Man for they do not directly affect him or her. And I HOPE to the GODS I don't have to reexplain this paragraph to you after seeing you post Grant Hill's statistics once again, sheesh.

Every once in a while, a poster as inept and delusional as you comes along. Now, we're lucky to have two. You and BULLS.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #27
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
Once again, I don't think he's NBA's biggest bust- even though I am a Magic fan-

Then why the f&ck did you put him on your thread, entitled "NBA's BIGGEST BUST"....the ultimate point is that if you knew ANYTHING about basketball and what a "biggest bust" ACTUALLY is, you have KNOWN not to do that at all.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #28
Nym
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
Every once in a while, a poster as inept and delusional as you comes along. Now, we're lucky to have two. You and BULLS.

That's the extent of your EPIC thesis? Let me share some knowledge with you and AppleHead- my enervated, enfeebled, and languid nemesis (I really, really wish I could say 'arch', but that would be a disservice to what little compassion I feel for you- don't want you to be delusional all your life). I teach a certain subject- but with you, I am willing to go remedial and offer reading comprehension 101 and English 101 for the vacuous and half-witted; but mind you, I will have to charge you by the hour, for my patience can only go so far when I have to explain something half a dozen times. Send me a private message on your best meeting time and I'll be more than happy to oblige (cash up front, mind you).
Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #29
Nym
I airball my layups

Quote:
Then why the f&ck did you put him on your thread, entitled "NBA's BIGGEST BUST"....the ultimate point is that if you knew ANYTHING about basketball and what a "biggest bust" ACTUALLY is, you have KNOWN not to do that at all.

GOds man, do you not read at all?! I said a Magic Fan 'COULD' and "CAN" make the argument. Refer to my earlier post- I'll be happy to tutor you.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #30
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
GOds man, do you not read at all?! I said a Magic Fan 'COULD' and "CAN" make the argument. Refer to my earlier post- I'll be happy to tutor you.

Even Magic fans are not gonna say that Hill is a bust, nor the biggest bust.

Wasn't even a bad signing. Jeezus you can't predict injuries.

Grant Hill was an All-star prior to his injuries.

It is pretty to put an All-Star down as a bust or as you labelled it "biggest bust".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: