Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Where were you at your teams greatest moments?

Playoff game winning miracles, series clenchers, things like that. I know everyone probably remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing. I know as a Laker fan there's quite a few recent moments I can close my eyes and still live out.

I remember lakers/kings game 4 of the WCF, my family drove to chicago to my uncle's house and I got in the room just as the last play of the game had started. Kobe had just began his drive and I had just enough time to look at the score before he missed the shot, shaq missed the tip, and it was batted back to Horry. When he made the shot, I dropped to my knees and stayed there for a few minutes, it was unbelievable.

In my dorm room watching lakers/spurs game 4 at SA, Tim Duncan hit that miracle shot with a second left and I did the first backflip of my entire life on my bed and sat there on all fours with my eyes wide open until the inbound. Stood up to watch the play thinking there was no chance and was ready to leave the room, Fisher catches the ball and hits the miracle .4 shot, I stand there for a few secs then drop to my knees and stare in awe at the screen with my jaw dropped for a good 5 minutes straight, my phone ringing off the hook the entire time with my friends calling me to ask if I saw.

Lakers/Suns first round game 4, i'm on the phone with a non laker-fan friend most of the 4th talking about how we need to improve since there doesnt seem to be any chance to win the game at that point. End of the quarter Smush makes the steal and Kobe ties it, I go crazy. OT comes in, i'm still on the phone, Kobe gets the jumpball comes down the court and swishes, i'm jumping up and down whipping the phone around, my friends voice barely audible from the phone extended at the end of my arm, im yelling so much I lose my voice for the day. One of the happiest moments of my life. When I finally calm down a little and get back to the phone im talkin crazy about the WCF are a lock now and anything can happen there, and then the finals, just on the biggest high ever. Still get chills whenever I see the highlight on nbatv.

Too bad it was wasted the next few games.

What about you? Where were you at moments like this?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: Where were you at your teams greatest moments?

1991 - my first spurs game. i was 9

1997 - at home watching the draft. i was 15.

1999 - my uncle had just bought a brand new projector, it was like $4000 and we saw game 5 on it. i went to the airport when they came back from New York as well!

2003 - i was actually at game 6 vs the nets and i saw the man that turned me into a spurs fan (David Robinson) retire in a blaze of glory

2005 - at a friends house watching the spurs beat detroit, went to downtown after the game, and to the river parade and alamodome celebration.

2007 - at the same friends house watching the spurs sweep cleveland. went to downtown after the game, and to the river parade and alamodome celebration.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

1990--At home in NW Portland jumping up and down and sreaming as Buck williams stole the ball from Tom Chambers in the final seconds of game 6 of the WCF to seal the comeback victory and send the Blazers to the finals for the first time in my memory.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
Rocketz_Foreva
I airball my layups

Rocketz_Foreva has an OK reputation so far

game 2 playoffs two yearz ago, when t mac hit dat shot vs da mavs i wuz in da crowd yellin my head off.
Rocketz_Foreva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

1991 / 1992 / 1993 I was a tike watching the Playoffs with my neighborhood friends / sports obsessed teammates. Remember our father's getting roudy in the NY / Chicago series.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

What are Hawk fans supposed to post in this thread?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
SsKSpurs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

draft night hopes and dreams?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Didnt have you guys in mind when I made it.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Arrival of Joe Johnson and his few great games?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

courtside seats at the Q during game 6 of the ECF and by that, I mean a loud, crowded, happy sports bar..........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

on my floor with everything on my body that can be crossed, crossed, praying we beat the nuggets in 04
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
sick_brah07

sick_brah07 is considered somewhat coolsick_brah07 is considered somewhat cool

derek fishers shot on the spurs with 0.4 seconds left it was 4 in the morning and i was in serbia visiting family and i went nuts jumping up and down like a mad man
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #13
SsKSpurs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
derek fishers shot on the spurs with 0.4 seconds left it was 4 in the morning and i was in serbia visiting family and i went nuts jumping up and down like a mad man

I was
Old 08-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

the first ring was huge, but my favorite was the 6th title win though, because the team was finally starting to come unravelled, and scottie was hurt, and mj just dug down and found a way to win with nothing left. the old king's last hurrah.

beating the pistons in 91 and the magic in 96 both felt monumental too, like we had finally arrived and like we were finally back.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I watched my first basketball game with my dad at my uncle's. It was when Dr.J rocked the cradle on Coop. My dad screamed like a banshee. He had $1000 straight up against his co-worker for Philly. That's when I became an NBA fan.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: