Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #31
stolper
I brick open layups

stolper has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Best shot you've ever hit.

We were playing three point knockout at a middle school playground, with regulation courts and rims. My three hit the rim hard and bounced pretty far to the right side out of bounds near half-court. I ran and got the ball, in one motion I threw it up from near half-court on the right side, and swished it in. At the same time, some little kid was running around out of bounds on the right side. As I came down from my shot, I bumped into the kid and knocked him over. It was kind of sad and an accident, but nevertheless, it was a three-pointer from near half-court + the foul.
stolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #32
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

When I was 8, I was playing a game of 21 with my 13yo bro and his friend and with no spot I beat both by 7 with the game winning shot being a skyhook way beyond the 3pt line with both of them guarding me close
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 AM   #33
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

street game: i did a fadeaway from the side. it was a three pointer (i couldn't see where i was throwing the ball) and the hit the top of the rim, bounced off, and then fell in the rim.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #34
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Playing pickup ball I was torching this one dude and finally he got fed up and as I was shooting the ball he blatantly shoved me with both hands sending me damn near horizontal, I shot the ball anyway and it miracously went it. I didnt see it go through cuz I was lieing the on pavement looking skyward, but everyones reaction was proof enough.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #35
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

</thread>
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #36
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

</thread>
What a horrible entry pass.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #37
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

down by 2 10 seconds left i get the ball at the 3 point line and i hit it. also the very first 3 ive ever taken in my basketball life so u can imagine how excited i was.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #38
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

Not in game: Do dunks count? I once threw down this dunk where I had my right palm on the left side of the ball, and vice versa, on a 9'8" net. It looked pretty cool.

The best shot though has got to be when I threw a football from about 10 feet behind the basket, across the court in to the other net.

In-Game: In an actual game, all I can think of is a certain high school game. I was driving baseline, I tried to hop-step/muscle my way in, but I got fouled and ended up behind the net. I threw up the ball, over the backboard, but it rimmed out. I'm not sure if it would have counted anyway, but it was a decent attempt at an impossible shot.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #39
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Game winner in the championship game for a summer church league last summer against the official church team--gym full of supporters. 6 seconds left, they had just made a basket after my friend forgot to rotate over again. I bark for the ball, dribble through the press, and after passing half court put it through my leg once, stepped back for the NBA three and pulled up with 1.2 second left. All net, walked out with my hand still in the follow through motion. Best game of my life.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #40
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Has to be an illegal shot.

Was mucking around and then talking it up and said I could kick it in from 3/4 court.

Mate called me on it(obviously) and so i gave it a go and hit it.

Didn't call bank so he made me take it again and I hit it again.

To this day I have not hit it once since or even got close and was just talking trash when i said I could. Just one of those freakish things.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #41
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Game winner in the championship game for a summer church league last summer against the official church team--gym full of supporters. 6 seconds left, they had just made a basket after my friend forgot to rotate over again. I bark for the ball, dribble through the press, and after passing half court put it through my leg once, stepped back for the NBA three and pulled up with 1.2 second left. All net, walked out with my hand still in the follow through motion. Best game of my life.
I would believe you, BUT I don't...

A church basketball court with milliseconds.............
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #42
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I would believe you, BUT I don't...

A church basketball court with milliseconds.............

That's cause I have it on my buddy's cam, where milliseconds exist. Thank you, you can try again though.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #43
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
That's cause I have it on my buddy's cam, where milliseconds exist. Thank you, you can try again though.
Wrong again...

Why would you fake something like this on the net? or did you just fabricate the .2 to make it sound better?

Because even if your buddy's cam had mili secs, which I doubt. It wouldn't have any relevance to the game clock......
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #44
ereed6
I brick open layups

ereed6 has an OK reputation so far

I once hit a fade away 15 foot hook at the buzzer it was ridiculous it was a large game of 21 so i had 7 people guarding me.
ereed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #45
D-Fence
Great young streetballer

D-Fence has decent reputation

I've made a few hook shots from behind the baseline and corner 3-point line to win "unorganized" games. That might sound like a stupid shot to even attempt on several ocassions in the clutch, but sometimes I'll need a three or I'll be tired and even slower with less hops than usual. Moreover, I'm a good long distance shooter, and the defense knows that, so sometimes I require the hook shot.

One game-winning shot that I remember particularly well was in a 1-on-1 game where I got caught probably more than 6 feet behind the 3 pointer. I was looking for a 3 pointer--my opponent knew it--and I was exhausted. I picked up my dribble and was looking to just launch it up, but he was covering me so well that I just stopped. I looked for a way to throw the ball off his legs and out of bounds, but he was doing too well of a job to avoid that. I had no timeouts, either.

He was covering me too tight for me to even take a jump shot. I was too close to out of bounds and too far away for a hook shot or fadeaway. So, I pulled the ball over the back of my head and took an awkward set shot. It went in with just a bit of rim contact.
D-Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: