Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default What will become of the lakers?

What is the percent of each of these happening. Here's what I think:

1. Kobe will stay with the the current Lakers roster.
30%

2. Kobe will stay and Lakers trade for Jermaine O'Neal.
25%

3. Kobe gets traded away.
40%

4. Kobe holds out.
5%

5. Other (please explain)
0%
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What will become of the lakers?

Lakers get traded to Oakland or St. Louis. Cross out Oakland since they have a team, therefore say hello to the St. Louis Spirit Pt. II.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

99.9 %

0 %

0.1%

It all depends on how they play. I seriously think Kobe is gonna stay with LA for the next two years t'ill his opt out.

Last edited by Kobe24 : 08-13-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
99.9 %

50%

0.1%

It all depends on how they play. I seriously think Kobe is gonna stay with LA for the next two years t'ill his opt out.

Bad math. I didn't take pre-med calculus though so who am I to say 99.9, 50 and 0.1 don't fit into 100.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

85%

10%

5%

4. Kobe holds out.

0%

5. Other (please explain)

100%--Kobe gets traded next off-season
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Bad math. I didn't take pre-med calculus though so who am I to say 99.9, 50 and 0.1 don't fit into 100.

It's august, I couldn't care less. Happy now?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Actually, if you view the two as overlapping then it makes sense. If the first option was "Kobe stays but Jermaine doesn't come to Lakers," then things would be different.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
It's august, I couldn't care less. Happy now?

Don't live to make others happy. You will only find sadness.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Actually, if you view the two as overlapping then it makes sense. If the first option was "Kobe stays but Jermaine doesn't come to Lakers," then things would be different.

Yup.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #10
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Lakers get traded to Oakland or St. Louis. Cross out Oakland since they have a team, therefore say hello to the St. Louis Spirit Pt. II.

YES!!!!!
Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

O'Neal isn't on the current roster. If you think 100% the Lakers roster isn't going to change (or nothing major) then you put 100% under this and 0% under #2.

If you think they are 100% going to trade for O'Neal, then you'd put 100% under this option and 0% under #1
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #12
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oops, missed the word "current." But that shows how easy it was for Kobe24 to overlook it as well.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
Kobe24
Banned

I missed current. I even said he'd stay t'ill his opt out no matter what.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #14
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aside from the stats above, I personally have no idea what will happen with Kobe and the Lakers, etc. I know I am not happy with how the team currently looks and I have no delusions that they are a title contender.. the are far from it.

I am not happy with the Lakers FO, nor am I happy with Kobe's antics.... no one person should be greater than the team.. plain and simple!

Its going to take time to sort this out... but at least the Lakers drought has not been that long... Look at teams like the Celtics or Knicks (and many, many others)..... when was the last time they got to the finals or won a title?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^socal think of this in the last 20 years only seven teams have won titles.... so there are lots of fans much worse off than laker fans who may have to wait a few years between titles
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: