Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #31
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Players who should not have been traded

my warriors trading VC for jamison... we would have been better... atleast VC took toronto to the playoffs... jamison is a good play and always has been... but in the first 5 years of there careers VC was sick... he would have sold seats too.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 AM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

very good points. Butler is an All-star for a lottery bust.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 AM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
my warriors trading VC for jamison... we would have been better... atleast VC took toronto to the playoffs... jamison is a good play and always has been... but in the first 5 years of there careers VC was sick... he would have sold seats too.

I kinda forgot about that 4-5 swap.

At least Antawn had a good career. It wasn't exactly "lopsoded" as far as the talent GS recieved.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:05 AM   #34
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't think of anybody I regret the Blazers getting rid of. We traded away big names but I was fine with all of them:

Drexler: I'm glad he got his ring and it was necessary for rebuilding. Dang near worked too in 2000.

Sheed: Head case and the Blazers were going down anyway.

Zach: Head case with 0 defense.

Jermaine: He was a whiny jerk and I wouldn't want him back to this day. Plus, the trade seamed logical at the time since we were close to a championship and Dale was better against Shaq. Though, I know many other Blazer fans will say Jermaine because talent wise this was the most unbalanced of all the trades.

Brian Grant: He had injury problems and Kemp came off a decent season. In retrospect, I would have kept Grant but at the time most approved of the trade because it was frickin Kemp.

I guess this is the worst one I can think of (which really isn't anything still): Steve Blake for Jamal McGloire. Though, we now have Blake back anyway.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #35
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Chris Webber from Golden State. Never liked that trade not from the day it was announced and don't like it any more today.

How many teams trade away a rookie of the year, no.1 pick, blue chip big man after just one season where he's a standout? Insane.

Last edited by Soundwave : 08-13-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 AM   #36
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Yeah i was just wondering why the hell the bulls traded Brand.

Kemp shouldn't have been traded either. He probably would have stayed of crack if Seattle didn't trade him.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:29 AM   #37
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh, there is a bad trade I guess. Blazers traded down (passing on Deron Williams and Chris Paul) for Martell Webster. Yikes.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:31 AM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Oh, there is a bad trade I guess. Blazers traded down (passing on Deron Williams and Chris Paul) for Martell Webster. Yikes.

Yup. I didn't want to comment on it. I knew you were smart enough to catch it yourself.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:34 AM   #39
Myth

Thanks, I would have felt like a moron. That was recent too.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 AM   #40
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Thanks, I would have felt like a moron. That was recent too.

I'm kinda pushing one of first threads not to end on arguments back and forth.

So i was letting you re-think it over, hoping nobody would jump all over it first.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #41
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Has to be letting Shaq walk...

Trading Penny still doesnt sit well with me.

Trading Webber also is a tough one given how Penny's career went and the complete waste of all the picks.

Trading McGrady for effectively nothing is yet another example.

Magic are littered with them...

Worst trades overall though have to be...

New York trading Ewing and Houston with Hakeem. Not sure if they were both traded or walked, but either way, just cough up the money for those guys, neither of the teams were anywhere near winning when they got rid of them, those two should have been 1 team guys.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #42
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Luol Deng for Jackson Vroman

Nash
Bell
Deng
Marion
Amare

B1 Barbosa
B2 Diaw

why?????????
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #43
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The T-Wolves shouldn't have traded Sam Cassel AND a future first rounder for Marko Jaric. Even if Cassel dropped dead in the first game of the season, his salary off the books would have been a bonus over crappy Marko Jaric, not to mention the draft pick.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #44
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Ray Allen should have never been traded from the bucks...He led the team to the Eastern Conference Finals and was in his prime, but it has all worked out for the best for Ray Allen...I smell championships...

Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #45
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Ray Allen should have never been traded from the bucks...He led the team to the Eastern Conference Finals and was in his prime, but it has all worked out for the best for Ray Allen...I smell championships...

Now that you mention it, he never should have been traded from Minnesota to Milwaukee for Stephon Marbury. Allen/Garnett could have been around for the last ten years instead of the Marbury debacle.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: