Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #16
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
Its hard to pick the best song of all time. But I'll throw out a song that craps on everything mentioned so far

Prince "Purple Rain"

Purple Rain is an excellent song, but Bowie's Five Years is superior
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #17
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
Purple Rain is an excellent song, but Bowie's Five Years is superior

Never heard it.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jean Jeanie is my favorite Bowie song.

And Starman
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #19
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatest
The greatest and my favorite rock song of all time:

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Sounds like a song from those Vietnam war movies.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #20
TheGreatest
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheGreatest has no real reputation yet.

BEST SONG OF ALL TIME RIGHT HERE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLkTj9iowbI

Last edited by TheGreatest : 07-15-2006 at 12:42 PM.
TheGreatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Five Years is not better than Purple Rain.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #22
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

Joe Esposito - You're the Best
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #23
joewait

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Jean Jeanie is my favorite Bowie song.

And Starman

Those are both excellent songs. Starman is probably my 4th favorite song off Ziggy Stardust, after Five Years, Soul Love, and Lady Stardust
Old 07-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #24
joewait

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Five Years is not better than Purple Rain.

It's far superior, in my view. Lyrically, vocally, instrumentally.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
exactly. or give some exact parameters to determine "greatest".

if you agreed with that, greatest is probably the ninth symphony of Beethoven.

If you agreed with that you'd have to go back much further. Prolly something Modal-Mideival or early renaissance.

A gregorian chant, I can't remember who did the first that used a 5th drone, would represent the dawn of western music and tonality as we know it.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #26
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatest
BEST SONG OF ALL TIME RIGHT HERE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_3bxGjyQ60

So your theme is I love asians long time? Everything revolves around that. Avatar included.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #27
TheGreatest
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheGreatest has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
So your theme is I love asians long time? Everything revolves around that. Avatar included.

She's Asian? LOL!
TheGreatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #28
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
It's far superior, in my view. Lyrically, vocally, instrumentally.
OK, but I think it's weak, harmonically speaking.

He's written much better stuff.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #29
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You should change the thread title to Most Popular Classic Rock Songs

Ok fine then lets consider modern songs. Is there still a song with great musical composition and lyrics. And Stairway to heaven only sounds like satanic verses if u actually read what people think it says. Listen to it backwards without reading what its supposed to say. I only hear "sweet satan" and Led Zep is just having fun.

And geewiz explain your reasoning on how Hotel Cali song talks about drugs.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #30
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Ok fine then lets consider modern songs. Is there still a song with great musical composition and lyrics. And Stairway to heaven only sounds like satanic verses if u actually read what people think it says. Listen to it backwards without reading what its supposed to say. I only hear "sweet satan" and Led Zep is just having fun.

And geewiz explain your reasoning on how Hotel Cali song talks about drugs.
It's about drug addiction and is a critique of L.A. culture in the 70's.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: