Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 12:20 AM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who wants Rafer Alston?

Quote:
Rockets Trades
Rafer Alston
Atlanta Trades
Marvin Williams
Atlanta can probably get much better value for Marvin Williams.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually like the Miami trade for Doleac that was actually rumored in real life, but then Miami went out and go Smush.

I don't mind Rafer that much, but we have Mike James, Aaron Brooks, and Steve Francis now. Plus Luther Head. Rafer is obviously the odd man out. Trading him for 2nd round picks or any player that plays PF or C would be ideal.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #18
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I actually like the Miami trade for Doleac that was actually rumored in real life, but then Miami went out and go Smush.

I don't mind Rafer that much, but we have Mike James, Aaron Brooks, and Steve Francis now. Plus Luther Head. Rafer is obviously the odd man out. Trading him for 2nd round picks or any player that plays PF or C would be ideal.

Magic could offer Pat Garrity. He was good.. once upon a time.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 AM   #19
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Magic could offer Pat Garrity. He was good.. once upon a time.
Meh, Garrity is pushing it. He's borderline useless.

Not that Mike Doleac is that usefull, but he's a smart player and might do well under RA. Not that Garrity wouldn't. We just have a younger version in Steve Novak.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:31 AM   #20
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by srv_fan
The humor of seeing this sitting on the topics list with zero replies made me chuckle.

As a Pistons fan I wouldn't want him, but he definately would be an asset for a good team coming off the bench. It makes a pretty big difference in how a second units play if they have even a halfway decent pointguard running the O.

its a Saturday night. what do you expect?
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 AM   #21
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
I wouldnt mind Rafer going to the cavs

In exchange for who?
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #22
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Are there any fans on this forum that wouldn't mind their team picking up "Skip To My Lou"?

Man, you dont even wanna talk about that. I just went to the Cavs Forum and posted something about trading Alston, and some boy ( Mathius ) got fu...ing mad and crazy about it. I dont know why.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #23
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

lol, haslem for rafer + filler rumor..
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:45 AM   #24
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Would you take Cook? There was a rumor on Cook for Head, I'd prefer that as a Laker fan but I'd take Alston for Cook in a heartbeat too.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #25
sick_brah07
Local High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Would you take Cook? There was a rumor on Cook for Head, I'd prefer that as a Laker fan but I'd take Alston for Cook in a heartbeat too.

why woudl they trade cook for alston ? they would jus have 3 point gaurds then wouldnt make to much sense
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:12 AM   #26
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Alston to D-League!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #27
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat coolMiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
You can have A. Williams and W. Conroy for him

thats not a pretty bad deal, but then again thats not a pretty good deal either......
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #28
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat coolMiseryCityTexas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
lol, haslem for rafer + filler rumor..

i aint gonna lie, i was jumping for joy about this rumor. i was like damn we basically gonna get haslem for nothing.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #29
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvli
Rockets Trades
Rafer Alston
Atlanta Trades
Marvin Williams

Not a bad trade in my opinion. OR, Atlanta could trade Shelden Williams. This way ATL gets the PG they desire, just because a rookie PG (Acie Law) can be inconsistent. Atleast with Rafer you have a proven PG, who's decent. And HOU, receives a nice young prospect who can grow with the Rox.

Doesn't make sense.

The Hawks just drafted Acie Law, and will give him some minutes, either as a starter or reserve.

Then the Hawks have Anthony Johnson and Ty Lue, who are capable and have expiring contracts.

The Hawks then have Speedy Claxton and his big contract.

Also, there is Salim Stoudamire who can give some minutes at point guard.

Adding another big contract in Alston makes no sense at all.

Now if the Hawks were to trade Johnson and Lue for Earl Watson, I would go for that, since Watson is a far better player and can start for a year or two while Law develops.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #30
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

How about Alston for Gooden or Varejao?

We can throw in maybe John Lucas or a draft pick with Alston.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: