Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default How many games does this team win?

Was inspired by the "one superstar+roleplayers" thread. Take this lineup:

G - Kirk Hinrich
G - Mike Miller
F - Shane Battier
F - Rasheed Wallace
C - Tim Duncan

1) How many games does this team win?

2) How far in the playoffs do they go?

3) Name the weaknesses this team has and how they can be addressed, with next year's FA class in mind. Remember this starting lineup makes right around the salary cap on their own.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How many games does this team win?

It's a solid team, probably the conference finals. Inconsistency by Hinrich and Sheed will be their downfall. Try to get another energy scorer and a rebounder.

They'll win around 53.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #3
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Okay. Who, if anyone, from next year's FA class do you think could bring these kinds of things given the cap situation?

I'd say more than 53 games, though. They have the best frontcourt in the NBA hands down.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1) At least 58 wins.

2) Championship provided they have 2 or 3 cheap smart veteran role-players off the bench.

3) The only weakness I could think of is Rasheed's mindset on offense. Give this team the right coach that can tell him to never shoot another 3 in his life and it's pretty much a perfect lineup. Also neither Miller or Battier are good ball handlers so that puts a lot of pressure on Hinrich on the perimeter. But with Duncan in there, it should make everyone's job easy if they play smart.

I do think that other thread was asking to take only ONE non-star though and not fill out the lineup.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Oh. Well I guess I spun it off then.

My problem with this is that the team is lacking an explosive swingman that can come off the bench and be instant points. Battier and Miller don't create their shots very well, and I think they'd need a guy that can come off the bench and do his own thing.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Okay. Who, if anyone, from next year's FA class do you think could bring these kinds of things given the cap situation?

I'd say more than 53 games, though. They have the best frontcourt in the NBA hands down.

Eh, the frontcourt really depends on Sheed, like Qwyjibo said. If he can focus on the post they would be perfect. But in reality, with him shooting from the outside it's still going to be around 53-54 wins. Which conference is it in? Or does that matter?

They could try to bring in Ricky Davis/Dorrell Wright and Nenad Krstic. With solid role players of that type, they could win the title.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 AM   #7
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Defensively a frontcourt of Wallace and Duncan cannot be matched. It simply can't.

Let's say WC, because this team would be good for 65 wins and sweep the playoffs in the EC.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #8
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Defensively a frontcourt of Wallace and Duncan cannot be matched. It simply can't.

Let's say WC, because this team would be good for 65 wins and sweep the playoffs in the EC.

Yeah, defensively, i agree, unstoppable.

In the West, with players like Wright, Krstic, Ricky they would hit about 57 wins i think and win the title.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

What about this team?

PG: TJ Ford
SG: Raja Bell
SF: Andre Igoudala
PF: Chuck Hayes
CT: Duncan

TJ is a young quick guard who can create his own shot, can pass fairly well, and is scrappy on defense.

Raja is just one of my favorite guards.

Andre will help on the fast breaks with his explosiveness.

Hayes will hustle, get boards, play solid ball.

Duncan will do everything else.

In the west, how many would this team get with

Andrea Bargnani, Sam Cassell, and Maurice Williams on the bench?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:21 AM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think you need players like Ricky Davis. On a complete team like that, you don't need egos. I don't think this team could afford him either. You have to look for cheap options as well.

I'd add these guys:

Beno Udrih - An ok backup PG who will never be allowed to shoot. Would allow Hinrich to occasionally play some 2 as well.

Brian Skinner - He's tough, fairly athletic and can play both PF and C. A solid cheap backup option.

Walter Hermann - Good shooting and smart SF/PF tweener.

It's nothing great but all 3 IMO would play within their roles and be good fits. Also very affordable.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 08-14-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Good additions Qwyj. But do you think that the lack of an explosive scorer is a problem?

Quote:
What about this team?

PG: TJ Ford
SG: Raja Bell
SF: Andre Igoudala
PF: Chuck Hayes
CT: Duncan
50+ wins, too. I think, like my team, it's lacking a dynamic scoring swing that can consistently create his own shot. Iguodala can do a bit of that, but not as much as I'd like.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I don't think you need players like Ricky Davis. On a complete team like that, you don't need egos. I don't think this team could afford him either. You have to look for cheap options as well.

I'd add these guys:

Beno Udrih - An ok backup PG who will never be allowed to shoot. Would allow Hinrich to occasionally play some 2 as well.

Brian Skinner - He's tough, fairly athletic and can play both PF and C. A solid backup option

Walter Hermann - Good shooting and smart SF/PF tweener.

Yeah, good point. I would replace Skinner with Hayes/Milsap though.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
Yeah, good point. I would replace Skinner with Hayes/Milsap though.

I would too but I think Hayes just got a long-term deal and Millsap will get a very nice offer from Utah.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #14
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That team lacks someone that can get into the lane and make things happen. Someone like Tony Parker, Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade, etc.

Also Mike Miller is a very average defender, though I guess it doesn't matter so much when you pretty much have the best defender available at the other 4 positions.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #15
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

you trying to implement the "defense wins championships"?

well, anyways. they can win atleast 55+ and everyone on the team can hit 3's. so when timmy gets doubled, they will have to pay.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: