Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your regular season NFL picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Arizona's WRs might have something to say about that

Indy as well

also Detriot may now trump all of them...

Chad and T.J. are up there though

I'll admit to being a bit biased
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #17
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did someone on the Vikings die that I'm not aware of? Did the Williams Bros go off that bridge when it collapsed? They are finishing last. They got better, not worse.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #18
liverandonions
HERD is the WORD

liverandonions has decent reputation

Da Raidas!!!!!!!!
liverandonions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Did someone on the Vikings die that I'm not aware of? Did the Williams Bros go off that bridge when it collapsed? They are finishing last. They got better, not worse.
they have Tavaris Jackson at QB....

most people have no idea who that is...

he has never played qb in his life....theey are going to be really bad this year

poor peterson...
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #20
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

**** everyone who has the Cards last in the NFC West. I guarentee at least a second place finish. Just too much damn talent on that team.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #21
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Their defense will get better with Chad Greenway back from injury but their offense will struggle mightily. Teams will just focus on AP and force Jackson to throw to recievers who just aren't very good.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
**** everyone who has the Cards last in the NFC West. I guarentee at least a second place finish. Just too much damn talent on that team.

No way they finish better than Seattle or San Fran., it's just not happening. I'm a Cardinals fan but they just won't do it this year.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #23
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

How do people put buffalo ahead of the jets shows they know nothing about football...
I'd wait until after preseason is over to make predictions there can still be more player movement and injuries.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #24
-primetime-

I think something like this...although ANYTHING can happen in the NFL

I don't think there a single person in the world that predicted that New Orleans would be as good as they are...there well be some surprises and some teams that fail to meet thier expectations, it happens every year.

NFC

1 Chicago (12-4)
2 Dallas (11-5)
3 New Orleans (11-5)
4 St. Louis (10-6)
5 Seattle (9-7)
6 Carolina (9-7)

AFC

1 Patriots (13-3)
2 San Diego (12-4)
3 Baltimore (12-4)
4 Colts (10-6)
5 Cincinati (11-5)
6 Pittsburg (10-6)

Wild Card Games

New Orleans over Carolina
St. Louis over Seattle

Baltimore over Pitt
Cinncy over Colts

Divisional Round

Dallas over New Orleans (extremely high scoring game like 38-34)
Chicago over St. Louis

Pats over Cincy
Baltimore over San Diego

Championship

Chicago over Dallas (close game we loose because of home field advantage)
Pats over Baltimore

Super Bowl

Pats over Chicago (the most boring game ever played, Pats win 42-10)
Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #25
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dallas > Philly

have you seen Dallas's schedule? They could easily go 11-5...maybe even 12-4

Easily my ass. Your QB has sucked whenever he faced a good team. Julia Jones sucks as a RB, but he's still your starter (Barber is better but I guess he can't carry the load over a season or something). You have a WR who could become a big distraction if things start going badly. Your pass D was about as bad as ours was last season, and you added a head coach who has never won a playoff game to a team that hasn't won one in 11 years.

Quote:
thoughts on Jerry Jones:
greatest owner in all of sports....doesn't care about money, he just wants to win and will do what ever he can to do it...like Cuban only not as crazy

Man, Cowboy fans really do drink the kool-aid.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #26
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

AFC

West
1. San Diego
2. Denver*
3. KC
4. Oakland

North
1. Cincinnati
2. Baltimore*
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

South
1. Indianapolis
2. Jacksonville
3. Tennessee
4. Houston

East
1. New England
2. New York Jets
3. Miami
4. Buffalo

NFC

West
1. San Fransisco
2. Seattle*
3. St. Louis
4. Arizona

North
1. Chicago
2. Detroit
3. Green Bay
4. Minnesota

South
1. New Orleans
2. Carolina
3. Tampa Bay
4. Atlanta

East
1. Dallas
2. Philadelphia*
3. New York Giants
4. Washington

AFC Champion:
New England

NFC Champion:
Chicago

Super Bowl Champion
New England
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM   #27
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
NFC

1 Chicago (12-4)
2 Dallas (11-5)
3 New Orleans (11-5)
4 St. Louis (10-6)
5 Seattle (9-7)
6 Carolina (9-7)

Primetime = comedian
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
they have Tavaris Jackson at QB....

most people have no idea who that is...

he has never played qb in his life....theey are going to be really bad this year

poor peterson...

Quote:
Their defense will get better with Chad Greenway back from injury but their offense will struggle mightily. Teams will just focus on AP and force Jackson to throw to recievers who just aren't very good.

With our receivers, especially Williamson and the rookie Rice, being able to throw deep balls alone is an upgrade over Brad Johnson last year, who's max range was like 40 yards. That's the only position on the whole team that anybody could say is downgraded, and it really even isnt because Johnson was jsut terrible last year.

Positions:
QB- Johnson to Jackson, equal at the least, Jackson jsut fits the offense and the players around him better.

RB- Upgraded. Added top RB prospect next to last year's 1,200 yard rusher. Tony Richardson is still a great FB.

WR- Equal. We have a bunch of young guys, which is better than last year. We lost Travis Taylor and added Bobby Wade, that cancels out. Then we added Sidney Rice and aundrae Allison in the draft. We have a decent top three, and I have a feeling Rice will suprise some people this year.

TE- Downgrade. Who the F is Visanthe Shiancoe? We probably wont see much production from here this year. Kleinsasser will be used here a lot to block as always.

OLine- Same as last year pretty much.. Still have one of the top o lines. Best left side with Mount Mckenzie and Hutch. Birk is declining, but should still be solid for another year or two. Between Herrera and Hicks our right guard wont be great but they should hold it down decently. I dont know who will be starting at RT, I think Marcus Johnson is supposed to be progressing well, so that spot should be solid.

DLine- Upgraded. They were injury plagued last year at the ends.Williams, Williams, nuff said. Ok maybe not, but our ends have great depth. 4th round pick outta Texas Brian Robison is our 5th DE! We have Erasmus James, Kenechi Udeze, Ray Edwards, and Darrion Scott, I think we'll find two guys who can produce outta those 5.

LB- Upgrade. We get Greenway, and EJ Henderson is only getting better after a good season last year. Ben Leber is average but he will get the job done.

CB- Winfield is always a lock to be solid. Then you have a great young CB in Griffin who is probably my favourite player on the defense. We need production out of Macauley our 5th round pick, as either he will produce and give us a solid option, or we'll have to go with Devonte Edwards. Gotta hope Winfield and Griffin stay healthy. Oh yeah Smoot is gone, hooray!

S- stacked. Sharper isnt great anymore but we have 4 solid safeties. Tank Williams, Sharper, Dwight Smith, and FA Mike Doss. Greg Blue I like but apparently they are gonna cut him, :S. Id almost rather cut Sharper, hes not gonna be good for much logner, and Blue is a young hard hitter, w/e.

WE GOT BETTER! My prediction is anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #29
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Easily my ass. Your QB has sucked whenever he faced a good team. Julia Jones sucks as a RB, but he's still your starter (Barber is better but I guess he can't carry the load over a season or something). You have a WR who could become a big distraction if things start going badly. Your pass D was about as bad as ours was last season, and you added a head coach who has never won a playoff game to a team that hasn't won one in 11 years.

WTF???....did you even watch a game?

he beat the Super Bowl champion Colts...as well as Carolina...he beat the good teams and toward the end of the year when he went up against the Saints he started losing...

he is a top 5 in QB rating last year and went to the probowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Man, Cowboy fans really do drink the kool-aid.
Jerry Jones is a billionare that has no need to be GM....he doesn't care about money, he cares about winning.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #30
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Primetime, Carolina has one of the easiest schedules in the league and I guess you missed the pre-season game where Carolina's 1st stringers completely dominated the Giants.

I think this team is being highly overlooked, they are better and deeper then last year's team that were considered the Super Bowl favorites and trust me missing Keyshawn isn't that huge.

I hope you guys are right about San Diego, I'm anxious to see this team play...I know the Raiders and 9ers will probably miss the playoffs, but I'm being optimistic.

A little fact about football, when you miss 4 of your starting offensive lineman you will have trouble running the ball and protecting your quarterback...unfortunately for Carolina they missed a lot more then that last season. Their all-world corner back and middle linebacker were injured all season long, lost their starting QB for 3 crucial games, and they still had a shot at the playoffs. Oh they also missed their best offensive player for 2 games.

I'm not really making excuses but I think every single team in this league would struggle offensively if they had to replace 4 of their offensive lineman's for the year and expect to have a sufficient running game.

Carolina has two clear weaknesses, safety and tight end...other then that this team is talented and very deep at practically every position...I took a good chuckle at prime-time's standings...specifically how he thinks his Dallas will be #2 in the conference. Not surprising, Cowboy fans tend to live back in 1993.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: