Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #31
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Was Magic Bi-sexual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Yes imo. The way Isiah would act around him in interviews and stuff was a bit too odd. You can tell Isiah was in love; friends, even best friends, don't act that way.
I always wondered if Isiah was gay/bisexual, more so than Magic.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #32
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I remember reading that someone left needles with blood on it on the city bus and someone got HIV because it transfered into their blood. It was in the local papers and ****.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #33
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues

aids awareness among the youth is in good shape

Seriously. WTF is up with some of these comments? It'd be funny if it weren't so sad and potentially dangerous.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #34
jackjohnson
Banned

jackjohnson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
That's not entirely true. I have heard a number of different stories of people contracting HIV (in the US) from a doctor failing to wash a needle before use. I have even heard stories of people contracting HIV (in the US) from getting a blood transfusion. There's lots of ways to get it...

I know that africans can cantract the disease easier. But that doesn't match what you said before about many famous black people being closet gays. Just because black people are more susceptible to getting the disease, it doesn't mean they are more likely to be gay...

Those stories you have heard are urban myths and nothing more. HIV from blood transfusions was possible in the 70s and 80s but now with our knowledge of HIV/AIDS it's basically impossible.
I said many famous blacks are closet gays because this thread is about a black guy, not a white guy or an asian guy or anything else.
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #35
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

Seriously. WTF is up with some of these comments? It'd be funny if it weren't so sad and potentially dangerous.

What's your take on HIV transmission then? How can it be transferred? I remember learning in health class that STD's can be transferred by blood, semen, breastmilk, and some other method.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #36
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
I remember reading that someone left needles with blood on it on the city bus and someone got HIV because it transfered into their blood. It was in the local papers and ****.

for that to happen the needle would have had to penetrate through the person's veins into the bloodstream with a significant amount of the virus inside the syringe. and it would have to be a syringe and not just a regular needle because the virus dies immediately on contact with air.
and the syringe would have to been filled with hiv blood obviously, because hiv isn't just created out of thin air.

Last edited by jackjohnson : 08-11-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #37
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
What's your take on HIV transmission then? How can it be transferred? I remember learning in health class that STD's can be transferred by blood, semen, breastmilk, and some other method.

the only way in the United States you can get HIV is from unprotected **** sex and from sharing needles with someone infected with HIV. thats all you need to know.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #38
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohnson
Those stories you have heard are urban myths and nothing more. HIV from blood transfusions was possible in the 70s and 80s but now with our knowledge of HIV/AIDS it's basically impossible.
I said many famous blacks are closet gays because this thread is about a black guy, not a white guy or an asian guy or anything else.

It's rare, but it can happen:
http://www.webmd.com/content/article...ition=AIDS-HIV
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #39
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohnson

I heard from a number of people that Francis and Mobley are gay... together .
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #40
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:

you are right then. I didn't know this still happened anymore.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #41
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

You can get HIV by breast feeding if the mother has it.

Link
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #42
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
You can get HIV by breast feeding if the mother has it.

Link

And if a mother is pregnant and has HIV, there is a good chance the baby is infected as well.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #43
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excentric
I've heard many people say that and even Isiah Thomas said it too. I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe he got HIV because he had unprotected sex with any woman that walked the face of the earth.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #44
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
And if a mother is pregnant and has HIV, there is a good chance the baby is infected as well.
Maybe in the past, but there are drugs given to HIV infected mothers that all but eliminate any possible risk of the child getting it. Now, the biggest danger for an HIV-infected mother transmitting the virus is if she doesn't know she has it.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #45
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always assumed Magic and Isiah might both be bi. I had family saying it before Magic turned up with aids.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: