Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #16
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best shot you've ever hit.

It was in a first-to-fve game, really quick, and the team was on 4 while mine was still on 0. I told the guy to pass to me nad I simply fired up the 3 pointer when a guy taller than me contesting.....swish. It was the happiest basketball related moment of my life, but we ended up losing because the other guys couldn't make a shot to save their lives.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

In gym once, we were playing 5 on 5. Were down 3 and a guy on my team misses one, it bounces back out over my head (took a weird bounce) i go back to about half court and launch it and i get nothing but net, so we go to overtime. The buzzer went off and everything. This was on my birthday too, everyone in the bleachers went nuts. The ball hog on my team ruined it in overtime, unfortunately.

I think in an organized game, I'd usually end up playing PF/C, so I never really get off many good shots. The best I've done was ice the championship with 2 free throws. Felt pretty good about that, I had a monster game that day.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #18
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Practice...just threw up a shot from about 2-3 feet from full court and banked it.

In game, there's two. One was with 3.1 left, grabbed a rebound, took about three dribbles and released it from the elbow of the opposing sides 3 point line. Game was over with or without that shot, but I loved it.

One that meant anything was when we were up 1 with about 11 left, inbound comes to me on the elbow, I hold it, right when they reach, I throw up the ball, and I surprisingly make it, so our lead is 4 with about 4 seconds left.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #19
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Basketball camp tournament, hit the game winning 3 with 2 seconds left. I thought we were down by 3 which is the only reason I took it, but turns out we were only down by 2, which I didnt know until they missed the last shot and everybody rushed me to congratulate me, while I was thinking why is everyone acting like the game is over when we have to go into overtime?

Then I found out we had only been down 2 and realized what was going on. It felt great.

Btw, I didnt hit another 3 the entire rest of the camp tournament. Funny how things turn out like that.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #20
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

In a organized game for my school team, I hit the winning shot. It was incredible. What happened was with one minute left in the game, the score was tied at 54 all. My team had the ball and Ronnie the point guard drove to the rack and got fouled. Made the first free throw and missed the second. Then this 6 foot behemoth on the other team ran the floor and got an easy layup. Now there's about 30 seconds left. Ronnie brings it up and gets it stolen. The kid who stole it got another easy layup. So the score is 58-54. 20 seconds left. Another kid named Ryan hits a corner three for us. 11 seconds left. 58-57. Then they bring it up and get a wide open three pointer. The kid chokes, misses, and we're running up the court, we had no timeouts left. The paint was crowded so Ronnie kicked it out to me. I hit it from the left elbow, game over. 59-58. It was madness.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #21
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Practice: I got done with practice and jsut throw the ball up into the sky. I was about 15 feet away from the basket. Nothing but net.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #22
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

I was 16...senior year of HS, had hops back then I could only dream of now. Dunked the first time when I was 15, could still do it at 21, I can grab the rim now. Anyway, at 5'11, one handed dunks were just about my ceiling. I could get off two-handed ones in practice, but it was a 1-in-3 success rate or so. Playing for my HS, I'd only ever gotten a couple of one-handed ones on fastbreaks with no one around.

Anyway, it was a game against one of the weaker teams and we were kinda running up the score when I stole the ball at midcourt from their PG, and raced for the hoop. Unfortunately, their C or PF was one of those fat 6'7 guys so he had barely made it to his own FT line at this point, dragging his fat arse up the floor. I figured I could beat him to the basket so I just blazed towards it. I also figured since he wouldn't interfere with my drive, I'd go up there and dunk it. I had been doing plyometrics around that time to improve my hops, with exercises out of old ball magazines. When I took the first step I just felt this power surging in my thighs, calves, everywhere. I just took off and the next thing I know I was going up. At the last moment, the guy decides to try and get under me and I end up dunking it two handed over him. My knees hit his chest, he hit the floor like a sack of bricks and I got a +1 out of it since he was quite late getting there.

Never did anything close to that again. Damn aging.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #23
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train

He has probably never seen a gun in his life.

:
No, not true. He's the monkey guy in his avatar.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #24
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reverse lay up with 2 players guarding me in the low posts it was actually one of the best shoot that i have ever made.

The other one is when i scored my career high 58 Points in an interbarangay league and i miracurously hit 3 consecutive 3 Pointers.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 AM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

My best shot in an organized game (and it doesn't have much competition, as I rarely attempt shots that aren't routine) was a baseline drive against our league's powerhouse team at the time. Granted they'd probably lose to the majority of varsity teams in the area, but for a house league they were damn stacked and I was barely old enough to be in the upper age bracket at the time. I'm driving basline and I try to do a hop step past the other team's oversized PG Little-Wade type (their best player on both ends). But he knocks me around on the hop step, with a little more force than necessary cause at this point I was starting to get into my groove as the designated defender and despite being 2 inches shorter and much slower and whiter had held him (granted, with some help) to no points for the first 8 mins of the second half. So he bumps me and I wasn't expecting it so I'm completely off balance, heading to the deck, looking at the floor and I flip the ball up over/behind my head with both hands while in the middle of my attempted hop step. Bounces around the rim and drops in.

I'm not too sure how crazy it looked but it felt like a freaking miracle when theh ball dropped in. this was I think 2 years ago.

Also, one time when I was real young, this might be summer leading into 9th grade, I made a shot from the ground. I get into the paint, I'm in a jam, I sort of lose my balance, fall down backwards, and I'm sorta lying there with my knees bent for about a second, and I just throw the thing up with 2 hands and it rims in.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 08-14-2007 at 02:34 AM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

i dont have too many great shots coz im more of a pass 1st pg.

the best ive done maybe a x-over from the top of the key to beat my defender. then help defense comes in, made a head and shoulder fake then spin move then quickly pulls up for a fade away since im almost out of control lol and i hit it over their center(3rd defender)

2nd best, on a mini 2-3 fastbreak, i stopped on the wing since we are outnumbered but when by defender looked the other way, i quickly spinned to the baseline and got an easy layup w/ 3 guys scratching their heads
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:06 AM   #27
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Practice-Hit a shot from the other free throw line. all net

in game-hmm... its between falling out of bounds and swishing a 3 in my friends face or something i did like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eP0Jy1Qizk
or a 360 layup in traffic.
Its between those 3 i cant decide
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 AM   #28
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketz_Foreva
you tryin me cuz?

easy boy...nobody wants you bustin caps like to did to "dat white boy" when really...his family and yours probably have similar incomes since he was down the street from you and this ghetto fabulous routine is just for show...

carlton banks anyone?
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #29
upscalator
Can barely lace up my sneakers

upscalator has an OK reputation so far

let's review my best shot ever!

1) time winding down 2) winning and losing in the balance 3) a championship at stake at the Y

and 4) i met a defender on the near side of the rim and shocked him by essentially pump-faking him while already in mid-air. i merely soared under the backboard, extended my long, rippling arm and deftly spun in a reverse dunk. championship won! my defender looked on, wondering if his eyes were deceiving him.

i wish i had it on video!

Last edited by upscalator : 08-14-2007 at 03:19 AM.
upscalator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:22 AM   #30
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Just messing around with my friend telling him about a game winning shot from halfcourt where the guy fumbled the ball a bit and it was going outta bounds at half court when he dived outta bounds and hit nothing but net.

I was reenacting it and hit the shot. It was soo nice.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: