Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #16
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Deal Involving Adam Morrison

I Think The Bobcats Can Get More For Morrison
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Morrison to Pheonix for Marcus Banks makes more sense. I can't see the Sonics wanting a scoring SF when they got the best one in this years draft along with an all around SF in Green.

Meanwhile, Morrison would fit in with the run and gun offense the Suns run and Banks would be a decent backup for Felton. Suns could throw in there 1st round pick which will be somewhere in the high 20s anyway.

In this scenario, if Morrison still flops in the Suns system, then they can just let him go and they got rid of Banks in the process and it only cost them a crappy 1st round pick(which they have been selling off in recent years anyway).

Win win if you ask me.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
I Think The Bobcats Can Get More For Morrison

I think they should take what they can get for him... he's a bust.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #19
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

^^Phoenix is a horrible place for Morrison

Morrison is a horrible rebounder and has very poor dribbling

Morrison is more of a SG than he is small foward,Durant is going to need somebody to take some of the shots rather than him jacking up 25 shots per night
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #20
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

No rookie is a bust after a year, as anyone who has ever watched basketball in their life should know.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #21
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I think they should take what they can get for him... he's a bust.

Yeah in Charlotte's system,towards the end of the season he lost minutes to Walter Hermann

I was screaming at the TV when Charlotte took him,I knew that would be a horrible system for a guy like him to play in
Old 08-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
No rookie is a bust after a year, as anyone who has ever watched basketball in their life should know.

Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Marcus Haislip
Curtis Borchardt
Jerome Moiso
Courtney Alexander
to name a few

THE END.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #23
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

I don't want the Cats to trade Morrison (I am a Cats fan for some reason, and yes, I know they suck).

If we gotta move Morrison, I say we trade him to Portland for Jarrett Jack and Joel Pryzbilla.

Maybe like this...

CHA trades

Morrison
OHarrington

to POR for

JJack
JPryzbilla
Rights to some player POR drafted and left in Europe, doesn't have to be particularly valuable.

But, for Earl Watson and another schwozz draft pick... HELL NO!

Fact is.. I'd much rather see the Cats trade Carroll or Dudley or Walter Herrmann than the Stache.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #24
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
(I am a Cats fan for some reason, and yes, I know they suck).

Quote:
If we gotta move Morrison, I say we trade him to Portland for Jarrett Jack and Joel Pryzbilla.

Maybe like this...

CHA trades

Morrison
OHarrington

to POR for

JJack
JPryzbilla
Rights to some player POR drafted and left in Europe, doesn't have to be particularly valuable.

But, for Earl Watson and another schwozz draft pick... HELL NO!

Fact is.. I'd much rather see the Cats trade Carroll or Dudley or Walter Herrmann than the Stache.

I would go for any of the trades mentioned in this thread.

Morrison - Watson + pick
Morrison - Banks + pick
Morrison - Jack + Pryzbilla

Yeah, I don't like the Stache.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #25
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Marcus Haislip
Curtis Borchardt
Jerome Moiso
Courtney Alexander
to name a few

Skita was not a bust after one year. He was drafted with the knowledge that he'd take a while to contribute.

Borchardt was injury prone, otherwise could have been useful.

Moiso and Haislip just sucked.

Alexander had terrible injuries. He showed that when he was healthy he could be a legit scoring option for a bad team. He was just only healthy for about 30 Wizards games.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #26
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Morrison - Banks + pick

If we do a deal with PHX to get Banks, I think we can work a little harder to rape them out of Leandro Barbosa or something. We can offer PHX future money relief AND current luxury relief because we still got almighty capspace. Just not sure how badly PHX needs more lux relief after the KThomas deal. Now... DEN...

Fact is, DEN is already in line to drop Camby or Nene on us for the same reason ;)

I know PHX is "never letting Barbosa go" but we all know that is total BS just to get his value even higher.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #27
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

I would go for any of the trades mentioned in this thread.

Morrison - Watson + pick
Morrison - Banks + pick
Morrison - Jack + Pryzbilla

Yeah, I don't like the Stache.

Me too. With Wallace, J Rich, Aflalo, Herrmann and Carrol we just don't need Morrison that much any more. I'd like to trade him while the memories of his domination from Gonzaga are still fresh in teams minds before another lackluster year sinks his value anymore.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

As a Blazer fan I would welcome Morrison. Before I even knew who Brandon Roy was, I wanted Morrison in a Blazers uniform. I know he struggled last year, but when he was on he was one. It's just a matter of consistency. A lineup of Morrison, Oden, Aldridge, Roy, and Roy or Rodriguez....is not too shabby. I firmly believe Morrison is not a bust.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #29
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
As a Blazer fan I would welcome Morrison. Before I even knew who Brandon Roy was, I wanted Morrison in a Blazers uniform. I know he struggled last year, but when he was on he was one. It's just a matter of consistency. A lineup of Morrison, Oden, Aldridge, Roy, and Roy or Rodriguez....is not too shabby. I firmly believe Morrison is not a bust.

His ceiling is a poor mans Rashard Lewis, a 2nd tier scorer who will get overpaid after a career year.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #30
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
If we do a deal with PHX to get Banks, I think we can work a little harder to rape them out of Leandro Barbosa or something. We can offer PHX future money relief AND current luxury relief because we still got almighty capspace. Just not sure how badly PHX needs more lux relief after the KThomas deal. Now... DEN...

Fact is, DEN is already in line to drop Camby or Nene on us for the same reason ;)

I know PHX is "never letting Barbosa go" but we all know that is total BS just to get his value even higher.
Phoenix loves Barbosa,he is only costing them about 6 million and without him Phoenix wouldn't be as good

Denver would rather dump Nene,their hoping K-Mart gets back to his old form so Nene can become expendable and they could actually get something out of it since he has a good trade value
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: