Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #31
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

knoe, are u american?

Last edited by hotsizzle : 07-15-2006 at 04:10 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #32
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Yes, yes I am.

I'm United Statesian. (seriously, what other nation has it's citizens named for a continent)? Couldn't Canadians and Mexicans call themselves "American" too?
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

so you had conflicts for rooting for your country because of kobe? thats really sad. I mean, you're puttin your hate for kobe in front of your country?
Old 07-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #34
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Yes, yes I am.

I'm United Statesian. (seriously, what other nation has it's citizens named for a continent)? Couldn't Canadians and Mexicans call themselves "American" too?
...and all of those in South America as well, no?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #35
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:

haha well i agree with you on that part
Old 07-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #36
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
so you had conflicts for rooting for your country because of kobe? thats really sad. I mean, you're puttin your hate for kobe in front of your country?

I was always rooting for the team because I love Bron and Wade and other players on it. It's just hard to root for Bryant.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #37
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
...and all of those in South America as well, no?

True, I just used those countries as an example. But people from South America are called South Americans. We never refer to ourselves as "North Americans". I wonder how all of that got started.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #38
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
I was always rooting for the team because I love Bron and Wade and other players on it. It's just hard to root for Bryant.

ok makes sense
Old 07-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #39
the even bigger black guy
High School Varsity 6th Man

the even bigger black guy has decent reputation

Let's all hope Kobe keeps his hands off the help this time.
the even bigger black guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #40
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

So with all these subsequent withdrawals, it looks like the final 15-man roster may end up looking something like this:

PG-Kirk Hinrich
PG-Chris Paul
PG-Gilbert Arenas
SG-Dwyane Wade
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Lebron James
SF-Shane Battier
SF-Shawn Marion
PF-Elton Brand
PF-Chris Bosh
C-Dwight Howard
C-Brad Miller
*Good God is this team young and inexperienced

Injury reserve:
G-Luke Ridnour
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Antawn Jamison

Btw, if you check out usabasketall.com, you can hear the Coach K/Jerry C press conference. In it, Coach K alludes to some potential strategy he might be using.

Also, it may really be up to Gilbert Arenas now to handle much of the long range shooting for the backcourt now that Kobe is gone.http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9550358
Hopefully, what this article says will show up nicely at the World Championships

Last edited by AppleNader : 07-15-2006 at 04:42 PM.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #41
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

The team just got better. Addition by subtraction, and in this case, it's subtracting the #1 cancer in the NBA. Kobe is probably faking it again (ask Scottie Pippen).
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #42
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Withdrawn Team:

PG-Chauncey Billups
SG-Kobe Bryant/JJ Redick
SF-Paul Pierce/Michael Redd
PF-Lamar Odom
C-Amare Stoudemire

ouch
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #43
I Love This Game
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I Love This Game has no real reputation yet.

this isn't exactly a fair question... kobe vs. pippen who's better....

simply because they're different type of players. Kobe's a go to player..franchise type. Pippen is the ultimate role player.. and both are just as important to their team. If you want a number 1 option..of course Kobe's going to win... but that doesn't make him better than Pippen. Both players are insanely all around. Kobe is probably close to Pippen in terms of 1 on 1 perimeter D... but Pippen's a superior team/help defender.

In terms of understanding the game.. Pippen is superior..but u can't really compare yet..kobe's still growing as a player. he's only 27-28. But if you really want to compare..Pippen thinks the game better. he's a better teammate. Kobe's first year without Shaq.... missed the playoffs. 30+ wins.

Pippen's first year wtihout Michael... 55 Ws.. lost to the Knicks in the conference finals.

I'd still take Scottie.
I Love This Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #44
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love This Game
this isn't exactly a fair question... kobe vs. pippen who's better....

simply because they're different type of players. Kobe's a go to player..franchise type. Pippen is the ultimate role player.. and both are just as important to their team. If you want a number 1 option..of course Kobe's going to win... but that doesn't make him better than Pippen. Both players are insanely all around. Kobe is probably close to Pippen in terms of 1 on 1 perimeter D... but Pippen's a superior team/help defender.

In terms of understanding the game.. Pippen is superior..but u can't really compare yet..kobe's still growing as a player. he's only 27-28. But if you really want to compare..Pippen thinks the game better. he's a better teammate. Kobe's first year without Shaq.... missed the playoffs. 30+ wins.

Pippen's first year wtihout Michael... 55 Ws.. lost to the Knicks in the conference finals.

I'd still take Scottie.

I agree but you clicked on the wrong thread.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #45
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
The team just got better. Addition by subtraction, and in this case, it's subtracting the #1 cancer in the NBA. Kobe is probably faking it again (ask Scottie Pippen).

well that sucks for you then cuz kobe will still be on the roster
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: