Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 07-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far
Default Its all downhill from here...

no disrespect to any of you miami facs out there...i was rootin for miami myself at the finals but lets face the facts...your team's getting old. look at alonzo and payton...i give them two years tops and they'll both retire...shaq is only going to get worse...unless he loses all that weight in 1 year...thn only hope it trading all those old players for young rookies so you can partner them up with Wade...put walker in the deal to make it sweater...eather that or wait till you guys fall real low get a good draft pick and have him with wade...but by the time that happens wade is going to start getting old...or maybe even sign with n other team
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

You really don't have a grasp of the makeup of this team and organization AT ALL, my man.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #3
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
no disrespect to any of you miami facs out there...i was rootin for miami myself at the finals but lets face the facts...your team's getting old. look at alonzo and payton...i give them two years tops and they'll both retire...shaq is only going to get worse...unless he loses all that weight in 1 year...thn only hope it trading all those old players for young rookies so you can partner them up with Wade...put walker in the deal to make it sweater...eather that or wait till you guys fall real low get a good draft pick and have him with wade...but by the time that happens wade is going to start getting old...or maybe even sign with n other team

Everyone thought Payton and ZO would retire this year. Sure they are getting old but this a team that won the Championship with all these "old players" . So what if they are old, doesn't mean they are going to sky rocket to the 6th spot in the east. With 2 or even one decent addition(pg guard most likely) the Heat will be on tract to be the best again next year.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

i don't really like the heat much, but as long as they have Wade, they'll compete as long as he is surrounded by a half way decent team...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
KF4L
Banned

KF4L has no real reputation yet.

Miami unfortunately will win less games next season, but until someone else wins the title, they are the best in the league
KF4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

old doesn't necessarily mean bad. Old means experience and more desire. The heat have players who have that fire--the desire--of something to prove; thats why the won the chip this year and if they keep the fire going they are favorites to win atleast the east next year. Top teams in the east right now are the bulls, heat, and pistons (and probably one team out of cavs, nets, and maybe wiz) and I would take the heat over anyone in the east.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Diminished skill usually is a result of old age.

Although old age is not necessraily a result of dimished skill.

essentially...

you guys will contend for one more year, TOPS two more years.

but after that, unless you guys get killer draft picks or trade for impact players, you will become a 1st 2nd round exit team after a few years.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

They'll be the best team in the East next year. Thats about all you can say about them for now.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #9
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Arrow That little bit of hope...

Isn't that why they brought in Shaq....To win a title? and they did it...Now they just have to rebuild..

Even in the press conference after they won the championship, Shaq knew they might not win it again...but he said they'll repeat because he's Shaq and he says Shhtuff like that.

Miami still has Dwade....
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

I could easily see Wade jump ship when his 3 year contract is up. If Riley doesn't come back, the wheels will start to come off of the Heat bus. The current team doesn't have any young players beside Wade that will take over and be the next generation of the Heat. Do you guys remember the last Championship run of the Bulls when they had all veterans. Look how long it took the bulls rebuild and now we are finally starting to come around.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #11
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
I could easily see Wade jump ship when his 3 year contract is up. If Riley doesn't come back, the wheels will start to come off of the Heat bus. The current team doesn't have any young players beside Wade that will take over and be the next generation of the Heat. Do you guys remember the last Championship run of the Bulls when they had all veterans. Look how long it took the bulls rebuild and now we are finally starting to come around.
We basically have Haslem, Wade and Simien are basically our future. The Bulls didn't have anywhere near Wades potential even when they had Brand because he was a Rookie.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:23 PM   #12
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, but I don't think Wade wants to be in the same position as KG in minny and kobe in LA where they're the only star surrounded by amateurs and not close to winning a championship anymore.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #13
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmut
Yeah, but I don't think Wade wants to be in the same position as KG in minny and kobe in LA where they're the only star surrounded by amateurs and not close to winning a championship anymore.

I have the same feeling, I think that Wade would like to stay with the Heat but if they don't get the re-building starting soon, the old roster is going to jump to retirement or start sitting in a deep bech in some other team. So Miami is going to be forced to fill their roster with young but not talented players. That would be a shame, so I hope the Heat will quietly start re-building after this upcoming season, get key free agents or trades and stay at the top if the East.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot

First of all from a Laker fan congrats!!! Miami was the better team this year so expect guys like this to talk crap. It is the same jealous crap Laker fans put up with all the time. When you’re the champions you will inherit new fans and new enemies. Someone just need’s to remind this guy that the great Kareem Abdul Jabar was winning titles till he was 41 so age means nothing it is all about the hunger. Good luck next year see you all on x-mas.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #15
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
First of all from a Laker fan congrats!!! Miami was the better team this year so expect guys like this to talk crap. It is the same jealous crap Laker fans put up with all the time. When you’re the champions you will inherit new fans and new enemies. Someone just need’s to remind this guy that the great Kareem Abdul Jabar was winning titles till he was 41 so age means nothing it is all about the hunger. Good luck next year see you all on x-mas.
ur not callin me alker fan are you... im a twolves fan thank you very much
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: